It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cleanin' Out My Closet

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Damn...

Personally? I say yes. I expect absolute perfection from anyone in an authority position. That means never losing control, never getting drunk, never getting into a fight, never trying drugs, and never being wrong. 

That's a Tall Order. No learning curve.

That said..

Sex:
My hands never touched anybody that didn't give permission.

Fights:
I have a hearing deficit... I got picked on. I decided eventually bullies will no longer touch me. It only happened once. But I made it clear I will no longer be bullied.

Alcohol:
Not much of a drinker... however once in a blue moon a COLD glass of Blue Moon is tasty.

Drugs:
Makes me paranoid, grind teeth till I suffer major migraines. But I can say I tried it. Seeing what THC has done for cancer patients ( myself included )

And I get things wrong all the time... it's called learning.

Years ago I was employed at 911 par Blvd reno nv.
If someone stated on their application that they NEVER tried alcohol or drugs... it meant either they were Mormon or a habitual liar...

edit on 28-9-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Like I said, perfection only exists in fantasies. And even then, it's probably subjective.

Aazadan will only continue to be disappointed if that's what he/she is expecting.

In fact, the more perfect somebody appears, the more they are probably hiding.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

👍😊

To be clear..
If someone has physically harmed another. I hope justice is served.

But even Superman in his fictional world was not perfect. But even he got drunk...😊

The fact that nothing is perfect...
Ironically makes everything perfect.
edit on 28-9-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
That sounds like a fantasy to me. Perfection does not exist in reality.

Only because we're too soft on people. The more you expect out of people, the better they perform.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Well if you're expecting perfection, you're only going to end up disappointed 100% of the time.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Mmmm

Nope

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
That's a Tall Order. No learning curve.

You learn before you're in a position of authority. When you're some random person, you're allowed to be a screw up. I have high expectations of people. The older I get the higher they seem to get, because I become more aware of other people having had more time to perfect themselves.

Years ago I was employed at 911 par Blvd reno nv.
If someone stated on their application that they NEVER tried alcohol or drugs... it meant either they were Mormon or a habitual liar...

Interesting you mention that, I grew up in Reno lived there from age 2 to 20. I don't drink (I've had a handful of sips of wine in my life but that's all, never even tasted beer or liquor), I've never done any drugs.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Aazadan will only continue to be disappointed if that's what he/she is expecting.

Maybe, maybe not. I take the viewpoint that competent people surround themselves with other competent people, therefore, by pushing myself to my limits and being somewhat good at the things I'm interested in, I will over time find other people that do the same.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Well all I can say

Is I did it My Way.

What are skeletons to some are be dust bunnies to others.

I would clog a rainbow.

Hysteria. Isn't that a deff lepord tune?

Anyway, Jesus was perfect and the dems would still go all pontius pilot on Him.

Not saying Kav is Jesus but for people condemning the inquisition they sure are trying to recreate it!

McCarthy had nothing on these assholes.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Mmmm

Nope

The societies that have made the most of themselves like the Aztecs and the Egyptians punished any sort of failure severely. Societies that were more lenient generally ended up being more enjoyable places to live but they didn't achieve as much. Take Athens vs Sparta for example. Athens was the better place to live, but 1 Spartan was worth 10 Athenians when it came to accomplishing anything.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Perfecting oneself doesn't make you perfect. Nor should anyone be chasing perfection.

I'm not sure how many more cliches I can use, but maybe perfect isn't the correct word you're looking for.

edit on 29-9-2018 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

For a society that has a sizable chunk of people who claim Jesus is the example, we sure don't have many that can live the life he did, and far fewer that even try.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   

So you know what alcohol is..

Interesting you mention that, I grew up in Reno lived there from age 2 to 20. I don't drink (I've had a handful of sips of wine in my life but that's all, never even tasted beer or liquor), I've never done any drugs.

C'mon.. you just admitted trying alcohol.

Great.. McQueen, Reno, Reed.. Sparks, Hug... Galena..

Nobody is PERFECT...

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Devils advocate - a very low % of adults are who they were as a high schooler. And that comment is only relevant IF Ford is telling the absolute truth.

There are too many “if’s” circling this situation and honestly, Ive lost interest in what the finality of it all might entail.

30 yrs ago is a lifetime ago.

What makes me very uneasy is that one of those jokers is lying, and that is unforgivable due to the weight and significance of this nomination and possible confirmation.

Ummm...no...your wrong...

Either CIA plant Ford is lying...or all four of her witnesses and Judge Kavanaugh are lying...All under penalty of felony charges...

Once you let that sink in...then...you have to ask yourself...which scenario is more credible...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Perfecting oneself doesn't make you perfect. Nor should anyone be chasing perfection.

I'm not sure how many more cliches I can use, but maybe perfect isn't the correct word you're looking for.

Less flawed would be a better description.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

C'mon.. you just admitted trying alcohol.

Unfortunately. However, I've never gotten drunk, much less blackout drunk.

Nobody is PERFECT...

I went to Manogue.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Bishop

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

For a society that has a sizable chunk of people who claim Jesus is the example, we sure don't have many that can live the life he did, and far fewer that even try.

Got that right brother!

Hence Jesus saves!

We are not perfect because yo great granny messed up. lol.

Got all twisted up with some Dem snake in a garden somewhere.

Got everyone kicked out and now trying to get back in creating a facade through Govt.

You devils should just give it up.

Go toward the light!

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I graduated before their new campus (I guess it's much less new at this point). Haven't been back to the city since 2002. Thinking I might take a vacation there next year.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Less flawed would be a better description.

Ummm... how would one accomplish that...one wonders...?

Plastic surgery...?

All contriteness aside...the only way to remove a flaw from a gemstone...is to excise it by striking off the flawed portion...

What I discovered on my journey to becoming a perfected being...is how utterly impossible such a task is...
Trust me...I tried for years to attain a perfected...exalted state...

In the end...I finally realized that my character flaws are part and parcel of what makes me human...that I could no more sacrifice them for purities sake than I could relinquish my true nature to predation...

I now accept my potentiality no matter which side of any divide I’ve fashioned for myself...matter of fact...I’m more balanced emotionally when I balance the mirror images of my nature...

I accept and welcome that I am a compassionate and caring individual that carries an equal measure of force projection...

It’s all about balance...about equanimity that’s the closest we’ll ever come to perfection...when we realize and embrace all of our aspects...that’s purity in a human sense...being purely human...

YouSir

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join