It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Developing: IP Address of Person Who Doxxed GOP Senators Points to Maxine Waters’ Office

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Oblivious how? Each computer on the net work has its own IP address. Even with the public IP, the router would have logs of what was mapped to who specifically. I'm not expert on this, if I'm mistaken let me know but I am pretty certain the private IPs are traceable to a specific system

Further, NSA stockpiles all the mass data it collects (even the stuff it doesn't "intentionally" collect on each one of us)

Maybe POTUS should declassify/order the release of an unprecedented amount of PRISM data in order to determine whether Maxi is lying and whether Feinstein leaked the Dr. Ford letter.

Seems like he could finish off the deep state/bureaucracy with one simple release of data we already have that he's fully authorized by Presidential authority to release.
edit on 9/30/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

I did.
WebRTC. See my previous posts in this thread.

Or, are you saying that the house IT could not tell who posted to the web site?
Certainly they can. Any system would have logs of who was logged in when where and what web sites they accessed, unless they are totally incompetent.

edit on 9/30/18 by BlueAjah because: eta

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
If some part of the government doesn't look into this (although we may never know) then it would seem to indicate this type of activity is deemed OK. We might see inter party cyber wars or at least some good ole trolling.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

it's very easy to spoof an IP address or to change the packet headers to match the public facing IP address supposedly discovered by this web thing you keep talking about

it's called spoofing or and using a proxy

en.wikipedia.org...

If you wanna get crazy and actually learn about what you're talking about check out those videos and give it a shot.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

it's very easy to spoof an IP address or to change the packet headers to match the public facing IP address supposedly discovered by this web thing you keep talking about

It's to find the private address behind the public one.

As far as spoofing the IP on a post, it would have to take into account the security built into the web page (if there is and probably will). Often certain data that was sent previously must be returned in the post for it to be valid. Resetting the source IP in packets won't allow for packets being returned to get to the spoofing host. Not something the average person can do.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

true but obviously an average person didn't do this

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

true but obviously an average person didn't do this

Sure some average user did. Some intern was trolling wiki last fall from the same IP.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

ROFL, musta missed that part

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
i has to ask - who does one " doxx " a US senator ?

its not a " trick question " - they are public figues

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Are their home addresses in the public record? I honestly don't know. If not, then I would presume that it is doxxing. If they are public, then no.

Not cool, but not illegal, either.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The whole phone - address issue is being made out to be bigger then it is.

The fact it is one party workers versus the others is what I find interesting.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

Didn't you know? This is the "new" activism; Doxxing, harassment, defamation, censorship, threats, physical assault, flash mobs, disrupting opposition gatherings, silencing opposition voices... sounds awfully familiar, doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

being a brit - the US political system is confusing

BUT - i do know that mr obama and mr bidens home addresses [ as of 2007 ] were public records - on thier nonination documents

mr obama :

5046 south greenwood avenue , chicago 60615

what is the nonination documents for a senate candidate ?????

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults
So you're suggesting that someone on the inside fired off a IP spoof to frame M. Waters without the router or any log system alerting the admin? Not to mention in order to spoof an IP you have to be on the same subnet. If the time stamps on the wiki are the same as router logs showing which local IP gone to Wiki, then that is the nail in the coffin.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
If the traffic from the house has computers on a network using network address translation onto the internet then the same IP would likely show up for many, if not all, computers.

Basically It could have been any computer there.

Each office is going to have it's own modems, it's not like one giant network; this is how they know it came out of Maxine's office -- but can't tell who IN the office.

The IP they traced is the NAT Address of that offices network; is my assumption.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: fleabit

Oblivious how? Each computer on the net work has its own IP address. Even with the public IP, the router would have logs of what was mapped to who specifically. I'm not expert on this, if I'm mistaken let me know but I am pretty certain the private IPs are traceable to a specific system

Further, NSA stockpiles all the mass data it collects (even the stuff it doesn't "intentionally" collect on each one of us)

Maybe POTUS should declassify/order the release of an unprecedented amount of PRISM data in order to determine whether Maxi is lying and whether Feinstein leaked the Dr. Ford letter.

Seems like he could finish off the deep state/bureaucracy with one simple release of data we already have that he's fully authorized by Presidential authority to release.

They are traceable by mac address unless you're using dynamic networks. Then most routers don't actually keep those logs and the local can be spoofed manually by disconnecting the PC in that IP Slot and forcing the reissuing of that IP to the new computer; but if you could do that -- you would just use the computer in the first place...

zzzzzzzz

Dynamic Networks are basically standard despite not really being suitable to professional environments. Many Government networks use dynamic ip issuing. It's likely this really came out of Water's office and can't pin it to a workstation specifically.
edit on 1-10-2018 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

Dynamic Networks are basically standard despite not really being suitable to professional environments. Many Government networks use dynamic ip issuing. It's likely this really came out of Water's office and can't pin it to a workstation specifically.

DHCP can have timers set on them. If it doesn't refresh for say 6 months or what not then it would be safe to assume that whoever had that IP was actually the same person. It would completely depend on the refresh rate - or as someone stated - that the user actually unplugged his or her ethernet cable after doing what they did.

As far as politicians addresses being available, I see no issue with that. Everyone elses is and it doesn't take much looking to find it.

And seriously, let antifa show up with bullhorns and pussy hats and death threats. The more you know........

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

Doubt I would call then modems.

Anyway, yeah that where we have taken the speculation.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I suspect this is public address of a gateway versus being an internal address from a DHCP server.

The techs there already know what is going on. Bet the public will never be told unless someone in Congress pushes really hard.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

DHCP can have timers set on them. If it doesn't refresh for say 6 months or what not then it would be safe to assume that whoever had that IP was actually the same person. It would completely depend on the refresh rate - or as someone stated - that the user actually unplugged his or her ethernet cable after doing what they did.

Which if you have 100 users - for example - maybe two of them unplug their devices for whatever reason. Hammer them. Make them sweat. One of the two is probably responsible. Right?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join