It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Developing: IP Address of Person Who Doxxed GOP Senators Points to Maxine Waters’ Office

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

There is a chance it does point back to her office area. They could have one public address per rep. Probably not something easy to find today.

But it still doesn't show who in fact did it. And since people don't hold the leaders to accepting that they are responsible for their employees and agents then if anyone there actually cares then some peon gets thrown under a bus.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I guess I mean maybe they have each subnet actually divided up by each public IP

Its still a NATd address either way

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
So first of all, that is not doxxing. That is releasing personal information, completely different situation. Everyone already knows who they are. It would also be a pointless and petty attack. Home addresses are probably fairly easy to find, and phone #s can be changed.

Second, they would have to be monumentally stupid to do something like that from their OFFICE. Unless they are oblivious to network security, and how easy it is to trace information, why would they do this?

And last, the ridiculous breaches of security in all levels of government (and across the world) shows how pathetically easy it would be to spoof this attack. Non-updated servers and computers, lack of local security, proper firewall rules, even proper email protection to prevent a doofus from clicking on a link that compromises their computer are sadly common as dirt.

I guess they could be both that petty, stupid AND clumsy, but without more proof, I am sort of doubting it.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Yes, I would think the computers are locally addressed and there are many gateways, maybe to the level of each reps's staff or finer. I can't see the machines havinge public IPs alone due to security. (But it is the government) But Wiki isn't working to get internal IPs and storing them. Otherwise we would see more 10. and 192. listed there, IMO. I suppose they could save one and show the other but I doubt they care.

That's why I think it is a NATed or such address. Just a guess here, no information on it's architecture.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Yes.

I was replying to your post saying that private IPs can not be accessed by a web site, they can.

As for the subject of the OP, we have a public IP, and they tracked it back to other postings.
The IT staff of the House can certainly find out who posted at Wikipedia at that time.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
That public IP represents the entire networks public IP. A Client not behind a NAT and server is a huge security risk and open for direct attacks. They released the IP information to the world, now they need to completely rework the network.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
All involved in this disgrace should be investigated then sacked, then put behind bars

Utterly disgusting and vile, the Dems need disbanding

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted
Maxine Waters needs to be censured in the senate. Proceedings need to move forward and investigate her background and who she is working for. In my humble opinion it is the communist leaning deep state. If the IP address truly points to her or her office the FBI and NSA need to serve a warrant and arrest her. Inciting violence toward any citizen or government official is illegal.

edit on 29-9-2018 by Ansuzrune because: grammar correction

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Ansuzrune

Maybe she works for 4chan.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Fire her with no benefits and hopefully, she gets sued for every penny she has. She can go into her district and panhandle. If this is true mind you.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I mean, who knows? These are the same people that had the Awans running IT security for them for years, while at the same time selling them out to Pakistan. So, for those keeping score, we have the Awan situation with DWS and her crew with Pakistan. Then we have Feinstein and Co. selling us out to China.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: PokeyJoe

The scary part is the stuff that goes on that we never here about, on both sides of the aisle. I don't think honesty and politics can coexist in today's world.

Also imagine a panel of regular people getting to audit this crap. Bound to be an eye opener, IMO.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Well, thats a cyber attack by one part of government against another.

Thats also treason.

The more you know...

edit on 9 29 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Yes.

I was replying to your post saying that private IPs can not be accessed by a web site, they can.

As for the subject of the OP, we have a public IP, and they tracked it back to other postings.
The IT staff of the House can certainly find out who posted at Wikipedia at that time.

Jesus f christ, they cannot.

Post the technology that allows it.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ansuzrune
Maxine Waters needs to be censured in the senate. Proceedings need to move forward and investigate her background and who she is working for. In my humble opinion it is the communist leaning deep state. If the IP address truly points to her or her office the FBI and NSA need to serve a warrant and arrest her. Inciting violence toward any citizen or government official is illegal.

This is hilarious stuff.

Well, I guess you can't blame ATS for being oblivious to network security stuff.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

I guess they could be both that petty, stupid AND clumsy, but without more proof, I am sort of doubting it.

She has been accused, now prove it didn't happen. The accuser is always right, and the accused MUST be destroyed!

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Second, they would have to be monumentally stupid to do something like that from their OFFICE.

That's right, we are talking about Maxine Waters here. Probably the stupidest, dumbest, most ignorant, useless, worthless, brainless and incompetent person there is. You don't get any dumber or uglier than Maximus. And "her" (is that really a female?) staff can't be any brighter, otherwise they'd WalkAway and flip on Maximus before the criminal charges for this start bringing them down too.

I said it once and I'll say it again, Maxine's face is frightening. It looks precisely like "The Scream" artwork

...and Maxi's denial would've been more credible if it would have kept its horse sized mouth shut. By speaking, the words become instantly non-credible and entirely unbelievable. In fact, since it addressed it, it must be guilty by their dirty dem dog logic. Sorry demonrats, your own poor/non-existent standards are being turned around on you. Get used to it. You'll now forever be judged by the ""standard"" you judge others by. Enjoy!

edit on 9/30/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Come on Maxi-pal, if you are not-guilty you'd be screaming for an FBI investigation!

Nevermind the fact that CPD or DISA would be investigating, facts don't matter to you and now they don't matter to the rest of us.

If this slob doesn't demand an FBI investigation into her/her staff immediately, she should be expelled from Congress without further discussion. The majority has the power to dismiss mad max and should exercise that power.

This isn't a game of "grab ass." It's real life, and a fight for the soul of our nation (the same soul these bloodsuckers want to harvest for their own benefit...). We must slap their hands and put them back in their place every chance we get

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied
Are you suggesting that these are public access workstations and there is no username/password required to access them? IT may not be able to tell who actually distributed the info, but they can surely tell who was logged into the computer that it came from.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Why isn't Maxine demanding an FBI investigation? Why is she so angry?

According to Kavanaugh hearing rules, this definitively means Maxine is guilty. Not just accused, but guilty. Foregone conclusion

I thought every accuser deserved to be believed, leftists? Or does that only apply when the accuser is female and the accused is a Republican male?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join