German Protesters Call Bush America's Hitler

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Uh oh, not another quote...it's ok used it earlier today. Not the soup one, this one--->

Three strange things in the world;
loving war more than peace, loving excess more than sufficiency, and loving falsehood more than truth.

People and their propaganda, when is it going to stop? Oh wait! I know,
NEVER. Not as long as every day somebody has to have their Jerry, or worse.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
CazMedia- you use great facts(mostly true) you do you're homework you care you think but you only have one goal so you fail at your means keep up the good work if people like you don't push Bush then who would?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia

The Bandit stands firm on his scolds,

There is no free speech here on ATS as we have said numerous times.
I am well aware of the intellectual elitism inherant in the rules here, in that SOME types of speech (which are loosley defined at BEST) are indeed to be discriminated against. The more i see hiding behind "this is a private site" put up as the defense, the more I will challenge ATS to do more and better to deny ignorance by removing itself from the arbitrary position of deciphering acceptable forms of speech.

So you're willing to step into people's house on their invitation and want to say anything you want in their house without them even being able to say anything about it? You want other people to say and do what they want in your house? True free speech exists only in non-private properties and has only to do with government.

slate.msn.com...

Bandit continues to excercise authority,

Comments like this, will continue to be scolded when seen.
Fine, Understood. And Scoldings on the questionable "tone" in a persons communications will continue to be questioned as well.

All I'm doing is exerciszing my duty as a mod. That's all. We have to draw a line somewhere because then things can go and sometimes go to far. And it was obvious that he was ridiculing not a person, but a country. I don't like when people disrespect a whole country, especially when they don't live there and don't know the ins and outs of what's going on in the country. That's ignorance. Ridicule IMO is one of the things that promote ignorance.

Dont get me wrong here bandit, i do understand trying to keep a certain level of decorum in communications here,

And I don't want to force people to be nice to each other neither. And I don't give a damn about P.C.. Don't forget that.

People will learn nothing if they cant see others scorn/disdain/contempt for their actions.
Enforce things as you see fit, but know that your decisions WILL be scrutinized and questioned.

Bandit says,

I never intend to laugh at anyone's policy, no matter how much I disagree with it.
BUT YOU CAN!!! Where is it written that you cant look at anothers policy and laugh at it? Stop living in denial and embrace the fact that you CAN feel displeasure, ridicule, or any other form of "negative" emotion....

If that's the way how you think about things it's your own opinion. I surely do NOT. And I'm not lying to myself either. Not everybody is the same.

Bandit gives us ethics,

We are talking about mutual respect here,
Yeah? Respect is EARNED, not given...and the opposite side of respect is SCORN.....How is respect measured if it is not compared to how scorned something else is? Only by knowing what things are NOT respected do you know where the respect is.

He was disrespecting a country!! Don't you think that a country deserves respect by default? Especially a country which has existed for centuries and of which the roots date to ancient times? which is the base for the language you're speaking on this forum right now? A country which has made mistakes before and grown because of them? C'mon!!!

Bandit,

that doesn't give him the right to disrespect another country and it's government.
When did we lose the right to be disrespectful? Since when and Whom decided exactly what is and is not to be respected? Where is the printed list for ALL to see?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
ABOUT ATS: General ATS discussion etiquette

General Hints and Tips

Be nice.

15.) You will, if asked by myself or a moderator, cease posting any content, and/or links to content, deemed offensive, objectionable, or in poor taste by the representatives of the message board.

Lastly, and most important, this is a privately owned discussion board community. The administration and senior moderator staff reserve the right to take action against any member who is deemed to be devoted purely to disruption or whose actions represent behavior contrary to community building..

It continues to amaze me how LITTLE respect people give to the first amendment around here.

Especially considering that the website is not U.S. owned. The U.S. laws do not apply, although they are respected. Board rules and T&C come first.

Bandit, please understand, i have nothing against you, you seemed to fairly execute your duty here,
however,
I will stand up for freedom of speech whenever i see it questioned, especially for something as arbitrary as "tone".

See my first comment above. Freedom of speech does not and has never applied on private property.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Well bandit no I dnt think germany deserves any respect.
Let me make it clearer Germany Sucks
Hows that bandit?

BTW Kano good job warning me instead of making a publc statement.

However I fail to see how ths deserves a warning when posts stating that Bush is a terrorist, America is an imperial conquerer, America is the land of hate of death etc are allowed. But whatever, I really dont care. Warn me, ban me whatever, as long as I am allowed to post on this site will continue to voice my thoughts whether anyone likes em or not.

[edit on 28-2-2005 by mwm1331]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Then you are showing pure ignorance.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Bottom line the germans can think anything they want about Bush, the US or its government because the fact is they are irelevant
Thats right folks germany has no influence on the American political system.
And all these european protests don't amount to a hill of beans as far as most Americans are concerned.
The germans can call Bush Hitler, the russians could call him Stalin, the Chinese could call him Mao, and the africans could call him Idi Amin, and it wouldn't matter.
We don't care what you think f our country.
Didn't the guardians attempt to influence the US elections teach y'all anything?
We don't care what you think, how y'all do things, or what you would like us to do.
We are Americans and we are not like you. We are IMHO better.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
We are Americans and we are not like you. We are IMHO better.

And that's arrogance IMHO. What makes you better because you were born and raised in a different country?

EDIT: And this is what you are defending Cazmedia?

[edit on 28-2-2005 by TheBandit795]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Because I said so. It's my opinion
Don't like it? Don't care.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
And that's exactly what Hitler used to think.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
And that's exactly what Hitler used to think.

And?
That is supposed t bother me why?

You think I'm like hitler? So what? Why should your opinion matter to me?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Your own opinion of yourself should matter to you. But this discussion is becoming really ridiculous right now. Closing this thread might be the best option.

<< 6  7  8   >>

join

Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant
read more: Ora.TV's Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant