It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German Protesters Call Bush America's Hitler

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally puked by sensfan
What ever happened to the separation of church and state?
[edit on 25-2-2005 by sensfan]

yes, bush hears from God. of course he does. he prays and goes to church.

seperation of church and state is not in the consitution and is not a right.

hilary was not president but there are alot of people that want her to run for president cos she is a liberal, a woman, and a gay. But not even john mccain is conservative enuff for the country right now.

[edit on 25-2-2005 by conservativeguy]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by conservativeguy
plus bush has a mandate from GOD that lets him do things that we may not always understand.

If you believe that, I suggest you seek the help of some sort of counselling ... fast.

Whatever gave you that idea? Because he told everyone he did? Really great criterion there for this so-called mandate.

The last person that said he had a mandate from God to do His work and slaughtered nations doing it was Hitler -- and I'm not being candid here.

And in reality, if you killed people because God told you to do it, you'd be locked in a mental ward somewhere.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

yes, bush hears from God. of course he does. he prays and goes to church.

seperation of church and state is not in the consitution and is not a right.

This country was founded on the basis of religious freedom! It says it right in the Constitution:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

It says right there, "No law respecting an establishment of religion".

This 100% implies that when George Bush makes his decisions, he shouldn't be leaning on the crutches of his religion. Executive decisions are like laws and must be followed or there would be consequences -- therefore this clause applies.

Not only that, but why should this country, as it was founded on the basis of freedom of religion, be suddenly bound to Christianity or Catholicism?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally puked by Cryus

It says right there, "No law respecting an establishment of religion".

This 100% implies that when George Bush makes his decisions, he shouldn't be leaning on the crutches of his religion.

nope. you are wrong. you are confusing freedom OF religion with freedom FROM religion.

"No law respecting an establishment of religion" means that when he is leaning on his religion, he cAnt make a rule outlawing your religion. it has no meaning to remove religion from the state. that is just wrong. plus this whole country knew he was religious when we gave him the job.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Why is it wrong to remove religion from the state???

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Conservative guy, I like the way you ignored my earlier post debunking your idea that other countries support Bush and would have elected him. So convenient to ignore those who don't agree with you.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Why is it wrong to remove religion from the state???

sorry. i didnt mean it was wrong to remove religon from the state. i meant it was wrong what he said about the consitution making seperation of church and state a law.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   

nope. you are wrong. you are confusing freedom OF religion with freedom FROM religion.

"No law respecting an establishment of religion" means that when he is leaning on his religion, he cAnt make a rule outlawing your religion. it has no meaning to remove religion from the state. that is just wrong. plus this whole country knew he was religious when we gave him the job.

Well, the outlawing portion is in the clause after that, "or make no law prohibiting the free practice thereof".

When it says "respecting an establishment of religion", it means even giving a hint of credence towards any specific one.

I think I'm on the mark when I say waging war 'cause God says so is right up the alley of that "respecting an establishment of religion" dealie.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Conservative guy, I like the way you ignored my earlier post debunking your idea that other countries support Bush and would have elected him. So convenient to ignore those who don't agree with you.

sorry i missed your post.

lets talk about that for a minute....

you used associatd press (illuminati-rothschild owned and anti-bush) and ipsos-reid as sources in your post.

Ipsos-Reid says, " MAJORITY (52%) OF CANADIANS SUPPORT PRESIDENT BUSH IN APPROVING CIA OPERATION TO REMOVE IRAQI PRESIDENT SADDAM HUSSEIN."

CBC news in canada says that 57% Alberta support war in iraq

not to mention canadians for bush

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I wonder how the polls would look like in 2005. Those you posted there are from 2002. A lot has happened since then.

Edit: And the link in Sensfan's post is from a poll done in November 2004. So apparently the Canadians changed their minds.

[edit on 25-2-2005 by TheBandit795]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

When it says "respecting an establishment of religion", it means even giving a hint of credence towards any specific one.

can you show us where you came up with that interpretation? i mean, congress freakin prays before a session starts! that is credence, borderline revival of clearwater credence.

credence means "Acceptance as true or valid"

what accepted scholars/pundits agree with your view that in america all religion is invalid, untrue and unacceptable?

it really means the opposite....it means dont say any particular religion is INvalid.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I agree. I think the poll I quoted which was taken right after the election in November is more relevent now..

www.newsmax.com...

quote: Nearly two-thirds of Canadians had an unfavourable view of U.S. President George W. Bush, even though most Canadians said they had a good opinion of Americans, suggests a poll done for The Associated Press.

Just over six in 10 said they were "worried" and "disappointed" by Bush's re-election last month, said the poll conducted by Ipsos-Reid Nov. 19-22., a little more than a week before his first official visit to Canada.
Bush's re-election was viewed negatively by a majority of people in those countries - including in Britain, America's strongest ally in the war in Iraq, polling found.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

...apparently the Canadians changed their minds.[edit on 25-2-2005 by TheBandit795]

or they had them changed by a slanted and illuminati controled canadian/eurpoean press. if they had a ggod news channel like foxnews they would be more like america and suport the president.

you only hear about the people that dont like bush in other countries calling him hitler and stuff. that is stupid he is a great man and a hero to all americans. that is why we voted him back in for FOUR MORE YEARS BABY!

go bush

Jeb Bush/ John Ashcroft in 2008

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
oh yes, that must be it. Stats that don't go along with your view are some sort of conspiracy.

Can I ask you seriously, do you really believe all this stuff you are posting? Or are you just looking for an argument or debate, or points perhaps?

Or, is that really you George?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
No matter, since you used an ipsos-reid poll to back up your claims (a 3 year old poll that is) I'll use them too. From July 2004

www.ipsos-na.com...

Majority Of Canadians (60%)Would Vote For John Kerry As Next President of The United States Versus George W. Bush (22%)

Strong Majority (73%) of Canadians Agree They Like And Admire Americans, But Only 29% Say They Like And Respect Current Bush Administration

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Yeah I think it's good ol dubya himself debating with us right now...

Just kidding...

But!!!

The consequences of voting for Bush are yet to come!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Or, is that really you George?

HAHAHA man that one was simply hilarious

It is so obvious, just check the spelling in the posts

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I think it it were George, the spelling would be worse, He'd be telling us not to forget about Poland, and would say "It's hard work" every other sentence.

"HE FORGOT POLAND!!!"

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku

It is so obvious, just check the spelling in the posts

Don't say that...

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I have heard of a cave troll before, but never a Bush Troll....................

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join