It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German Protesters Call Bush America's Hitler

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

as posted by AlwaysLearning
Open your eyes, man, Bush wasn't there because he wanted to be...but because he had to be.

Really? How so, AlwaysLearning?
We went into Iraq without their help, technically, we can continue on in Iraq without their help.
As such, Bush went because he had to? Oh, yeah, forgot, you must be talking about the alledged June 2005 invasion of Iran, as quoted by Mr. Ritter, and that we need the help of the Europeans to do this, right?
And all despite the Hitler or no Hitler analogy's, correct?

seekerof

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
These are the same German's that when the death camps for Jews, Russians, etc. were discovered that they simply denied (were in denial) that they were thus and that such acts were not taking place?

Yeah, if anyone should have the 'know' and the 'right' to call anyone and assert that someone is 'like Hitler', it would certainly be them, huh?

seekerof

i agree with these statements. the parallels are uncanny.
except, the 'these are the same germans' part. these are the children and grandchildren of the same germans.
i would say it is americans who are in denial, now. but, you'll probably deny that.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesBlonde
Thanks for the new avatar.

Carry on Souljah.

A picture says 1000 words and, if it is good one, provokes the voices of 1000 whining idiots.

i will give you a new one!

i think people need to see more similarities,

bush vs hitler part 1
bush vs hitler part 2
extreme history
12 warning signs of facsism
bush-nazi dealings
bush family founded adolf hitler
does the history repeat itself?
bush-nazi connection
nazi and the republican party
parallels

[edit on 24-2-2005 by Souljah]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
In other wordy nuku you have absolutly no response to anything I said.
As for your inane comments, our currency s fine, and we have plenty of real allies from real countries, The UK Australia, Japan etc.
Germany on the other hand experienced negative economic growth last year,and has the highest unemployment rate in over 60 years, whilst france's economy is in equally dire straits and neither has been able to get thier debt below EU required figures in over three years.

So who's laughing now nukukookoo

Hey i never said i think highly of German government, i just appreciate those Germans standing out from a country that is filled with hitlerjugend. 12.000 may not be much but its a start.

And your countrys currency IS NOT FINE, anyway you are merely stating what theyre feeding you on FIX NEWS...and you named how many countries? Oh you forgot Poland....
Your government has "friends" becouse it bullys them into "friendship", you are all alone my friend, and bein taken for a ride

read some foreign newspapers, open your eyes

THINK HARDER

IBM

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Wait a minute, the Germans created Hitler. Bush is awesome, and the American people have voiced their opinion. I am much more comfortable living under Bush than under Klinton. I am glad we have voted Bush back into office. Man it feels good to exercise political power.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by IBM
Wait a minute, the Germans created Hitler.

No Hitlers parents 'created' Hitler.

Hitler never got a majority vote in the city of Berlin, the culural centre of Germany.

Many German people are Jewish. How do you think they like your statement?

As for GWB2, well, I can see why he appeals to you.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by IBM
Wait a minute, the Germans created Hitler. Bush is awesome, and the American people have voiced their opinion. I am much more comfortable living under Bush than under Klinton. I am glad we have voted Bush back into office. Man it feels good to exercise political power.

Then you didn't see this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And as was said before.... Hitler was not from Germany, but from Austria. And furthermore he was the victim of child abuse.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Given what I've heard for the last couple of years about the hatred that French and Germans have for the Bush administration and for American people, this protest could be considered a disappointment. I'd expect a much larger protest.

Someone here made a comment about US protests:

Allow me to paraphrase, 12,000 people of another country, felt the need to rally and tell Bush to get lost, and what's funny about it, he could not do a thing about it! No tanks, no arrests, no FBI interrogation of protestors.

I'd like this person to provide proof of tanks dispersing protestors in the US. Of course they won't be able to, and this type of skewed interpretation is the reason that so many euros have the wrong impression of the US.

Bush has been attacked as being too arrogant in regards to the opinion of the rest of the world. So he makes an effort to mend relations and he is attacked for that. Good for Bush to take the first step.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Bush has been attacked as being too arrogant in regards to the opinion of the rest of the world. So he makes an effort to mend relations and he is attacked for that. Good for Bush to take the first step.

Your right J. Its greatthat he is attempting to mend relations of the US with Germany. However, he wouldnt have had to do this if..................you know. That is why there is such a hulaballoo about it. Some of the German people see Bush as Hitler and have made their feelings known. Could you have reconsiled with Hitler if you were Russian?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Your right J. Its greatthat he is attempting to mend relations of the US with Germany. However, he wouldnt have had to do this if..................you know. That is why there is such a hulaballoo about it. Some of the German people see Bush as Hitler and have made their feelings known. Could you have reconsiled with Hitler if you were Russian?

I realize that he was the one who had to take the first step. But as for the reconciliation part, I think the Bush-Hitler comparison is unfair.

Well anyway, if it takes protests to ignite the peace, so be it. As long as the end result is more normal relations between countries.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

I realize that he was the one who had to take the first step. But as for the reconciliation part, I think the Bush-Hitler comparison is unfair.

I realize that it may indeed seem unfair to you. But you have to realize that these German citizens are expressing their opinion about Bush. If they truly see him as an emerging Hitler, we really should step back for a minute and take a look at what is happenning. Two or three Generations of Germans will not have lost their heritage and national history so easily. These people, if any, would be qualified to make or break this accusation.

Well anyway, if it takes protests to ignite the peace, so be it. As long as the end result is more normal relations between countries.

This is something we can agree on, as long as it is protest bringing about the winds of peace and not more war.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Muaddib,
You underestimate The people of Germany and their ability to rember their history. I DO believe that the Germans of this generation are well aware of what their family and countrymen endured. Do you not know your own history?

Perhaps you are overestimating them, and i doubt that 12,000 people demonstrating against president Bush is a big deal....people in europe have demonstrated against every US president....and every US president has been called a "warmonger."

Yet, The Germans, the French, and some other European countries have been involved in scandals helping dictators and allowing genocide to happen all over again.

The following excerpt was from a Boston Globe article, but it cannot be found anymore. However, here is an excerpt from another site about the German involvement in the genocide in Sudan in 1994.

[France and Germany] led the EU in the opposite direction. France provided Khartoum with military intelligence for the prosecution of the jihad, while French and German helicopters have been used for ethnic cleansing in southern Sudan's oil fields. Driving black, non-Muslims out of their homes creates greater security for the investments of oil firms like Total Fina (France/Belgium) and the German engineering giant Mannesmann.

The Sudanese government's role in the revival of the country's once-dormant slave trade formed the greatest single political obstacle to legitimizing the EU's appeasement policy. France and Germany therefore spear.ed a UN whitewash of this crime against humanity. With the rest of the EU and their new East European satellite states in tow, [France and Germany] overcame American objections and easily persuaded the UN Commission on Human Rights to censor any use of the word ''slavery'' from official documents on Sudan and replace it with the euphemism ''abduction'' -- a lesser offense.

Excerpted from.
tim.2wgroup.com...

Yet, the Germans the French and other Europeans do not look at what their countries have been doing even recently helping in the genocide of people, and allowing others to die of starvation because a great majority of German companies wanted to sell military weapons instead of food to Iraq. As always they blame the US for everything....which they have been doing for a long time....

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I don't understand why the majority of Americans don't care about what Europeans think.

After all, they've seen more wars than we have, they understand diplomacy a bit better (seeing as there are more than a dozen countries in an area half the size of the U.S.), and there are people there.

What's the population of Germany? In 2004 it was roughly 82.7 million (link). The population of America? About 296.2 million (link). The unemployment rate in Germany is about 10.5% according to the CIA world factbook.

The U.S.'s unemployment rate is 6% according to the same source.

Verdict? 10% of 82.7 million is 8.2 million.

6% of 296.2 million is 17.7 million.

More people are unemployed in the United States than in Germany. But see, the percentages are decieving.

Also, I may want to add that Germany's public debt is at 64.2% of its GDP of $2.271 trillion and the U.S.'s is at 62.4% of its GDP of $10.99 trillion.

Ooops. I guess we owe more money, too.

Don't take everything at face value, especially these "60%" unemployment statistics.

[edit on 2/24/2005 by Cryus]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cryus
I don't understand why the majority of Americans don't care about what Europeans think.

Because Europeans have shown to hate the United States for decades now, there is nothing new under the sun when it concerns the animosity of European people towards the United States...

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Because Europeans have shown to hate the United States for decades now, there is nothing new under the sun when it concerns the animosity of European people towards the United States...

And there's a reason for this. It's because we (the U.S.) play with war and peoples' lives all willy-nilly, whereas Europe would rather talk things out. They've seen what war can do to their homelands and want to avoid it at all costs. We're quite fortunate not to know as well, so we're more apt to use force even when not necessary.

Plus the U.S. has a reputation of not listening to advice from Europe and having that bite us in the ass.

You can't be involved in world policy while not looking past your borders.

[edit on 2/24/2005 by Cryus]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cryus
And there's a reason for this. It's because we (the U.S.) play with war and peoples' lives all willy-nilly, whereas Europe would rather talk things out.

Did you not read at all the article on France and Germany's involvement in the genocide in Sudan?....and if the europeans had learnt anything, is how to look the other way when genocide is occurring meanwhile they make money as they help dictatorships.

[edit on 24-2-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
dont take any offence that i dont read that illuminati rag/press at the start of the thread, you are not gonna find out what is going on by reading the propoganda
(they are telling you what to think)

if you want to know what this GLOBAL satanic network who is setting up the SATANIC NEW WORLD ORDER is doing learn there basic CODES and SYMBOLOGY.

for example, tesla style weapons used for satanic ritual and nwo brainwashing

december 26th 2003, the iran earthquake

december 26th 2004, the tsunami (300,000+ ritual sacrafice)

(in old times and up to present) december the 26th is the day when human sacrafice is given to the death and rebirth of the sun.

staged events like 911 etc has all got symbolic meanings and rituals, woven around them, it is all being orchestrated, to bring in the satanic new world order.

while you read rueters and other illuminati owned tosh they are bringing in a age of evil, start learning whats really happening peeps, they havnt won yet.

[edit on 24-2-2005 by MysticOfRadiance]

[edit on 24-2-2005 by MysticOfRadiance]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticOfRadiance
dont take any offence that i dont read that illuminati rag/press at the start of the thread, you are not gonna find out what is going on by reading the propoganda
(they are telling you what to think)

if you want to know what this GLOBAL satanic network who is setting up the SATANIC NEW WORLD ORDER is doing learn there basic CODES and SYMBOLOGY.

Riiiiiiiight.....

Talking about propaganda being spoonfed into people...

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Oh btw, one more thing you forgot to mention..... December 25th is when the celebration of the winter solstice occurs, or the rebirth of the sun.... Which is one of the reasons why the church moved the birth of Christ to December 25th.....

Likewise, the date of December 25th, celebrated in most Northern societies as the birth or feast day of the solar deity, resurrected king or savior, is indicative of a 6,000-year-old tradition.

Excerpted from.
www.echoedvoices.org...

There goes your conspiracy theory....

[edit on 24-2-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Sensfan levels an acqusation,

Why are people voting no on this submission? Is it Bush lovers that don't want a Bush protest posted as news? C'mon people, this is ATS, the news is supposed to be unbiassed. This is newsworthy.
How exactly can you offer ANY proof as to why anyone voted for or against this as a potential news story? This wont be the first time this idea will be desperatly bantered about here.

Kidfinger snatches the idea and runs,

It would seem to me that there are Bush supporters that are afraid this might lend credence to what quite a few of us have been saying for awhile now
Notice how this seems to lend more creedance to this already flawed hypothsis. Again tho, there is NO WAY to know who voted how.

Websurfer chimes in,

The life of a person that affects me in no way is never newsworthy. The whole point to this article is Bush Bashing, which I don't mind partaking on now and again.
So Web, do you REALLY believe that Bush affects you in no way at all? The fact that foriegn people are protesting Bush is a testimant to how far his effects go...and you think Bush doesnt affect you?
As far as enjoying a good Bush bash, ME TOO!
Just looking at the drivel i just cited to see how amusing totally baseless banter can be from people that arent seeing the same reality that i am.

Kidfinger tries to defend the Bashfest,

This is not Bush bashing. It is simply a report on another countries opinion.
Oh REALLY? While the initial report is newsworthy because of a Presidential diplomatic visit during a time of war..and citizens protesting....the rest of this thread so far has pretty much been an ADMITTED bash fest.

Reporting on OPINION is generally called POLL TAKING, not NEWS.
the newsworthyness of this article is because world leaders meet, not because of dislike of Bush...as i previously pointed out...looking back other Presidents have recieved similar or worse greetings from Europe before.
This is NOTHING NEW....and old news is stale news at best.

The Kid gets back on track,

The citizens of the former NAZI government of Germany has made the accusation that Bush is comparitave to Hitler. I would think that if people with this kind of experience on the subject are making these claims, well, there must be something to them.
Can you BE more general? 12k people is a tiny fraction of the population of germany, yet you can leap to the conclusion that this is really representative of the overall german attitudes? I also must question the peoples experiance with nazism/hitler. Some citizens may have a decent idea but even fewer will actually remember that time. thats to say i "knew" about the kenedy era because i was alive as a child then...other than history lessons dont know kenedy any more than they would hitler.

Indigo child bashes away,

You got a Hitler there, whose going to make your lives hell.
Some of us think....Fine, then we'll see you in hell!

James Blonde questions,

Wouldnt it be great if the Chancellor simply refused to see him.
No it wouldnt be great, it would be PERILOUS. Part of diplomacy is the SNUB....a refusal by a world leader to see a visiting world leader is pretty much spitting in your face...if you dont take offence at that, your either not paying attention, or you have no self respect.
Removal of diplomats and or snubbing is usually reserved for countries that are soon to have a conflict. Dont think the chancellor can afford to NOT see Bush....it would have sent a message to the American people and I for one would have said " f you" right back to him, and Germany as a nation.

Sauron quickly grabs the false hope again,

Over the last 24 hours Bush supporters have tried to bury this article that had been put forward for submission for ATS member to vote if it should make front-page access on ATSNNews pages.
PLEASE PROVE THIS ACCUSATION!

Mwm says,

Cut what out exactly? Making accurate observations? Pointing out that germany has one of the highest unemployment rates of any western nation?
Or laughing at the fact that they dont realise this is the direct result of thier own economic policies?

To which The Bandit scolds MWM....

You can say all of that without the tone you meant it with. I bet if somebody said something about the U.S. in the same tone you did it, you'd be angry. Can I laugh at the U.S. economic policies that might hang the country in the future???
Whats the problem here Bandit?
We can post any kind of "tone" we'd like here as long as we're not making attacks, or using foul terms. True open communication means your GONNA hear something that will make you "mad"....deal with it. MWM can certantly find humor in his observations of german economic issues and should be able to express them in a similar manner to the protesters hounding Bush.
YES Bandit, you CAN laugh at US economic policies all you'd like and i will support your abillity to talk about it. When talking about whos a nazi remember that silencing the opposition is one of the hallmarks of fascism.

Well so far this thread is really old news wrapped in a good old fashion bush bash extravaganza....old news being MANY US presidents have been protested while visiting europe, and at about the same level of intensity.....nothing new there....only the names of the President have changed....

If our presidents all get about the same welcome over there, then the fact that there is not a LARGER protest for someone supposedly hated as Bush is, leads me to think that the anti-Bush stance isnt as powerful or numerous as youd think. This isnt a big deal at all in fact, just another reason to bash...i mean...protest...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join