German Protesters Call Bush America's Hitler

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
I take inordinate pride in Bush's lack of popularty in
europe, its proof he's the right man for the job.

Well said. If he were popular in Europe that would mean
that he had sold America out ... Kerryesque. I don't give
a hoot what a bunch of pimple-faced kids in Germany say
about G.W. I highly doubt that any of those people were
alive in WWII and it is very obvious that those youngsters
have no clue as to what Hitler really was. I'd loooooove
to see what their school history books say about Hitler.

Anyone have stats on the protesters? I'd love to see 'em
and laugh. How many are over the age 25? How many actually
have a job and don't live in their parents basements?

Just a bunch of 60's-hippies-wannabes.

Who cares? Not me.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by spike
....this coming from the people who created Hitler......

The people did not create Hitler. And stop judging the whole population of a country.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
FF a more pertinent question would be "how many germans of any age have a job?"

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

... war is needed. Yep. That's the ugly truth.
WWII wouldn't have ended except with war against
the agressors (Germany and Japan). That's just a
fact. Talking did no good.

Are you saying the only way to stop Bush's killing spree is to go to war? I don't agree.

There are economic sanctions - and the US is already in deep doodoo with national debt - everyone is just going to raise their interest rates and stop buying American exports. ...Bush's hands will be tied. End of story.

Granted, if he attacks anyone else - they probably will fight back, and should - so you're partly right.

But the goal is to solve the problem before it escalates to violence.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Cut it out.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Cut it out.

Cut what out exactly?
Making accurate observations? Pointing out that germany has one of the highest unemployment rates of any western nation?
Or laughing at the fact that they dont realise this is the direct result of thier own economic policies?

IBM

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Man I hope Russia just takes over Europe, then they willl be crying for US help, like they did in WW2. US saved Germany's ass in WW2. I think its time we handed over Germany to be annexed by Russia. Then Russia will own your ass.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I feel that criticizing another nation that had experiences in what a dictator in the making make look like shouldn’t be taken lightly.

Even if many agree that Bush is not “Hitler” some of his actions may be seen like it, in this time an age we should be masters of how to conduct business and diplomacy instead of invading a sovereign nation.

Now we make fun of the population in Germany, less than 25 and living in basements, but we have problems with our own young people here, how many people are unemployed in a nation of plenty.

How many children in our rich nation goes hungry, sometimes is good to listen to others instead of making fun.

They have also a reason to protest, even if we don’t see it that way.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Bush Backs Out of Promised German "Town Hall"

The much-touted American-style "town hall" meeting the White House has been planning with "normal Germans" of everyday walks of life will be missing during his visit to the Rhine River hamlet of Mainz this afternoon. A few weeks ago, the Bush administration had declared that the chat -- which could have brought together tradesmen, butchers, bank employees, students and all other types to discuss trans-Atlantic relations -- would be the cornerstone of President George W. Bush's brief trip to Germany.

State Department diplomats said the meeting would help the president get in touch with the people who he most needs to convince of his policies. Bush's invasion of Iraq and his diplomatic handling of the nuclear dispute with Iran has drawn widespread concern and criticism among the German public. And during a press conference two weeks ago, Bush said Washington is still terribly misunderstood in Europe. All the more reason, it would seem, for him to be pleased about talking to people here.

But on Wednesday, that town hall meeting will be nowhere on the agenda -- it's been cancelled. Neither the White House nor the German Foreign Ministry has offered any official explanation, but Foreign Ministry sources say the town hall meeting has been nixed for scheduling reasons -- a typical development for a visit like this with many ideas but very little time. That, at least, is the diplomats' line. Behind the scenes, there appears to be another explanation: the White House got cold feet. Bush's strategists felt an uncontrolled encounter with the German public would be too unpredictable.

I mean duh. He stacked town halls in America despite a "surging" 50% approval rating.
Like he's going to let the German public ask him questions?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
hey you guys

try this for a better understanding:

service.spiegel.de...

[edit on 24/2/05 by l33chy]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a picture speaks more than a thousand words.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
A town hall meeting, hum....can you imagine, not fences and not “protesters pen” I imagine he was afraid with the possibility of a riot coming from such an event, and not police or homeland security to take care of the “possible acts of terrors” on the president.

Let's talk about the realities of the good will visit to EU, I think Mr. Bush was expecting protesters but not in the magnitude that has been awaiting him.

Even, littler old me will be worry too, when people get's to closed you never know what can happend, and security is nothing compared to what we have in the US

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by l33chy
hey you guys

try this for a better understanding:

service.spiegel.de...

[edit on 24/2/05 by l33chy]

Quick quiz. He was re-elected as president of the United States despite being largely disliked in the world -- particularly in Europe. The Europeans considered him to be a war-mongerer and liked to accuse him of allowing his deep religious beliefs to become the motor behind his foreign policy. Easy right?

Actually, the answer isn't as obvious as it might seem.

from l33chy Link

interesting but Bush is not Ronald Reagan, no matter how much Bush likes to think it.

[edit on 24/2/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Cut what out exactly?
Making accurate observations? Pointing out that germany has one of the highest unemployment rates of any western nation?
Or laughing at the fact that they dont realise this is the direct result of thier own economic policies?

You can say all of that without the tone you meant it with. I bet if somebody said something about the U.S. in the same tone you did it, you'd be angry. Can I laugh at the U.S. economic policies that might hang the country in the future???

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Not a photoshopped picture probably taken out it's context.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
l33chy

You have a nice link there and it may be right, is a good thing when the Berlin wall came down, and if the article wants to give all the glory to Reagan fine and dandy, but they were ready for something like that in Germany.

Now we have a difference between Reagan and Bush, Bush in his “spread of democracy” invaded a sovereign nation under false pretenses so let not forget that.

The good intentions are mar by the thousands of people that has die and still are dying since the liberation of Iraq and their future while in the making is still a bloody one.

[edit on 24-2-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Hmm..interesting.

I don't think that this will change much...I mean, I know the overall feeling here on ATS is one of an anti-Bush mentality, but let's face it folks:

America did re-elect him. He isn't hated by the majority of people. He is hated by the minority, however these are the people that are on the news, TV, etc.

It's as simple as that.

-wD

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   

And this is a surprise to anyone for what reason?
Of course the germans protested, so what?
Do they really believe it'll make a difference? Did it stop the war from starting?
The germans and french are justifyibly pissed, none of thier predictions are commng true. Bush was reelected, raq isn't the next vietnam and democracy has taken taken hold there. There isn't a civil war breaking out, and saddam is in jail. All thier predictions were wrong and to top it off we did do it without them.
I'd be pissed If I had been shown to be irelevant, powerless, as without any influence in world politcs too.

Yeah, but Bush is in Europe eating crow so that everybody else will fork over to help rebuild the place since its been destroyed.

Open your eyes, man, Bush wasn't there because he wanted to be...but because he had to be.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Interesting comments. Let's face it Mr Bush is not that well respected in the EU.. I suppose he had a good idea of the public reception he could expect before he went there.
He's the newly elected prez and this sort of thing may not go away prior to his leaving office in four years or being tossed out prior to.

The meeting with ex KGB Putin will be quiet, until the prez is back on Airforce One. At that point perhaps we'll have new fireworks to ignite here.

Dallas

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Thanks for the new avatar.

Carry on Souljah.

A picture says 1000 words and, if it is good one, provokes the voices of 1000 whining idiots.

[edit on 24/2/2005 by JamesBlonde]

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join