It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

season premier of FOX last man standing. BOOOOOOOOOO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Half way through the season premier and it has been politics the whole show.

Very unimpressed. I was a big fan of the show .

Is there anything left without a political agenda?
edit on 28-9-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The point was at the end.

If we do not come together in this country, and actually talk and listen to each other, then someone is moving to Canada. And nobody wants that, do they?

LOLOLOLOL...

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Is there anything left without a political agenda?

This is a giggle-pun to me. Answer: No, there's nothing Left without a political agenda.

Sadly the right isn't right either, but television has been used to push social agendas since its inception. Think Star Trek: TOS vs I love Lucy and then you gots some 'splainin to do

It's too bad when a good thing changes for the worse.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

It's was intentional since it was the first show and so much has been made about him and politics. It settles down a lot from what I read and with the exception of new/old characters gets back into a more normal routine

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Oh, that was nothing....

Watch Murphy Brown. For #s sake Hillary was a guest and the whole thing was political.

As for Last Man Standing, the cast change of "Mandy" with the tall blond girl was strange and "Kyle" just didn't seem right without his long hair.
edit on 28-9-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Me and my wife liked it, it was political because that’s why the show got canceled in the first place, so they were leaning into it a little. I really liked the jokes about the actress change in the begining and the jabs at the network change we’re good too.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Oh, that was nothing....

Watch Murphy Brown. For #s sake Hillary was a guest and the whole thing was political.

As for Last Man Standing, the cast change of "Mandy" with the tall blond girl was strange and "Kyle" just didn't seem right without his long hair.

You should have known from the get go when the commercial says "No matter which way you lean.." And the whole cast visibly (via cgi) leans to the viewers left.
edit on 29-9-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Me and my wife liked it, it was political because that’s why the show got canceled in the first place, so they were leaning into it a little. I really liked the jokes about the actress change in the begining and the jabs at the network change we’re good too.

Exactly.

The fans get it. (and the show has always been a bit political. BUT they handle it in a pretty solid way).

These 4th wall breaks were fantastic, well-timed, and felt right.

Even some of the subtle things. For example, when the older sister sees the new blonde "Mandy", she is utterly confused, but it's very fast and subtle (if you blink, you'll miss it).

Personally, as a fan of the original show, it felt just fine. Like we never left. As for the new Mandy, she at least acted the part pretty well. The older sister was changed in the original show. So used to that.

top topics

join