It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats win! Precedent set to unleash decades old allegations with no proof

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Although I agree the entire thing is a sham. The republicans had to cave. It was the politically correct thing to do. Their are many people on the fence this election. The republicans giving into the dems demands which will most certainly clear Kavanaugh will backfire on the dems come election time.

The more games the dems play, the more the republicans cater to their ludacris demands, the more the republicans look like the party that is concerned about truth and respect for the legal system.

Litteraly everything the dems are doing right now is going to punch them in the face in November. The republicans are winning every showdown. The republicans have repeatedly shown patience every step of the way when none was legally required of them.

The dems are so lost in their hate and desire for a globalist NWO they have lost touch with the voters. They are turning all but a select group of loyalists against them. Even if many of them vote independent or obstain from voting because they don't support either party the more the republicans win.
edit on 28-9-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Are these democratic senators to afraid to ask for an investigation? I don't get it?

Your not the only one.

The left knows without a trial by jury of BK's peers.Without evidence that actually would be accepted in a court of law. Hes GUILTY.

And still weaponize the FBI to get what they want.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

im too busy blaming Feinstein for concocting this malodorous stench after sitting on the story for 2 months.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein denies withholding Christine Blasey Ford's allegations against Brett Kavanaugh for political reasons

Ford initially sent a letter to her congresswoman, Rep. Anna Eshoo, which was then sent to Feinstein in July. In the accusation, Ford claimed Kavanaugh attempted to sexually assault her at a house party in the summer of 1982.

Ryan Grim, the reporter from The Intercept who first obtained and publicly wrote about the contents of the letter while keeping Ford anonymous, denied on Twitter that one of Feinstein's staffers had leaked it to him.

Feinstein asked for a point of personal privilege to respond to Cruz, where she explained the rationale for not sharing the allegations with her Republican colleagues or to the public.

Republicans have routinely accused Feinstein for sitting on Ford's allegations for six weeks after receiving them, and accused her of weaponizing it to torpedo Kavanaugh's nomination for political purposes.

"Mr. Chairman, let me be clear. I did not hide Dr. Ford's allegations. I did not leak her story," she said. "She asked me to hold it confidential and I kept it confidential as she asked. She apparently was stalked by the press, felt that what happened, she was forced to come forward, and her greatest fear was realized. She's been harassed."

How do you feel about what happened with Merrick Garland? I'm not a big fan of whataboutism, but these past several years have been leading up to this moment. We are in a hell of a place

I can't prove what Feinstein was up to - but neither can you. Just as neither of us can know what really happened or didn't happen between Ford and Kavanaugh

You're disgusted by her - I have my own feelings about several other people. The GOP seems to think Kavanaugh is entitled to this position - but that's not how it's supposed to work

He needs to deserve it

edit on 9/28/2018 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

I get what you are saying, I really do.....but, do you think by caving here, you only invite more of the tactic in the future?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
you pretty much prove why we are where we are

In a nation with a Republican President, House, Senate, and Supreme Court? Yeah, I'll say you're not wrong about that at all.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

And there we have it.

Ok with the politiciaztion of sex assault claims

good job!

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I am sure we can expect to see the FBI raid her lawyers office any day now...

I mean, that's okay when they are investigating someone right?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Democrats should learn to shut up and sit down.

This is not your time.

Chances are it won’t be for some time.

You banked on Hillary and lost.

You are banking on a house and senate flip.

You will lose.

Your lack of vision is disturbing.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I siad that fenstein, or eshoo, or her lawyers leaked this.

I am confident saying that because only eshoo, her lawyers, or feinsetins office had the letter.

I theorized her lawyers leaked it. Its irrelevant as these were all democrats supposed to be helping her.

Franken was completely different, and I was against that anyways.

To try to say this is like the russia interference is laughable.

Facebook trolls are tantamount to removing the idea of inocent until proven guilty is laughable.

Oh well, to each their own i guess.

I look forward to you cheering for more allegations being held on to and sprung at the last minute!

I have my credibility always arguing innocent until guilty, even with people I dont like like franken, ellison, and bill clinotn.

If you are willing to throw your intergity away in the name of politics, so be it.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The way it use to be.

And yet theres no such lawful conviction on Bk's record.

What they've done is completely violate BK's fifth amendment right.

NO person shall be held answerable to a capital or otherwise infamous crime unless............

edit on 28-9-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Like hionosa (sp) said “ innocent until proven guilty is for the court room, it doesn’t apply to the court of public opinion.”

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Tekaran
I say bring it. FBI will not find anything new. Although i'm not a fan of Flake, or this action. I feel like now the Left will have no basis to complain about no investigations when the time comes for him to be confirmed. And he will be confirmed. My opinion of course.

You really think that?

You dont think they wont say a week wasnt enough?

You think if no evidence is prodcued by the fbi that they will now say kavanaugh is most likely innocent?

You dont think they wont say a week wasnt enough?

I think that is exactly what will happen Gram. I think you are spot on the money with this one

If this is allowed to stand, there is no hope for any sort of reintegration or a return to the norms that once guided are formerly polite civil society

Do the democrats realize how serious the repercussions of their actions are?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Exactly right

Since sexual assault (and rape) are legal terms, attempting to hold him as such is a clear violation of his 5th amendment rights

The America hating left doesn't give a hoot

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

that way of thinking is so, so, flawed. People that feel the way you do should just say we don't need the 4th amendment ,because , using your logic, we shouldn't need privacy because we have nothing to hide. People like you are an embarrassment to this country. As Franklin said "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" I believe that can be used in this instance. I would love for someone to accuse you of something and see your life and job ruined with ZERO proof so you can see how it feels. You are sad pathetic disgrace

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I guess due process is truly dead and the era of American kangaroo courts is here. Evidence is no longer a requisite to destroy someone. This is unbelievable. What the # good is it being an American if we're just going to toss out our legal and philosophical underpinnings for political expediency?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Has anyone seen the official "Scope of Investigation" letter for this 7 day FBI investigation yet?

The one that Rosenstein wrote for Mueller included the sentence.. "any matters that may arise directly from the investigation".

Every single U.S. citizen indictment stemmed from that one sentence.

Rosenstein's Letter: www.documentcloud.org...

edit on 9/28/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   

I siad that fenstein, or eshoo, or her lawyers leaked this.

I am confident saying that because only eshoo, her lawyers, or feinsetins office had the letter.

I theorized her lawyers leaked it. Its irrelevant as these were all democrats supposed to be helping her.

Looking back at the article at The Intercept, it doesn't appear that the letter itself leaked:

The letter took a circuitous route to Feinstein, the top-ranking Democrat on the Judiciary Committee. It purportedly describes an incident that was relayed to someone affiliated with Stanford University, who authored the letter* and sent it to Rep. Anna Eshoo, a Democrat who represents the area.

In fact, that initial reporting is wrong. Notice how it says, "related to someone affiliated with Stanford University?"

It does matter who leaked it though. Hear me out. Ford first called the WaPo tip line in early July. At about the same time, she contacted her congresswoman, Eshoo. At that time, Kavanaugh hadn't been named as the nominee, he was one of short list of like three names. Her story is that seeing him as a potential nominee, she was compelled to sound some sort of alarm. She refused to go on the record with WaPo though and apparently didn't want the allegation kicked up to the Judiciary Committee either.

Think about that. If the goal was to torpedo Kavanaugh with a false allegation, the earlier the better. Even the whiff of sexual misconduct would quite possibly have been enough for Trump to select another nominee. Didn't Trump even say as much? FTR, I was expecting Hardiman myself considering that he was the other name on the short list with Gorsuch and he's a friend of Trump's sister, with whom he served on the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals.

It's one of the less sketchy circumstances imaginable. She spoke out before he was the nominee and she doesn't appear to have wanted anything, particularly 15 minutes of fame. It comes off that she was concerned enough that she was basically saying, "Hey this happened to me and you should look into this guy," and she was doing it early on, but didn't want to upend her life. It's at least plausible.

Somewhere here she got hooked up with Katz and then the letter went to Feinstein in late July. Not sure which happened first. Now with Kavanaugh the nominee, Ford still didn't want to go on the record with WaPo and according to everyone, she got Feinstein to agree to keep her allegation confidential. In fact, according to everyone including WaPo, as of late August she had not changed her mind.

Now if all this outrage is premised on a belief that the Democrats sat on this for the purpose of timing its introduction to delay the vote (people should realize they'd have to delay it until JANUARY and that's extraordinarily unlikely), then it's important to keep in mind that the person actually doing this would be Feinstein, ranking member of the Judiciary Committee.

If neither she nor her staff were behind leaking the existence of the letter/allegation to The Intercept, and you're freaking out because you believe this was all setup to delay the nomination, then you're freaking out about something that didn't actually happen.

On the other hand, if Feinstein leaked/directed a leak to pressure Ford to go public, then you're right to be outraged. I still doesn't mean that Ford is lying but it would knock the legs out from under Feinstein's explanation.

To try to say this is like the russia interference is laughable.

Facebook trolls are tantamount to removing the idea of inocent until proven guilty is laughable.

I didn't say that this situation was similar to Russian interference. I was saying that when it suits right-wingers, everything is unprecedented. Everything is unimaginably beyond the pale, the crime of the century and the scandal to end all scandals.

But when it comes to Russian interference in the election, you can't be dismissive enough of the significance. Even just now it's "Facebook trolls." And your peers? Yikes. How many of these virtue signaling "innocent until proven guilty!" hypocrites were all up in PizzaGate? How many people were accused of being part of an elite child sex trafficking network by some of those same clowns crying all the fake af tears about Kavanaugh? And how did that get started again? Oh, that's right, people reading into stolen emails what they wanted to believe. Emails stolen by the same people who stole the DNC and DCCC emails and documents. You know, the Russians.

I have my credibility always arguing innocent until guilty, even with people I dont like like franken, ellison, and bill clinotn.

If you are willing to throw your intergity away in the name of politics, so be it.

What are you talking about? I have never said that Kavanaugh was guilty of the accusation. In fact, I just said that I could not and would not say that. Literally just said that, see?

As for evidence against Kavanaugh — I've seen no evidence in support of the allegation against Kavanaugh. If this was a criminal case and I was a juror, I would not be able to vote to convict Kavanaugh. There's just not enough there to decide either way and in a court of law, it's innocent until proven guilty.

Nor would I say that Kavanaugh is guilty of having done what was alleged. I have no idea. Her story had weaknesses but she seemed sincere. He was compelling in his denial but then I felt like he was bull#ting and trying way too hard to downplay his partying in high school/college.

So how is what you just said responsive to me?

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   

In your opinion, why didn't Diane Feinstein say anthing about this letter/allegation when she interviewed Kavanaugh in her office for an hour on August 20th?

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   

My own view is that Dr Ford was never sought out by Democrats, and that Feinstein did not leak the letter or the name.
I do, however, believe that Democrats played the situation, appointing the lawyer, organising and paying for the polygraph and planning the delays to the hearing to buy more time in order to proactively try to find other women that could lend weight to the initial accusation. I think they persuaded the second victim and perhaps even coerced her into 'remembering' it was Kavanaugh.
Avenetti then just jumped on the bandwagon because he was losing the spotlight.

I suspect the Democrats will now be working hard on tracking down all Kavanaugh's classmates and any woman he knew at the time to try and get them to say anything bad about him. That is what the extra week is for.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell announced Friday evening that the most recent accusers have had their accusations investigated. There's no there there.

SOURCE: twitter.com...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join