It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats win! Precedent set to unleash decades old allegations with no proof

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Those who have nothing to hide welcome such things. a reply to: Grambler

Says someone with obviously no concept of the protections afforded US citizens via the US Constitution.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Disturbing, isn't it?

We have come to expect this from the statists in office, but even more disturbing are the members of the public that continue to gobble it up.

I feel this goes far beyond kavanaugh. Which.. has very concerning implications.

The first is as a test bed to see just how openly this sort of thing can be done without massive attrition.

The second is to condition those who continue to follow the statism to accept more and more extreme measures, and support them. Similar to the first, but part of a long term plan rather than a single event.

The third is that I suspect kavanaugh is the "tip of the iceberg" in some much larger conflict. I don't think its about him personally, or even losing a seat to an (R). Im convinced this would have been done to whomever the nominee was, unless they were "acceptable," and perhaps with ford in the plan regardless. But, what exactly it is, I'm not sure. I think it may be important, but.. who knows.

The conversion of left-thinking folks to full blown media-driven statism is clearly going quite well though. Not nearly enough called out the sh!tshow yesterday, in my opinion, so whether kavanaugh is confirmed or not.. this operation could likely be considered a massive success. Again, if true, more disturbing than even the clusterf&*% appears on the surface.

My pet conspiracy is that this is all driven by our state of technology, and ensuring that generally forward minded folks are not looking forward, but at whatever is served to them. Might as well work in some statist programming to seal the deal. A new era for humanity, just like those in the past but with much, much more invasive conditioning.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

Schumer’s advocation of the Fairness Doctrine in 2008 kept you from exercising free speech by making you not call into talk radio shows for fear that sharing your opinion was somehow a criminal act. It has limited your voice to be heard. Devalued your self worth. And kept you from receiving promotions from lack of confidence. And from creating your own business for fear it was promoting your ideas via sales of a product or service. And has most definitely kept you from trying to have a relationship with a formal model. Estimated individual loss is projected to be $15 billion.
edit on 28-9-2018 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Says someone who obviously doesn’t understand how the government works. I’ll take the opinion of the Aba over some random rwnj on the internet. Again someone with nothing to hide doesn’t mind sunlight being shed on their past.
www.cbsnews.com...

a reply to: Lab4Us

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Yet the FBI has stated this is not something they would investigate...wow and some people wonder about the revolt against rinos.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Explain to me how you would prove her allegation was true, if you had all the time and resources you need at your disposal?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Those who have nothing to hide welcome such things. a reply to: Grambler

Then Bill Clinton should welcome the FBI investigating his decades old actions of sexual assault.

Proof isn't required.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The precedent has been set.

The democrats will do gthis again, it works. The republicans will join in to.

I'm puzzled that so many right-wingers are earnestly proclaiming that something unprecedented has happened or that Republicans will "join in" as though allegations of sexual misconduct against political figures are new or that Republicans are strangers to politicizing allegations of sexual misconduct.

Actually I'm not that puzzled as it's the narrative du jour. "OMG! The DEMOCRATS have really crossed the line THIS TIME!"

It's one thing to not believe Ford's allegation or to claim that Democrats are using her for political purposes. But this manufactured outrage, based on a demonstrably false pretext which ignores even recent history, is simply ridiculous posturing.

For instance, were any of you moved to go all Chicken Little in thread after thread when Trump supporting media personality, Leann Tweeden, came out of the woodwork with an allegation against Al Franken? Were you authoring threads about how she had been in contact with Roger Stone for weeks before making her public announcement? Spend a lot of time looking for things to smear her with? To question her credibility with?

Where were your big fat salty tears and cries of woe about the destruction of Al Franken's career and his reputation? He's got a wife. He's got kids. He denied the allegations. The only proof of the allegation she had was her word.

Give me a break. This is selective outrage at its worst.
edit on 2018-9-28 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I swear that if the Republicans let this happen and the Dems/Soros paid off someone in the DOJ to make this go their way, I will vote Independent from now on.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
7 days or 7 business days?

Yes it matters.

link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

Just wait until the appears on the View and Kimmel on her book release

link   
Watching yesterday and today, I realized Fords focus on mark judge seems to be obvious. He wrote a book! How easy to now say she ran into him working at Safeway a few weeks later! She didn't share this earlier, only after her attorney's went through that book or she did and tried to tie it in ...solely hoping to get a delay.

Ford is safe. She will in the end easily declare and produce therapy notes to show she is mentally unstable and not liable for misidentifying Kavanaugh. So no, not necessarily a hero for women as has been claimed!

I don't believe Kavanaugh regarding his drinking in high school or college either. Even so, I can understand where he was cornered in a witch hunt and anything he said would condemn him anyways. I do believe he did not assault any girls in his life as portrayed.

I can only hope the truth prevails!

link   
a reply to: Grambler

will they say next?
This guy isnt worth the trouble.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Yet the FBI has stated this is not something they would investigate...wow and some people wonder about the revolt against rinos.

President Trump just gave the order for the FBI to start the investigation. Game on. Clock is ticking. Democrats have seven days to come up with something really bad.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I'm puzzled that so many right-wingers are earnestly proclaiming that something unprecedented has happened or that Republicans will "join in" as though allegations of sexual misconduct against political figures are new or that Republicans are strangers to politicizing allegations of sexual misconduct.

Because it's neither the FBI or congress's job.

What BK and Ford did as teenagers is a local matter that should have been conducted three decades ago by local leo.

The first people Ford went to was a politician,and the media.

There is NOTHING to effing investigate especially when BK has been sitting on a GD federal bench for the last 15 years.

Stop pushing BULL SNIP.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
7 days or 7 business days?

Yes it matters.

I'd expect the US government to work weekends based upon the emphasis placed on the issue coupled with all the taxpayers watching, most of whom are pissed for one reason or another. Taking a couple of days off wouldn't go down well. It'd be like postponing a war because its Saturday and party time.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Oh where was I?

Defending al franken!

I thought it was terrible.

But no where even remotely near what we see here.

At least there were pictures of franken. At least we know he was in the area of the people he was accused of.

At least the democrats got to replace franken and there was no political benefit to the republicans.

At least franken alleged victim wasnt outed against her will. At least he wasnt implied to be a gang rapists with no evidence whatsoever.

Franken admitted being guilty of inappropriate behavior. I thought that was not enough to get him dismissed.

however, the metoo movement disagrees.

But at least there was proof and an admission of his misdeeds

For god sakes the media is now in the business of promoting totally anonymous letters as legitimate accusers; all for political reasons.

You know this has never been a circus like this. You know there is no evidence against kavanaugh at all.

You know that an alleged victim was used and not cared for at all by the dems.

But no big deal to you.

At least I called out when franken was railroaded.

You dont even have the integrity to speak up about this farce.

edit on 28-9-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Easy peasy. They ask each other what is the worst thing they have done. Decide which is the worst story. Find a volunteer actor. And train them in every last detail as though they did the act themselves. Pretty standard fair.

The interrogation scene of Chunk in The Goonies was pretty spot on.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Do you want what Trump has for next?

Wouldn’t bother me one bit.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

"Somebody betrayed her [Dr. Ford's ] trust, and if you don't know why, you shouldn't be driving."

Senator Graham has been a real stand-out in the last 24hrs - epic stuff.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join