It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kavanaugh's Calendars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This is about a specific part of Kavanaugh's opening statement yesterday:

Fourth, I have submitted to this committee detailed calendars recording my activities in the summer of 1982. Why did I keep calendars? My dad started keeping detailed calendars of his life in 1978. He did so as both a calendar and a diary. He was a very organized guy, to put it mildly. Christmas time, we'd sit around and he regales us with old stories, old milestones, old weddings, old events from his calendars.

Transcript of Opening Statement

I brought this up in the thread that was running yesterday during the hearing but, it was dismissed and quickly buried in the pile.

This quote above strikes me as odd. His dad began keeping calendars in 1978. Dad would have been 37 years old. Fine. Then Brett says, around x-mas time, they'd sit around and dad would regale them with old stories, old milestones, etc. FROM HIS CALENDARS. The calendars that he started in 1978. The guy was married in 1963. Couldn't be too many old stories in those calendars from 1978 to 1980 when Brett was inspired to start his own.

Any ideas?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Admitted

Is a story from 2 years ago not considered old?

ETA: Reading the quote over again, I don't think he meant his father only told stories within those 2 years like you're trying to imply. Seems to me he was putting into context what the calendar meant to his father.

edit on 28-9-2018 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Is a story from 2 years ago not considered old?

"Old milestones", from 2 years ago. "Old weddings", from 2 years ago. "Old stories", from 2 years ago....no, no it doesn't. I'm trying to reconcile these things here, help me out.

*to your edit:

ETA: Reading the quote over again, I don't think he meant his father only told stories within those 2 years like you're trying to imply. Seems to me he was putting into context what the calendar meant to his father.

But he stated the stories were from his calendars.
edit on 9/28/2018 by Admitted because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I call it the FaceBook "memories" section of his time.

My wife and I will sit with our kids 10 & 7 and look back thru the memories section. I mean it's only like a 30 minute tops conversation but it's fun to look back.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

If I told you about the raise I got 2 years ago, is that considered an old milestone?

You're reaching.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

If I told you about the raise I got 2 years ago, is that considered an old milestone?

You're reaching.

You're reaching thinking I would consider a raise a milestone.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
I call it the FaceBook "memories" section of his time.

My wife and I will sit with our kids 10 & 7 and look back thru the memories section. I mean it's only like a 30 minute tops conversation but it's fun to look back.

I get that. No issues with a calendar/diary, I think it's cool. It's the timing that doesn't work out.

link   

So you mean after Kavanaugh started his own calendar, his father stopped telling stories at Christmas time?

link   
There would be lots of stories from 1978 until 2018 and plenty of Christmas observances that those memories could have been discussed.

He described his Fathers calendars as daily dairies. These would have covered lots of details from the time his son was 12 or 13 until his granddaughters were born.

His Father was an attorney as his Mother. His Mother was also a Judge. Calendars are an extremely important part of a Judges life since they must schedule clients, trials, etc, and account for much of their professional and personal life.

Not too big a stretch to see his parents encourage him to keep a calendar or even Brett to want to emulate his parents. I think it was Kavanaugh who started keeping calendars in 1978, his Father probably kept one before 1978

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

So you mean after Kavanaugh started his own calendar, his father stopped telling stories at Christmas time?

Nope. Kavanaugh stated that these stories were what inspired him to make his own calendars - in 1980. That's 2 years worth of stories Kavanaugh would have been present for anyway.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
There would be lots of stories from 1978 until 2018 and plenty of Christmas observances that those memories could have been discussed.

He described his Fathers calendars as daily dairies. These would have covered lots of details from the time his son was 12 or 13 until his granddaughters were born.

His Father was an attorney as his Mother. His Mother was also a Judge. Calendars are an extremely important part of a Judges life since they must schedule clients, trials, etc, and account for much of their professional and personal life.

Not too big a stretch to see his parents encourage him to keep a calendar or even Brett to want to emulate his parents. I think it was Kavanaugh who started keeping calendars in 1978, his Father probably kept one before 1978

Please read quote. Dad started in 1978. Brett in 1980.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted

Nope. Kavanaugh stated that these stories were what inspired him to make his own calendars - in 1980. That's 2 years worth of stories Kavanaugh would have been present for anyway.

Why couldn't he have been inspired early and his father still continue telling him stories?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Why couldn't he have been inspired early and his father still continue telling him stories?

He can! I imagine he was! That's not the point.

He was explaining WHY he started making these calendars. He states he began his, in 1980, because of listening to his father's old stories from his (his fathers') calendars...which his father started, Brett states, in 1978.

LOL.

I'm fine with him being inspired and all. It's not about that. It's the why Brett started, his explanation and timing don't match.

link   

I know what he said. Perhaps you should read my entire post. His Father may have started a detailed calander of his sons life, and in 1980 he kept his own calander. His Father most likely kept a diary and calendar before. I know people whose Mothers were scrap book kings from their births to weddings and presented to them and the scrap books continue, and I mean every detail just like somebody mentioned FB, this was before FB

Still lots of time between 1978 and 2018. He didn't sat when they shared the calendars at Christmas. Could have started after he was married, after the grandkids, or last year.

Think you are reaching for a gotcha moment and it's not there. The man is no saint, who is, I just don't believe he attempted to rape Dr Ford, and I certainly don't believe he was on a rape gang
edit on 9/28/2018 by DJMSN because: Addition

link   

This is about a specific part of Kavanaugh's opening statement yesterday:

Fourth, I have submitted to this committee detailed calendars recording my activities in the summer of 1982. Why did I keep calendars? My dad started keeping detailed calendars of his life in 1978. He did so as both a calendar and a diary. He was a very organized guy, to put it mildly. Christmas time, we'd sit around and he regales us with old stories, old milestones, old weddings, old events from his calendars.

Transcript of Opening Statement

I brought this up in the thread that was running yesterday during the hearing but, it was dismissed and quickly buried in the pile.

This quote above strikes me as odd. His dad began keeping calendars in 1978. Dad would have been 37 years old. Fine. Then Brett says, around x-mas time, they'd sit around and dad would regale them with old stories, old milestones, etc. FROM HIS CALENDARS. The calendars that he started in 1978. The guy was married in 1963. Couldn't be too many old stories in those calendars from 1978 to 1980 when Brett was inspired to start his own.

Any ideas?

He was 15 when his dad would reminisce. When I was 15, stories from when I was 13 would have seemed old to me. I'm 39 now and time flies so fast that I still remember things I did when I was 34 as if they were yesterday. But also, he never said his dad regaled them with 2 year old stories from the calendars. He just said he started keeping tabs on daily events in 1978 and it inspired Kav to do the same. I tried a journal when my second son was 2 (2007) and it didn't last long. I looked at it a couple years later and wished I'd kept going. I'd forgotten about the days I'd written in it. I'd recorded the composite score of my store each day, who worked, who called in and why, and how my day went. It's actually very cool, and even looking back after one year can jolt your memory into what happened that day. Matter of fact, I think I might start one up again.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Both parents in law, they both may have suggested the idea for his own sake. When the allegation comes that you are following, harrassing, assaulted someone, having a log and being able to say, "When did this allegedly happen? Oh, I can tell you exactly where I was the evening of Sept seventh. Let's check my log" is pretty valuable. It won't be "proof" of innocence, but the more accurate your log, and the better chance of recalling people you were with or public places you can verify your presence at with a receipt or security footage, etc. It's a hell of a lot better than facing an allegation with, "Gee, that was a month ago, officer. How the hell would I remember where was that night or who I was with?" His parents have probably both seen it all. I doubt they foresaw a thirty-plus year old harassment claim, though.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

He said old events from his calendars. Why would he have old weddings from a 2 year old calendar?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I mean it has to start at some point. I'm not sure I get what you are looking for with the timing. Does it matter? I am almost 40 years old but I picked up a woodworking hobby last month. I literally was home with the kids on an off day from school and said I'm going to go buy some wood tools and build something. First time ever lol. People pick things up at random all the time.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

He can! I imagine he was! That's not the point.

He was explaining WHY he started making these calendars. He states he began his, in 1980, because of listening to his father's old stories from his (his fathers') calendars...which his father started, Brett states, in 1978.

LOL.

I'm fine with him being inspired and all. It's not about that. It's the why Brett started, his explanation and timing don't match.

He said old events from his calendars.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Maybe his father had only kept a diary up to that point, then he also started keeping detailed calendars? The stories were from the diary? Remember, he is just giving a reason for you to believe he would even record and keep that time in his life.

He may not have explained it the best, but if you think about the importance of that particular situation, it doesnt seem noteworthy. As in, its not about entering the evidence, but having to explain the reason this evidence might exist.
edit on 9/28/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/28/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join