It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fords lawyers, recommended by feinstein, are harming her and have the DNC interests above hers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Just a response to the anti-choice comment that made no sense.

I just can't wrap my head around the mindset.

Women have miscarrages daily. Their body decides it's a no go, but it should be illegal for their minds to be able to assess the ability to provide care in real life?

Makes zero sense to me.

This imo is a major fight for power to influence policy, I don't think the hot button division topics play a role in it.

And yes, it does feel like the gd siberian tundra here today. Cold n wet. WTcrap

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Jesus, where did that come from?

Are you anti-period too?

Women should lose the right to have their period, it coulda been a baby.

Never the less, the facts remain.
According to WHO, every year in the world there are an estimated 40-50 million abortions. This corresponds to approximately 125,000 abortions per day. In the USA, where nearly half of pregnancies are unintended and four in 10 of these are terminated by abortion, there are over 3,000 abortions per day.

I am not attacking your choice. regardless the reason.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

DNC Interests.....The bottom line is.... the dems are afraid that Kavanaugh will take away their right to murder unborn babies. That abortion will be knocked down, that Roe verses Wade will be thrown under the bus.

The Republicans would never let that happen. They would risk losing the support of the many moderate Republicans that are pro-choice. Furthermore they would risk losing all of those single issue voters that only support the Republicans because of their stance on abortion.

If the Supreme Court knocks down Roe v. Wade then it's going to spell trouble for the Republicans for a long time. They're better off paying lip service to the pro-life crowd while never actually intending to outlaw abortions.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I totally 100% agree that Ford's attorneys are exploiting and extorting Ford for their own agenda... But I'm not so sure about DiFi being on the same team.

In more inclined to think it was a member of DiFi's staff without DiFi's knowledge or consent. Mostly because of DiFi's subsequent statement that she couldn't guarantee the truth of Ford's claims. And Ford's statement yesterday that she only spoke to DiFi once for a few minutes. Did DiFi ask her to go public? Did Ford's attorneys have any conversations with DiFi? Did DiFi personally recommend the attorneys? Was it a member of DiFi's staff? Did Ford ask for a recommendation? Or did DiFi and/or staff suggest it to Ford?

Also, isn't it curious that Ford sent her letter to DiFi when she just happened to be in the DC area and available for a personal meeting? And why didn't/wouldn't DiFi meet with her? And what should DiFi have done in such a situation? What is the proper procedure in accordance with Senate rules?

So many questions not one Senator cared to ask...

I'd like an investigation into how these accusations were handled.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
You are likely right, but in a TRUMP world, we have seen the impossible happen as just routine.a reply to: Xcalibur254

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Roe v Wade is a ruse to wind up the Left. The real issue is that Trump may have another pick after Kav when someone realizes Ginsburg is actually dead. This will ensure that there will be NO left-leaning US of A for at least 50 years. That has gotta be a hard pill to swallow for Regressives.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I wanted to share my fear of flying.

I flew all over the world as a child, and loved it.
When I was 19 I flew from Europe to New York on the worst flight of my life.
There was a big storm and the worst turbulence i've ever experienced.
I thought I was going to die on that plane. I wasn't alone, everyone yelled and clapped when we finally landed safely.

After that flight, I developed an irrational paralyzing fear of flying. I had to fly but did so with absolute dread every time.
I did fly and go on vacations, but I would have to drink to calm myself. I would avoid flying if at all possible.
There were times I did fly because I couldn't keep my family members from trips and vacations and sometimes I had to do it for work, but it was excruciating every time. If possible I would make excuses and always, always look for other options. If you do not have that flying phobia it is very hard to explain.

Thankfully many years later I sought help and now I can fly without fear.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I only know the proper procedure...the rest are very good questions.

When Feinstein received the letter she should have shared her knowledge of the allegations with the entire committee. She could do so without compromising Fords anonymity. From there, the committee would forward it to the FBI....the FBI would gather relevant statements and facts, forward that to the WH and then back to the committee for final judgments.

DiFi, for whatever reason, didn't share it with the committee asap. She says it was to honor Ford's request of anonymity...but all she would have had to do was bring up the allegations without mentioning a name.

A2D
edit on 28-9-2018 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Roe V Wade is to the left what gun control is to the right, its not going anywhere its about as close to settled law as it can get.

It would take a frothing at the mouth right wing religious zealot to try and over turn it and those don't make the Supreme court. (Kavenaugh isn't one)
Or it would take an iron clad medical reason to overturn it, both of which are not going to come along anytime soon.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Her lawyer was all about Soros, in fact didn't anyone notice the man servent she had. He may be a "Bodygaurd", but he clearly did not act like a bodyguard.

Soros is going after Trump in anyway he can due to that EO that was signed. Everyone involved in these allegations have strong connections to him as well. Hay I could be wrong here, if so by all means point it out (with evidence if that matters anymore)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

DiFi, for whatever reason, didn't share it with the committee asap. She says it was to honor Ford's request of anonymity...but all she would have had to do was bring up the allegations without mentioning a name. 

Thank you for skooling me on proper procedure -- It's very much appreciated.

But wth? That's pretty much exactly what Ford purportedly wanted: for DiFi to share the accusations without revealing her identity. But DiFi acts like she couldn't do so, and therefore did nothing. Why??? (that's rhetorical of course.)

And why didn't Ford's attorneys submit her accusations anonymously to the Senate? Or the FBI? Or to the media? Or to Kamela Harris, the other Cali senator?

I don't understand this narrative that it's all about DiFi. There were other ways to skin this cat.

I wonder if the FBI will investigate any of this in the process of investigating the accusations? I sure hope so.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

It's a pretty tangled web. I think both sides are guilty of behaving in partisan manners unfit for members of Congress...but I'm a peon and don't matter so....

Whichever way this plays out I really don't care. I'm mostly upset at the grave injustice we've done to both parties involved. It should never have happened like this......

A2D

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

I agree -- on all counts.

This has been an absolute travesty and it's shameful. Both sides have played on emotions and opinions and taking sides. They all know better. Its despicable.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Exception noted.
As a military man, you should be familiar with what an upside down flag means.
This forum is title US Political Madness.
The country is in distress - displaying an upside down flag seems MOST appropriate.
Are you from the USA? (asking because you mentioned offence instead of offense)

ganjoa

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join