It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Weimaraner female I talked into moving in with Us.. Birdie Mae

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Hello-

As some of You know, I've retired from society and now spend My time at the dog park. In August, I took My female 'Molly' (Shorty) for 'the ride'. I e-mailed the Lady at the Central Fl. Weimaraner Rescue because I adopted Molly, "Marley" to the Rescue but I changed Her name and Molly was close enough to turn Her head, and what a beautiful head She had. She was the one who never left My side and would lick bites and scratches and they would heal in a day or 2; She even ate Her own doody ever so often...

The Lady at The Rescue was also really touched by Molly. The day I adopted Molly I also adopted "Jasmine" 'Mama' She was due to be 'taken for the ride' because She was 13 at that time and the Lady was crying so I took Mama home too. Mama lived another close to 9 months and She taught Me the most and that is typing something because I've got a hermaphroditic AffenPinscher. Anyways, I told the Lady once My anahata chakra was back to 'normal' I'd look into getting another female..

Well, We went and picked up "Birdie Mae" She came to us as "Bella" but there is already a Bella at the dog park and whenever that Bella sees MagWai, She comes running and won't leave His/Her side. Birdie is 5 months old and was surrendered by a younger guy who just enlisted. This one is extremely SHARP. She is My 7th Weimaraner and they've all been sharp and I give them instructions in German and She 'just about' has it down already. If a TURD comes to Your house how will they talk to the dog? Probably in English, hence the Deutsch, especially being German dogs..

First walk was yesterday morning, She was on male Evven #7's heel and She only tried to trip Me thrice. This morning, I took Her to the dog park and She wasn't fearful and She allowed all the dogs to get a whiff. I called Her 2x in German and She ran over and sat right at My feet. En route to the DP She looked out the window and needed some coaxing to jump out once We had arrived. I'll try and get pics of Our 'commute' VW GTI full of German dogs is quite humorous.

I added some pics but if I typed I was a 'computer neophyte' I'd be boasting. They are in My profile. Hopefully I'll get the bass boat in the water and get Her 'boat trained' this weekend. The fishing has sucked due to heat/pollution...
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Bless you!

The Lady at The Rescue was also really touched by Molly. The day I adopted Molly I also adopted "Jasmine" 'Mama' She was due to be 'taken for the ride' because She was 13 at that time and the Lady was crying so I took Mama home too. Mama lived another close to 9 months and She taught Me the most and that is typing something because I've got a hermaphroditic AffenPinscher. Anyways, I told the Lady once My anahata chakra was back to 'normal' I'd look into getting another female..Β 

Take them all if I could. I know how you feel about Weims and vice versa. πŸ€—πŸ‘

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I'm on #7 and never had a dud.. I also figured out why their tails are best docked, if not You're picking up stuff that the tail had knocked down due to wagging...
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I've rescued other dogs..( Gus my first Weim was at the shelter ) but Murphy and Ben are the 4th and 5th Weims. Very smart, inquisitive, talkative.....

WEIM MINDSπŸ˜†

Folks need to know what they're getting. Place to run and sometimes you need to give them a task, or they will make their own task. πŸ™„

Weim tails are strong.. but humanely I've seen them whip their tails into a broken bloody mess, best if docked.
edit on 28-9-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I'm hoping the common Weimaraner grows a thumb so I can start voting for them... Oh and pick One up if I espy one hitchhiking

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
just came across this thread and wanted to say hello form a fellow Weimaraner owner from across the pond.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
One of the few dog breeds I actually do like. My late grandmother had a couple of "Ghosts" over the years, very gentle & patient dogs they are.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Bit of a dumpster dive, but I didn't even know that this side of the forum existed.

Greetings from a fellow Weim owner from Down Under.
edit on 19-5-2019 by AussieNutter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I love all Weimaraner's but especially with a tint of blue in their coat, they look so regal!

new topics

top topics

join