It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle woman publicly accuses Washington Sen. Joe Fain of rape

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The left's new tactic. Since we can't get the votes, even when we rig elections, we'll simply trump up allegations against them to get them out of office.

This tactic is just ridiculous.

As is sitting for years on such claims. I get it, I know women who did the same, but we really need to ensure women report actual attacks IMMEDIATELY to get action on them. When they wait, they are simply allowing actual attackers to continue doing the same to more and more women.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

You're saying she's not?

What part of investigation, are you having such issues with??

Innocent 'til proven guilty is still a thing, isn't it?

Evidence? Police report? Anything? That's why they investigate.
edit on 9/28/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Jefferton
I may be wrong, but Twitter really doesn't seem like the right place to take serious allegations.

This new world confuses me.

It is a mental disorder. These people want / need to be validated by likes and retweets. Social media use is a form of narcissism.

you're saying shes lying?

I'll play... I'm saying she'd a damn idiot for making criminal accusations on Twitter rather than at the police station like actual victims of crimes do.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I may be wrong, but Twitter really doesn't seem like the right place to take serious allegations.

It is a mental disorder. These people want / need to be validated by likes and retweets. Social media use is a form of narcissism.

I'll play... I'm saying she'd a damn idiot for making criminal accusations on Twitter rather than at the police station like actual victims of crimes do.

Especially in Washington State where they just got hammered for not processing Rape kits by the local media, so the State Police is very quick to response to any allegations of rape by local politicians. In fact I'm pretty sure that the Local Media will be all over this, and they don't shy away too well from politicians (as can be seen in the fore mentioned Mayor Murry case)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

This is what confuses me as well. Everyone I know who has ever been sexually assaulted or raped, if they didn't report it right away they either did by going to the local authorities and/or simply seeked personal counseling where they often would be properly advised to file a report with the local authorities. Even if their case had pass the limitations their claim will still be filed and recoverable. The reasoning is that their claim may be helpful if the predator continued and another claimant files within a prosecutorial time frame.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Less evidence (as we've seen with Ford and Kavanaugh, no evidence, really) is required to try a case in the court of public opinion. This is why these allegations get made on social media, to the Press, or conveniently appear right when certain moneyed political movements need them most.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Well here goes .. Maxine Waters grabbed my junk. I don't remember when or where exactly but I'm 100% positive it was her. I also have 4 witnesses that will testify that they were never there and haven't a clue why I mentioned them at all. Who wants to help me in removing her from office or at least start a go-fund me for my pain and suffering?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros
Well here goes .. Maxine Waters grabbed my junk. I don't remember when or where exactly but I'm 100% positive it was her. I also have 4 witnesses that will testify that they were never there and haven't a clue why I mentioned them at all. Who wants to help me in removing her from office or at least start a go-fund me for my pain and suffering?

You better be careful tossing that one around, she might find out about it at take care of you "Clinton Style" just because it might be true.

It would be like me saying that I have photo's of Schiff and friend spanking it while Obama puffed a doobie. It may have happened, but I don't really have pictures of it (look it up, and you'll see why it could be real)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
ONLY REPUBLICANS LOL

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Really? I would not think so either but it is now the platform of the President of the United States... un fin believable...but true

(post by tinner07 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

edit on 28-9-2018 by Anathros because: Removed and taking the high road.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

You would, actually, be quite correct in that assumption.

But apparently that's the thing to do now. Get the mob all fired up with their torches and pitchforks. After all, it worked in DC this week, why shouldn't it here in the Apple state?

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

The less feelings that get hurt in such personal cases the better.

The law should be based on curt finality and excecution of protocols and force of emotional expression should literally have no value, sadly as it is to those needing an outlet. But of course, there are plenty other outlets and such so not too bad then.... I guess?

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I truly believe this is correct.

Another person with unsubstantiated beliefs.

If you were mentally unable to do something after being traumatized and you have retreated to a 'safe place', mentally and physically, you don't necessarily rebound into being 'exposed'. Since the stats say that 80% are NOT reported does this comfort you?

I would prefer that action is taken immediately but I'M NOT THE ONE THAT WAS RAPED. It appears to me that when we attempt to impose ourselves on others, in any circumstance, we are liable for that action.

Since YOU want to impose yourself upon THEM, what liability are you willing to absorb?

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
Here we go...Look it's really starting to get muddy here. As an American citizen everyone must be innocent until proven guilty. I'm not necessarily going against what she or Ford are saying but god damn it speak up when it happens. We can't do # years down the road. I also understand that they are afraid, embarrassed, often frowned upon. I hope this movement will at least get women to speak out now instead of later.

So, you are going to spill the beans on Twitter. That makes me suspicious. How can anyone expect justice many years later with no evidence? That is just the way our justice system works. If you want justice it needs to be done when there is ability to provide proof. Do these supposedly intelligent women see the bigger picture this kind of finger pointing in a public arena can make. I could get on Twitter today and accuse any man or coworker I have had interactions with if we are going to jump on the band wagon of anyone that points a finger. Also, it is not just the accused that will suffer, what about the family? I am in no way making light of rape, but it has to be substantiated before someone makes accusations on a social media platform.

Does it only become something that they are willing to accuse for if they rise to a certain level of social prominence? This is really defying logic, reason and common sense. It seems like people are acting out of emotions rather than thinking these accusations through.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Especially in Washington State where they just got hammered for not processing Rape kits...

And you wonder why rape victims don't go to the police?

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: largo
It appears to me that when we attempt to impose ourselves on others, in any circumstance, we are liable for that action.

Since YOU want to impose yourself upon THEM, what liability are you willing to absorb?

Seems the same could be asked about women who make false charges against a man, yes? It's the same as rape, only much more public and destructive to their status in the community.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros

*Edited for those sending me PM's, this never happened and was meant as a tongue in cheek post. Please find a sense of humor.*

top topics

<< 1   >>

join