It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US political arguments are much more angry and childlike compared to UK folk

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Is it, is it really.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Other than pointless expensive crap, I can't think of a think of a thing you guys make better?

1. Guns.

2. Freedom.

3. Not having small grocery stores.

4. My house isn't attached to someone else's.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

You guys have the right and the even more right. Americans are divided on the their origins, then you had the civil war North and South split, the east cost west cost rap thing (lol) and during all this you've had the political crap. I truly feel for you guys! !

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Other than pointless expensive crap, I can't think of a think of a thing you guys make better?

1. Guns.

2. Freedom.

3. Not having small grocery stores.

4. My house isn't attached to someone else's.

Well guns were invented elsewhere before America was even a thing, your believed Freedom also came from Europe, I miss our small grocery stores, malls or as we say shopping centres, big supermarkets and the internet are killing them and the house stuff just means you don't live in a city and are probably inbred (we've all seen Deliverance)!! The last comment is just a joke!!
edit on 28-9-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

It's more chalked up than it really is. The division is only in those who subscribe to it, or those who take the "news" at face value.

I've lived all around the country. Aside from small regional/cultural differences, there are enough similarities to make you feel at home in almost any part of the country, and enough differences to make it all unique.

The division is pushed and sold.

26%~ of the country is Republican and 27~ is Democrat and 44%~ are Independent.

That said, on a good day maybe 50-55%~ vote in a presidential election, and far less in state/local.

So if you put the numbers in context, there is very little divide in the two very similar parties.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I agree with you, I've been satirical this whole thread. I've tried to star every one of your posts, I had fun bantering haha.

I'm anti-war, anti-imperialism, and a staunch Independent, I just know how to talk like what most would perceive as a "typical American (stereotypical)"

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

a reply to: JimNasium

Eh, to his defense I think that the left and right are more homogenized in America than other countries. That said, I don't follow other countries politics too much, so please anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

The ONLY thing I KNOW about politics™ is it is a fricking scheme and arguing about which letter You have in front of Your name is asinine in My opinion. I also KNOW any TURD who thinks they should be a politician™ is a fricking CROOK... so I ask You:

Why the •snip• would I pay ANY heed to ANY politics™? Foreign or domestic? I linked some info re: the US Gov't. being able t use PROPAGANDA and it is LAWFUL. I then linked 2 broadcasts of what passes as "news" It is ALL SCRIPTED!!

But don't let Me stand in the way of an argument that will never solve... I think that smart guy, Alfred Epstein said that was the definition of "insanity"....

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I agree with you, I've been satirical this whole thread. I've tried to star every one of your posts, I had fun bantering haha.

I'm anti-war, anti-imperialism, and a staunch Independent, I just know how to talk like what most would perceive as a "typical American (stereotypical)"

Me too, and I'd happily have a pint of beer or two with you. I'd even buy you a bag of pork scratchings!

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Me too, and I'd happily have a pint of beer or two with you.

Any day of the week. If it's here we'd have to have a few bourbons too, if it's across the pond I'm hoping the scotch wouldn't break the bank haha, it sure does here.... But boy do I love me some good scotch.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
There's a lot less money involved in UK politics, so the debates tend to be about issues rather than influence.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

When #44 was in the Orifice all those w/a (R) dragged their feet for 8 years.

Here comes the FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE!!!

When is that coming? Seeing that #45 what happened to that???

Now here is the replies from those with a (R):

When Obummer was in office the libtards ruined everything, blah, blah, blah

And Herr Drumpf will drain the swamp!! Do You have any kids, or grandkids? See what Drumpf has done with the environment? See what He did there...

How about Drumpf boasting (AGAIN) that He gave millions to Democrats over the years...? That okay with You?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Parties are a good way to keep people from having opinions on each issue. Follow the script.

In America we have 330~ million people, how people find it acceptable two have two brands of almost the same ideology is beyond me.

It's almost as if individualism is a bad word now, God forbid we get to pick and choose as we wish on what we agree/disagree with.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Yeah, in my youth I'd love a couple of double southern comforts to finish off a good evening. I'm more of a rum drinker than a scotch drinker but I'd share a few bourbons or whiskies with my neighbour from across the pond.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Parties are a good way to keep people from having opinions on each issue. Follow the script.

In America we have 330~ million people, how people find it acceptable two have two brands of almost the same ideology is beyond me.

It's almost as if individualism is a bad word now, God forbid we get to pick and choose as we wish on what we agree/disagree with.

This should be how all politics and policies are viewed in my humble opinion.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Obama was what really woke me up as far as seeing politics for what they were.

He had just as an aggressive foreign policy as Bush, bolstered the patriot act, went after whistle blowers at an alarming rate, and even tapped journalists to get their sources.

The Right acted like he was super liberal, while the left applauded him as being super liberal.

Ironically the most liberal thing he did in my opinion was Obamacare, which forced people to consume private health insurance. It was the antithesis to both parties, for the right it took away free market, and for the left it forced people to buy a private product.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Democracy is dead until people decide they want it back. That is asking a lot of people though and I realize that. Aside from everyone being in the rat race to make ends meet, many have families too, so asking someone to stay up to date on the immense amount of issues our government(s) decide on daily is quite the addition to tasks we are all faced with.

Worse than that though is assuming people try, most probably look to the "news" to keep them up to date without realizing those outlets are all just part of a few conglomerates. Those conglomerates spend millions upon millions of dollars on lobbying and financing campaigns. Those aren't donations, they're investments.

Which would explain why Trump and Hillary got multiple times more coverage than Bernie did even though he was neck and neck with Hillary.

While I didn't agree with much of his platform (more so, I didn't think he truly had his plan dialed in to accomplish it), he like Ron Paul were one of the very few upstanding candidates in the last few decades who actually put all their focus into explaining their platform rather than trying to knock down their opponents.
edit on 28-9-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Reading the written transcript of that is hilarious!! Thanks for posting it. It gave me a good laugh, and I needed that after watching this morning's goings-on before the committee vote.

I watched all of those hearings. In that particular conversation Kavanaugh was having with Walter-Matthau-look-alike Whitehouse, you could tell Judge Kavanaugh was disgusted with Whitehouse's attempt to humiliate him and add some nefarious meaning to a 16-yr. old teenagers language about farts and quarters.

Senator Whitehouse was disgustingly rude and Kavanaugh had no choice but to bluntly explain an '82 teen's use of flatulence slang.

The raw written transcript just doesn't do the conversation justice! You had to be there....hehehehe.

edit on 28-9-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Funny, my take is every time I watch your MPs go at an issue it is usually raucous and at each other...

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Gleaned from ATS™ many moons ago. (as of yet, I don't know who the author is as they should be credited with this. So if You know the author please let Me know and I will add them to this.)

Worship equals War Ship.
It is disguised as "worship" but it is truly War Ship. Yes, get that initial giggle out and continue reading My words, as 'worshipping' is the biggest reason for wars.
Those men who build languages for MASSES to think in, are very versed in metaphysical natures.
When You pray to something that You do not know is truly there, You join the 'War Ship'. You worship something You don't know of and cannot see. You divide Yourself from Yourself and everyone around You.
Well in this language We call this "Blind Faith" Now when You have many factions worshipping, just different names that are man made, now there is 'division', the opposite of being WHOLE.
Now You've entered the 'War Ship' You clash with those who pray to the SAME CONCEPT under different names (Gods have no identity, just bogus names Man made up) This is inferior mentality.
Even though they are all human, all came from the SAME SOURCE, all are 5-based beings (think pentagram geometry)
One becomes concrete in what they worship, they judge and demonize those not praying to the same NAME.
Now You have war/division.
ISIS is defending it's concepts because the ONLY power those who join the War Ship have is physical chaos to those who oppose. Internally their people are weak and are not worthy to ascend to their internal potentials.
STOP worshipping and start accepting ALL, no matter the name they worship and if Your 'TRUTH' needs to be pushed then how TRUE is it really?
Truth needs no book, no doctrine, no dogma, no heirarchy. Truth stands on it's own, the rest is just pushing to compete with Truth and that is falsehood.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

This should be compulsory viewing for our American friends.

edit on 28-9-2018 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join