It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US political arguments are much more angry and childlike compared to UK folk

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Here we go, another American that only believes his tabloid media and not the truth.

That's simply not true. I'm very cultured and know that you all have to use the backs of spoons to butter toast.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Kurokage

oh boy
here we go
what does the uk know of truth?

Oh boy, here we go, an American that thinks he knows the truth, hahahaha!

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

That's simply not true. I'm very cultured and know that you all have to use the backs of spoons to butter toast.

Shhhhh, Who told you!!!
edit on 28-9-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

As boring as it is in England, what else was there to do?

Not much except give you guys a home and invent the industrial revolution to name just a few things.

Mass produced cars, computers, internet (renascence trumps revolution), airplanes, mobile phones (phones for that matter), electricity.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I found a handy chart
www.telegraph.co.uk... t.html

The table also reveals that when a person from Britain begins a sentence "with the greatest respect ...', they actually mean 'I think you are an idiot'.

this will help so that nothing gets lost in translation

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Shhhhh, Who told you!!!

Some dude on Xbox Live, he was British, so that's a fact.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Not much except give you guys a home and invent the industrial revolution to name just a few things.

Mass produced cars, computers, internet (renascence trumps revolution), airplanes, mobile phones (phones for that matter), electricity.

And half of that stuff was invented here, Americans just like to take the credit for it

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
It's the new AMERICAN WAY.

People cant even talk to each other with an open mind, especially when a lot of people get their information from the MSM . Once they hear it on TV its locked in stone and there is no changing their mind, even when deep down they know a lot of what they hear and see is not the way the real world is.
If you can not open your mind then you will never see the world the way it truly is.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

www.telegraph.co.uk...
this is a lie

Toothbrush: William Addis, c. 1770

no way
that is impossible

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

And half of that stuff was invented here, Americans just like to take the credit for it

Benefits of being the most awesomest country ever I suppose.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Yea everyone knows that the toothbrush was invented in West Virginia.

If it was invented anywhere else it would be called the teethbrush.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Just because we don't want to look like Jim Carey from "The Mask" doesn't mean we don't know how to brush you know!!

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

You guys like to take credit for and copy anything, Just like the Chinese, your new owners and masters!!

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

So what is it then? How come Brits can argue and debate with friendly banter thrown into the mix but US political discussion is mostly posted in the pit with venom and anger a plenty?
Do y'all just like being angry?

Well, England has been this organised and traditional nation for a long time now. America is more diverse in culture and nationalities so everyone is a bit hateful of each other.

The UK hasn't really changed that much and when it does, it's usually incremented in a way that goes unnoticed by people. If Brexit took effect immediately, you would expect to see people with pitchforks setting fire to everything but as we know it's happened already for what feels like a decade now, everyone's accepted it and no one cares that much now.

America on the other hand had to choose between a racist billionaire that Americans feel they could relate to, or a stereotypical president that is just Obama basically except a white female version of.

No one likes change.
Especially when they promised to change the country but # it up anyway.

link   

You guys like to take credit for and copy anything, Just like the Chinese, your new owners and masters!!

No, no, no, no.

You see, when the Chinese do it, they make inferior "replications".

We make everything better. It's a lot on our shoulders, but we bare it with pride.

link   

When arguing about a politician™ There is a far greater likelihood that You have more "in common" with the person You are arguing 'with', than that of the politician™ You're arguing 'about'...

Division is a built in mechanic of politics.

Worship = War Ship Get to worship anything to a point and then anyone w/anything differing becomes a 'foe'.

Ford vs Chevy

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Other than pointless expensive crap, I can't think of a think of a thing you guys make better?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Eh, to his defense I think that the left and right are more homogenized in America than other countries. That said, I don't follow other countries politics too much, so please anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Very true, us Brits and you Yanks all have much more in common than we sometimes like to admit.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Ever see a big family where people all got along?

we have always fought non-stop the difference now is as we have become less educated (yes less educated, lots of liberal arts degrees, precious few in comparison math, science, philosophy) we have moved the behind the scenes fighting to the center piece of our existence.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join