It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US political arguments are much more angry and childlike compared to UK folk

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

If Americans had real politicians like us Brits with our Right wing old Rich boys club members, our middle liberal democrats, who people forget exist and our ex-hippie Marxists left wingers they'ed have something to really argue over, and that's without the extreme left and right!!!

oh we have real politics eater of limes
www.washingtonpost.com...

WHITEHOUSE: … Judge, have you — I don’t know if it’s “boufed” or “boofed” — how do you pronounce that?
KAVANAUGH: That refers to flatulence. We were 16.
(LAUGHTER)
WHITEHOUSE: OK. And so when your friend Mark Judge said the same — put the same thing in his yearbook page back to you, he had the same meaning? It was flatulence?
KAVANAUGH: I don’t know what he did, but that’s my recollection. We want to talk about flatulence at age 16 on a yearbook page, I’m — I’m game.

WHITEHOUSE: Devil’s triangle?
KAVANAUGH: Drinking game.
WHITEHOUSE: How’s it played?
KAVANAUGH: Three glasses in a triangle.
WHITEHOUSE: And?
KAVANAUGH: You ever played quarters?
WHITEHOUSE: No (ph).
KAVANAUGH: OK. It’s a quarters game.

WHITEHOUSE: Did it relate to alcohol? You haven’t answered that.
KAVANAUGH: I like beer. I like beer. I don’t know if you do…
WHITEHOUSE: OK.
KAVANAUGH: … do you like beer, Senator, or not?
WHITEHOUSE: Um, next…
KAVANAUGH: What do you like to drink?
WHITEHOUSE: Next one is…
KAVANAUGH: Senator, what do you like to drink?

top that if you can!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: SKEPTEK

You guys don't have real balls, they are all odd shaped, real balls are round like they should be, and how would you know what London looks like, Americans have trouble pointing out any country on a map that they haven't invaded to free it's people at the point of a gun!!

Our balls are odd shaped because they got to big, so we evolved so that they get cradled by our undergarments instead of smashed.

To your point about how we know what London, and Europe for that matter looks like is we were there not too long ago liberating it all.

We tried to let you all play ball and figure it out, but apparently a country of 60~ million people was too much for you all to contain.

I've inhereted the right from my grandpapas to tell you, you are welcome British ungrateful cousin. haha

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
an animated example of such

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

That is an excellent graphic representation on how America (a free and sovereign country) has no problem weathering insults from a state in Europe. lol.

I'm here till 5' folks, work is slow hahah.
edit on 28-9-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Lol, Corbyn would be shot in the US, they haven't got a clue what left wing really means unless they listen to what he has to say.
We still argue better though, even the rabid Scottish nationalists on ATS can have the banter and pisstake.
But saying that though, this thread has had some funny replies, the Canada/US thing is funny as #, and I reckon Canada clinches it with the comebacks.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I'm with you on ball shape, I only ever played rugby, and my son plays rugby for our town in the English league.
I'm an odd shaped ball guy myself...maybe we can find common ground with our balls?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Lol, Corbyn would be shot in the US, they haven't got a clue what left wing really means unless they listen to what he has to say.

I really couldn't argue that. luckily Bernie was docile enough the right didn't see him as a threat. I can't wait for the real one though, when I see the rise of him/her, I will swiftly put money on blood pressure pharma stock.

We still argue better though, even the rabid Scottish nationalists on ATS can have the banter and pisstake.

ATS isn't a good benchmark, if I ever skip the pond, me and you will have a pint or 15 and figure that out once and for all.

But saying that though, this thread has had some funny replies, the Canada/US thing is funny as #, and I reckon Canada clinches it with the comebacks.

It's all fun and games until we can put maple syrup in our gas tanks, bless their polite little hearts when that day comes. On the bright side, all the signs will be measured in miles when we go up to Alaska after that.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
dbl
edit on 28-9-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
I'm with you on ball shape, I only ever played rugby, and my son plays rugby for our town in the English league.
I'm an odd shaped ball guy myself...maybe we can find common ground with our balls?

You're going to have to get some liquor in me before I comment on that one haha

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Pint or 15 definitely

We still have signs in miles in the UK, although I'm metric in everything else at work or whatever. An old guy sometimes speaks to me in Imperial inches and 3 eighths etc, I ask him what sorcery he is speaking.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I think some of you have odd shaped balls 'cause they shrinking in size, like your brains, who else calls something "foot"ball then uses there hands to play, thats called rugby and with no need for all that protection??!! Bless your soft little backsides!

I think you'll find us British didn't need liberating because we weren't invaded, so your history is as bad as your geography!!
edit on 28-9-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
You guys have a king and queen, nothing could be more childlike than that.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I think some of you have odd shaped balls 'cause they shrinking in size, like your brains, who else calls something "foot"ball then uses there hands to play??!!

American's are aloud to resort to insults instead of content of argument, not much more is expected of us, but that was very Un-British of you.

I think you'll find us British didn't need liberating because we weren't invaded, so your history is as bad as your geography!!

HAHA, jokes on you dude, we barely teach either of those things you just talked about. That's the beauty of being a superpower. lulz.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy
I agree, I'm massively against the head of state being decided by birthright in a constitutional monarchy.
I'm in the minority though...

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
You guys have a king and queen, nothing could be more childlike than that.

The adults regularly have tea parties.

The whole British state is a Disney movie. Haha.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

oh its not all fun and games and tea parties over there like they want you to think
filthy buggers

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

HAHA, jokes on you dude, we barely teach either of those things you just talked about. That's the beauty of being a superpower. lulz.

You barley teach anyone anything useful and if you taught proper history you guys would realise that you guys can't win a war on your own and need all the help you can get!!
edit on 28-9-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

So what is it then? How come Brits can argue and debate with friendly banter thrown into the mix but US political discussion is mostly posted in the pit with venom and anger a plenty?

The difference is that Brits are a "people"; you ARE the indigenous population. The US is a polyglot of different "peoples" all with mutually exclusive competing interests hugely afraid of being shafted, robbed and/or even possibly killed by the "Other".

The other problem is that so many groups in the US have bought into the "I am a victim because I'm...............". or put another way, "I am an oppressed minority who's rights have been denied". They genuinely believe that, they live it and they HATE daily and with vehemence whatever group they think has been oppressing them.

Honestly its amazing to me that this country hasn't fallen apart already. Its already the case that every Presidential election is a Constitutional crisis.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Right I'm popping out for a drink with a mate, keep the banter flowing guys, the responses in this thread have almost changed my mind from my thoughts in the OP.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: schuyler

This thread is about US members bitching all angry with each other compared to the Brits when we are bitching.

And I'm saying there is no discernible difference.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join