It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US political arguments are much more angry and childlike compared to UK folk

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Because American politics is a circus of entertainment.

I blame the internet.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: tinimark
Do you think?
None of it seems to be about actual politics, just more who shagged who, and who groped who.

Here you go:

An American film about a British agent played by a Canadian actor. Got all the bases covered.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Because American politics is a circus of entertainment.

I blame the internet.

You think it's a circus now?

Just wait till Nancy from Congress HR goes to one of the Bohemian Grove "parties".

We'll have to dip into social security to replenish the sexual assault slush fund.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid
Haha yes!

You are Canadian though, your anger is pretty tame compared to US folk, you say sorry or pardon me before getting angry.
It is almost less cool than US anger...you need to feel the rage to know it, have a maple syrup chest wax or something to psyche yourself up!

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Top of the day Corny-

A whole bunch of folks here, about 79%, haven't got the memo where it is now 'LAWFUL' for the US Gov't. to use propaganda and Behavioral Sciences in an effort to better serve the people...

It was an Executive Order by pres. #44 signed Sept. 15, 2015

see here: obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...

foreignpolicy.com...

Or they are ALL BOOZED up whilst they watch the evening news. "YES" Corny this too is scripted.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Sew- Maybe We could do a Quid Pro Quo? Maybe You could spread the news to the folks who are still under the impression there are 2 separate political™ parties. Why? It isn't because We don't enjoy watching the SNIP SHOW, but it is becoming a PITA to have to avoid One of the 79% while en route to the grocery or dog park....

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Haha!
Good response

link   

Haha yes!

You are Canadian though, your anger is pretty tame compared to US folk, you say sorry or pardon me before getting angry.
It is almost less cool than US anger...you need to feel the rage to know it, have a maple syrup chest wax or something to psyche yourself up!

Keep dreaming, the meanest thing a Canadian has done is handed one of their own french fries without gravy and cheese balls on it.

He got capital punishment (Canadian capital punishment, he had to go around and say sorry to their whole village... probably just like 50 people, but still).

link   
a reply to: notsure1

"Politics™ is the entertainment wing of the Military Industrial Complex..." Frank Zappa

link   

As Jock McBile would say:

ETA: Or...

edit on 28-9-2018 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Thanks for that delightful vision!

Perhaps if somehow we got Borris as PM it might be more interesting.
The whole Clinton/Trump election and everything that has followed for me is better than any soap opera on TV.
Having said that, I’ve not yet tried watching Poldark.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Maybe because some in the US still have balls and don't want our country ending up looking like Londonistan.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinimark

Thanks for that delightful vision!

Perhaps if somehow we got Borris as PM it might be more interesting.
The whole Clinton/Trump election and everything that has followed for me is better than any soap opera on TV.
Having said that, I’ve not yet tried watching Poldark.

Or this guy

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

Maybe because some in the US still have balls and don't want our country ending up looking like Londonistan.

Good point, I'll use my immense balls to cover your debt

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

There, I said it.
Is it that we are simply more civilised or is there some other reason?
Every day y'all in the US are angry and outraged with each other to the point I imagine you frothing at the mouth while rocking in a chair with crazed eyes. If you are left you hate everything right and the anger is surprising to me as a Brit.

We have a massive polarising issue going on at the moment with Brexit possibly the biggest issue to affect our country in generations, and yes there is some anger on both sides, but overall there is also decent banter and a few laughs between the opposing sides.
None of the UK political threads even get posted in the mudpit, and there are very few posts removed by mods.

So what is it then? How come Brits can argue and debate with friendly banter thrown into the mix but US political discussion is mostly posted in the pit with venom and anger a plenty?
Do y'all just like being angry?

Meh. People in the UK hate our politics and some of the things they like to say about Trump tells a different story. But..... I don't live there so I'll just have to take your word for it.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Having heard rather vociferous arguments in Parliament, I believe you are deluded. Just look up "Parliament fights UK" and you'll be treated to fine displays of fisticuffs, obscenities, and other surly behavior. There is no limits to your feeling of superiority, but the facts attest to rather different behavior than you claim.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Civility isn't what the US spreads. You'd be closer with body bags.

I don't know, man. Our population continues to grow almost as fast as uncivil division.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

All politicians on both sides of the pond act like children when they are stuck in their belief. The only difference is we Brits have the accent that makes up sound way smarter than some of us actually are lol.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler
Dude I was going on about people on ATS not our politicians. I actually like the way they argue in Parliament, and I like the way Trump calls a spade a spade on twitter, I follow him for that reason. It is refreshing when politicians say it as they mean it.
This thread is about US members bitching all angry with each other compared to the Brits when we are bitching.

I have to say though, some fantastic responses here, funny, tongue in cheek banter, good laugh reading them so far.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

The political bickering and arguments on this site at the moment are just childish crazy, especially when American politics are really either centre or right, and their idea of left isn't a scratch on our dusty geography and sometimes art teacher looking Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn. If Americans had real politicians like us Brits with our Right wing old Rich boys club members, our middle liberal democrats, who people forget exist and our ex-hippie Marxists left wingers they'ed have something to really argue over, and that's without the extreme left and right!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

You guys don't have real balls, they are all odd shaped, real balls are round like they should be, and how would you know what London looks like, Americans have trouble pointing out any country on a map that they haven't invaded to free it's people at the point of a gun!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join