It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US political arguments are much more angry and childlike compared to UK folk

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
I know exactly what you mean from the opposite corner of England to you, we've always been forgotten about down here as well, but tourism gives us all money for half the year, no government will change that with their crap policy decisions. Life rolls on, skint some years if it is a crap season, minted other years when it is an amazing season, like this year. The amount of foreign tourists this summer, cold hard cash which trickles down to everyone. All because of the drop in the £, winners and losers from that.
...and this thread has drifted off/on topic madly but the mods seem to like how it flows because I've seen no deletions, so yeah, let the opinions flow I reckon.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong
Star for facts, but although I'm biased because one of my older brothers fought in the Falklands, fact is without Chilean radar assistance and other shady arrangements letting special forces in, we would have lost to Argentina.
I've made deals with gangsters in my life and I wouldn't break them or sell the devil out. Business.
...Britain and The Falklands have the oil now, Argentina wouldn't even accept a split deal over it not so long ago, # them then, but I've never supported Thatcher or been a Conservative by label.

<< 18  19  20   >>

join