It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US political arguments are much more angry and childlike compared to UK folk

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

You're a closed minded fool. Have fun being fat and old.
edit on 6-10-2018 by PharoahSpiderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: PharoahSpiderMan
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I'm done talking shlt to you guys. Every single reply is always "I know you are but what am I?" or you attack my credibility, which there is none it's the f☆cking internet, so by default you have just as much as me. Or you call me a racist it's like arguing with libtards. Frankly I'm bored. You guys want to sit here like old women and talk about spotted dick and play cribbage? Fine, I won't keep you. Tally ho old chaps!

Lol, you are fantastic entertainment because you give validity to my claims in the OP.
Notice the couple of posts you had removed on the last page for a manners violation, in the mudpit lmao. I would bet my house that no Brit member reported your posts but a random mod read it and thought you need to chill a bit.
Honestly mate, you are the classic example of the angry American posters which I described in the OP.
Incapable of reasoned argument just angry like you'll run and get yer gun because you cannot debate in a civil manner.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: PharoahSpiderMan

Ha ha.
I've had a great time getting fat and old.
Lived the life, done and seen things you will only ever dream and wank about.

I typed out a full retort to you and then thought, 'what's the point'?

I know you aren't representative of most Americans, do yourself a favour and next time around please try and enter into some sort of reasoned debate and discussion, that is what we are all supposed to be hear for.

Take care and don't believe the bollocks they are spoon feeding you.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
What is old these days? I'm still as childish as when I was 16, just able to articulate myself a little better these days lol.
Our US friend does seem a little grumpy though, he should pop into the banter cafe thread, have a couple of Irish coffees and put a tune on the jukebox.
Being angry all the time can't be healthy.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: PharoahSpiderMan
Ha ha.
I've had a great time getting fat and old.
Lived the life, done and seen things you will only ever dream and wank about.
I typed out a full retort to you and then thought, 'what's the point'?

Or in the words of that America wit, P.J. O'Rourke:
"Age and Guile Beat Youth, Innocence and a Bad Haircut"

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck
Lol, I like the Canadian banter with the US members as well. You guys are more chilled like Brits, none of the 'my [SNIP] is bigger than yours' bull#.
edit on 7/10/18 by argentus because: Please don't use that word again, unless you are talking about roosters.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Things are heating up internationally....
We got a world class hate spewer throwing shade at you redcoats....
www.foxnews.com...

Hillary Clinton on Tuesday took a swipe at U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May’s Conservative Party for its decision to oppose the European Union’s censure of Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban's right-wing government. “It’s disheartening to watch Conservatives in Brussels vote to shield Viktor Orban from censure – including British Tories,” Clinton said in a speech at Oxford University.

She then suggested the Tories had departed from the vision of former Tory Prime Ministers Winston Churchill and Margaret Thatcher. “They’ve come a long way from the party of Churchill and Thatcher,” she said.

Clinton warned of a “slide into autocracy” and said it was at least as grave a threat to the “European project” as the 2008 financial crisis or Britain’s departure from the European Union (Brexit).

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Well, if we saw off Hitler (OK - yes, we had some help) then we are not going to be fazed by the likes of HC.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Can I ask if you are an American, 'cause coor blimey and god damn, it's nice to see someone from that side of the pond that knows what a conservative is and not just go on about "liberal Brits" this and "liberal Brits" that!!!

If you are here's a
for ya!!

edit on 9-10-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

also if the working class survived thatcher then we can take on anyone !

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

We'd probably best not go there......

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Hillary needs to apologize to the world for praising Churchill!

lulz

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Just shows what Hillary knows; Thatcher is almost deified by all modern Conservatives and any criticism of her is viewed as heresy.

I think she'd be ecstatic to know just how well her worshippers are screwing everyday British people over.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
See I'm left wing in many issues but right wing in others, there is no real box for me so I vote massively on my own opinion of the candidates for MP in my constituency. I have spoiled my ballot paper with a comment on my views before now though. Some may say it is a wasted vote, I say it is my last voice when all the options are poor.

Hilary thinks Thatcher was a good 'people's' leader lmao, she just made herself look uneducated in UK politics.
My childhood was in Thatcher's reign and I remember those dark days, everyone was skint. People moan about being skint these days but they haven't got a clue about what being skint really is...smartphones, full satellite/cable package, cheap clothes from China, cheap food...Britain is many times better to be relatively 'poor' in than back then, hardly anyone was fat for a start, 3 square meals a day, no convenience food in every shop...I'm beginning to rant off topic now so I'll stop.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

oh i am a yank alright....
and while you guys may be "liberal brits" you are our forebears and closest ally

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Well, if we saw off Hitler (OK - yes, we had some help) then we are not going to be fazed by the likes of HC.

had trump made the same statement I would wager the responses would be different

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

Hillary needs to apologize to the world for praising Churchill!

lulz

I am surprised she pronounced his name properly

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Treat everything as I see it free from any ideological viewpoint or party allegiance.
I think the party political system has outlived its fit for purpose.
But I digress slightly.

Thatcher destroyed whole communities, turned family members against each other and turned the UK into a nation obsessed with profit.

That Clinton views Thatcher a politician of the people truly beggars belief.

We are still reeling from the impact of her policies and the blind allegiance to them that subsequent Tory leaders have shown.

As you know I'm from N.E. England and she well and truly shafted us up the rear end.
Blair just ignored us, took us for granted and treat us with contempt.

I'm approaching ranting point and I really don't want to, neither do I want to derail the thread.

edit on 9/10/18 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Things are heating up internationally....
We got a world class hate spewer throwing shade at you redcoats....
www.foxnews.com...

Hillary Clinton on Tuesday took a swipe at U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May’s Conservative Party for its decision to oppose the European Union’s censure of Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban's right-wing government. “It’s disheartening to watch Conservatives in Brussels vote to shield Viktor Orban from censure – including British Tories,” Clinton said in a speech at Oxford University.

She then suggested the Tories had departed from the vision of former Tory Prime Ministers Winston Churchill and Margaret Thatcher. “They’ve come a long way from the party of Churchill and Thatcher,” she said.

Clinton warned of a “slide into autocracy” and said it was at least as grave a threat to the “European project” as the 2008 financial crisis or Britain’s departure from the European Union (Brexit).

Someone had better give Hilary a nudge in the ribs and remind her of who Thatchers biggest mate was.

None other than Right Wing Chilean Dictator Augusto Pinochet.

Thatcher's support for Chile's former torturer-in-chief General Pinochet is no secret; it was something she was proud of. Despite her assertion that “The United States and Britain have together been the greatest alliance in defence of liberty and justice,” Thatcher refused to back down in her support of a man who overthrew a democratically elected government. This was a man who initiated the notorious Caravan of Death, the army unit that travelled the country by helicopter, murdering and torturing the General's opponents

www.independent.co.uk... 0.html

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Just shows what Hillary knows; Thatcher is almost deified by all modern Conservatives and any criticism of her is viewed as heresy.

I think she'd be ecstatic to know just how well her worshippers are screwing everyday British people over.

Perhaps clinton is fond of her because she did something hillary couldn't.....win an election to lead her nation?
Seems her gender was more important than her policies as when searching for her I keep getting "she was the first woman...blah blah blah"
She did lead the defeat of Argentina I guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join