It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US political arguments are much more angry and childlike compared to UK folk

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Oh, I see....David Icke said it's so, it must be true then.

After reading that well researched piece of high brow academic work with credible sources I can only bow to such reasoned argument.

Where is Draco?
Do you turn left at Orion's Belt?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Do you turn left at Orion's Belt?

Only if you're looking for the "galaxy".

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Pmsl at the banter in this thread, even our US friend has chilled out

@oldcarpy Good evidence at that link, I'm coming round to the idea now, does anyone know if there are 4th dimensional people as well? They could be be allies with us against the 5th dimensional lizards.
I'm definitely not going near Buckingham palace again though...

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Totally bonkers.

Turn left at Darlington then follow the signs. Or just use sat nav.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Nope, it's in London after all... Draco street

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Where have all the Yanks gone? Must all be on yet another Kavanaugh thread. Young student drinks lots of beer and gets # faced. Shock, horror, Trump.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Or did he mean Draco the person.....?

Draco Malfoy. (He has got a bit of Harry Potter history).
en.wikipedia.org...

Draco the old Greek bloke.
en.wikipedia.org...(lawgiver)

But it all comes together now
Draco the serpent.
en.wikipedia.org...

Nothing to do with the Quaker stronghold Darlington after all.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Oh yeah, we're scrappy. But I think we learned it from the English. I used to watch their vids in Parliament on you-tube for fun! The way they fight, lol, once someone even set off a smoke bomb while it was in session.

(I thought it was adorable, gotta love the Brits.)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Michael "Tarzan" Heseltine once wielded the Mace in Parliament.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

uh oh.

That might not qualify as 'adorable'.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Lol he didn't hit anyone with it, it's a gold ceremonial mace on the table/bench in the middle of the floor.
He got punished in some way as far as I remember as well, pity they didn't have cameras in Parliament back in those days.
I love Prime Ministers questions time on a wednesday, it's hilarious. They never speak much substance but I love the theatre of it.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: PharoahSpiderMan

I wasn't talking about Africans.. They sold themselves out.

You seem to enjoy making up history as you see fit, you might try looking up the history of slavery and learn something real and true for a change. Hint hint try reading up about the Portuguese.
Here's a link to get you on the right track.....link

I'm talking about the fact the British think they're hot shyt and always have.

I can't help it that us British are truley awesome, it's called "Great" Britain for a reason!!

What about the Irish? You hold the Rothschild's cash. You guys are powerful tools to the powers that be.The USA doesn't care what others think, me included. All countries are indoctrined.

None of that makes factual or real sense so I wont bother with a response.

Who said anything about me hating other races? Just one country. Full of complacent, domesticated, civilized, muppets that are so full of their overrated bullshyt , whose single greatest contribution to life is their vocabulary.

Domesticated and civililized, I can pee into a toilet too, my your full of charm, and I thought Kermit and miss Piggy were American??

You guys are like the liberals of the world. Trying to get every country to harbor Muslims like the way you do. Disgusting.

Try looking up Margaret Thatcher!! We've also had a conservative goverment for a fair few years now, someone should tell 'em that there really liberals don't you think? Also our liberals are the middle of the road party and it's labour that are left wing politicans. Your dislike for muslims is showing, I thought it was just us Brits that you hated.

And your cops are a joke.

Really, our cops are a joke, they don't need to carry firearms to apprehend a "bad" guy, and most of the time when an armed response team is needed they dont just shoot the "bad" guy for the fun of it and plant drugs or totally lie about the situation, lets not even get started on how African Americans are treated by the U.S. police.

edit on 2-10-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Never much liked his politics but he was a politician of conviction.
He resigned over the Westland affair.....current politicians would never have the strength of conviction to resign a Cabinet position on a point of principle.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage
Lol, that told him

a reply to: Freeborn
I saw a chilling interview of him live on TV in the wee twee hours after it was confirmed Blair won in '97.
I can't remember the exact question but his answer and the way he cockily laughed struck me deep.
"So, do you think blah thing will be done by Blair and his new government?"
"Haha of course not, he hasn't been security briefed yet, let's see what he has to say in the morning"

There is much even the folk at the highest levels do not know until they take the power reins for sure.

edit on 2-10-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: stupid auto correct

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Our Congressman are far too old and frail to wield a mace properly.....*sigh*

Though I bet CSPAN's ratings would go way up.....

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
Our Congressman are far too old and frail to wield a mace properly.....*sigh*

Though I bet CSPAN's ratings would go way up.....

Ted Cruz could brandish a hockey stick though.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok
Lol, I watch CSPAN in bed on a sunday morning quite often, it can be really dull but as background noise and a means to understand wtf everyone is bitching about in US politics it is a useful resource in the toolbag.

edit on 2-10-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: typo

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid
Putin is the hardest world leader in a fist fight right now, Trump is old, Macron and Trudeau are just pretty boys, the Syrian guy has no jaw, but maybe the crazy guy in Venezuela would be up for it?
Out of the women I reckon Merkel would do May in a fight.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: intrepid
Putin is the hardest world leader in a fist fight right now, Trump is old, Macron and Trudeau are just pretty boys, the Syrian guy has no jaw, but maybe the crazy guy in Venezuela would be up for it?
Out of the women I reckon Merkel would do May in a fight.

This whole post had me in stiches just from the imagery that popped into my head!! Merkel vs May would be nasty and a dirty fight I bet. This is how Brexit and the whole EU think should be sorted out. At least we'd all have a laugh!!
edit on 2-10-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage
I'd pay to watch Merkel vs May for sure, and it would be vicious, but I reckon Merkel's hook would win the day, maybe 6th round?
Hilary Clinton vs May would be interesting, they seem a more equal weight and build...I think my money would be on May scratching her eyes out.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join