It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US political arguments are much more angry and childlike compared to UK folk

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
I always enjoy the British inferiority complex.

Eh? Where do you see Brits feeling inferior?
I'm so glad I was born in Britain. Argue with a guy at the pub and it's just fists outside, no fear of being shot or knifed - unless you are in the #hole commonly known as London. Our cops only really carry lame sticks and you can argue with them if they are being pricks, just search UK police violence on youtube, you'll find nothing much except a few lame guys screaming that their handcuffs are too tight lol.
We have universal healthcare. I'm currently on a drug which costs thousands and because I work I pay £8.80 per month for it. If I was unable to work I'd get it free as well as cash benefits to live/exist.
If I work in a foreign country then my income is not taxed by the British government. The US is the only developed nation which taxes it's citizens on foreign earnings. The only way to avoid it is by relinquishing citizenship.
...I can even cross the street anywhere I feel it is safe to do so without being harassed by cops lol.

Nope, I certainly don't understand claims of inferiority, and while I think the US is a nation of fine people, I am glad I wasn't born there.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: PharoahSpiderMan

Remember the Trans Atlantic slave trade? You guys were the first dirtbags to think you were more superior than everyone else.

You should really look into at least trying to read a history book! Yes Britian was a bunch of dirt bags when it comes to the slave trade but Britian wasn't the first European country to sell Africans and America was doing it a long time after most other countries had stopped.

You're a prime example as to why most people think the average 'merican are a bunch of inbred racists!!

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I always enjoy the British inferiority complex.

Not a trait commonly levelled at the British.

a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Next Monday a tv series called 'Why does everyone hate the English' starts on The History channel, its presented by Al Murray.
Do you think it'd be interesting to see what the esteemed ATS membership really think of us?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

This thread has been fun and its nice to see some fellow Americans do have a sense of humour, there's still hope for all of us but please ban the can of spotted dick.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Haha that was brilliant

I'll look out for that new show, bound to be a chuckle.
...the inferiority thing by the member was a bit weird though, if anything us Brits have a superiority complex going on. Fifth largest economy in the world, a nuclear power, overseas territories all over the place, even one we rent to the US as a strategic base. A queen who is head of state of 15 foreign nations lol, these small islands are anything but inferior.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage
Yes there's been some good banter here to be fair

...and I'm with you on the canned Spotted Dick, it's an abomination!

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I've watched the trailer for this show and I've gotta say I hope it's as fun as it looks, maybe we'll find out why the French hate us so much??

edit on 1-10-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The French are a strange one, I've lied before when in France and said I was from Ecosse (Scotland in French) big smiles then and much more friendly than if they think you are English.
France has gone to the dogs now though with all the immigrants who refuse to register there because they want to enter the UK illegally. I genuinely feel for the people of Calais, they must hate the juxtaposed border with our border force on their land with fences paid for by the UK.
I'm glad about it though, the French would just let them on the ferries if it wasn't for that UK ring of steel, they don't want them there either.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

The French hate us because we've beat them so many times and because we had the nerve to save them in two World Wars.
Charles de Gaulle's attitude to The British is typical of the French disdain for us Brits.

The difference between The French and The British; France surrendered in WWII because they didn't want their country and beloved Paris being destroyed by the German invaders. The British were prepared to 'fight them on the beaches', endured The Blitz and watched numerous cities get turned into rubble...but we still refused to capitulate.

I could go on....but it'll probably explain why everyone hates us.

Anyway....AL Murray again on British Thinking.

edit on 1/10/18 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Al Murray is class, I'd love to see him live, I like comedy nights and enjoy heckling - even if they rip me to bits haha.
If we get a decent deal out of Brexit and thrive as a nation in the medium term then France will hate us even more, they'll just be Germany's bitch lol.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I was supposed to go and see him a few years ago with the other half but I was really ill with flu so she took the daughter.
They had a great night, never had the chance to see him since.

One for all our colonial cousins;

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
"The American dream"
"We don't have a dream in Britain because we are awake"

He is funny as # to be fair. Bet you was jealous when they came back laughing after his gig which you missed.
This thread has surprised me as well, some brilliant banter from US members, I posted in the mud-pit so the more venomous folk could let fly, but it's been pretty tame to be honest.
I like the banter between Canadian and US members, it is pretty funny how all us English speaking nations have our own thing going on, like a disfunctional family lol

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Oh boy. A virtual recreation of the War of 1812. Should be interesting.

Which the Americans lost...if you'll recall. There. The trigger has been pulled...lol!

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Because Americans forget the meaning of the word "compromise" years ago.

And I also find it funny how many non Americans participate in American political threads.
It's almost like its important to the rest of the world. Hmm
...and isn't it amusing how some American ATSers assume that this site is theirs, and that they have exclusive rights to comment on things affecting them? Too big a line-up at the ol' Echo Chamber, I guess.
edit on 1-10-2018 by JohnnyCanuck because: right-o!

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

What was lost?
Lord Stanleys cup?
It was in fact a russian who colluded to take that....

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Oh don't feel bad about the cup loss, if we ever decide soccer is more than a childs game to be played before they are able to play football or basketball we will take soccer from the euros.....

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody
Lol, I've only ever played rugby union and my son plays for our town in the English league.
I don't know those other sports you mention

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

Remember the Trans Atlantic slave trade? You guys were the first dirtbags to think you were more superior than everyone else.

You should really look into at least trying to read a history book! Yes Britian was a bunch of dirt bags when it comes to the slave trade but Britian wasn't the first European country to sell Africans and America was doing it a long time after most other countries had stopped.

You're a prime example as to why most people think the average 'merican are a bunch of inbred racists!!

I wasn't talking about Africans.. They sold themselves out. I'm talking about the fact the British think they're hot shyt and always have. What about the Irish? You hold the Rothschild's cash. You guys are powerful tools to the powers that be.The USA doesn't care what others think, me included. All countries are indoctrined. Who said anything about me hating other races? Just one country. Full of complacent, domesticated, civilized, muppets that are so full of their overrated bullshyt , whose single greatest contribution to life is their vocabulary. You guys are like the liberals of the world. Trying to get every country to harbor Muslims like the way you do. Disgusting. And your cops are a joke. Apparently you guys left your balls and wits in another century.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

rugby is tough
no sissys in that game

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Lmao you got a star for that.
I love your replies in this thread because you add validity to the thread OP

new topics

top topics