It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US political arguments are much more angry and childlike compared to UK folk

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Everything outside the US is practically half the globe away

Most Americans aren't aware that there is a world outside of the US and think that they'd fall off the edge of the world if they venture too far out to sea.

.... I don't follow other countries politics too much,....

I would never have guessed.

I agree with you, I've been satirical this whole thread.

A rare attribute, for an American.

We Brits tend to see humour in any given situation and taking the piss out others and ourselves is a national pastime.

Wise words from an American soldier;

''Those Brits are a strange old race, they show affection by abusing each other, will think nothing of casually stopping in the middle of a fire fight for their "Brew up” and eat food that I wouldn’t give to a dying dog! But # me, I would rather have one British squaddie on our side than a entire battalion of spetznaz! Why? Because the British are the only people in the world, who, when the chips are down and there seems like no hope left, instead of getting sentimental or hysterical, will strap on there pack, charge their rifle, light up a smoke and calmly and wryly grin “Well, are we going then you wanker?''

sherbetlemonsandshuriken.tumblr.com...

edit on 30/9/18 by Freeborn because: grammar, clarity

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: PharoahSpiderMan

Come out of the basement before your Mummy finds you.
Early to bed tonight, school tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Pmsl, I actually did laugh out loud when I read that guys post, it was the classic angry "my cock is bigger than your cock" American response I was talking about in the OP.
Priceless!

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Most Brits would let you back into the Commonwealth fold I reckon. We could just # the EU off then.
A new empire of English speaking nations...but we would expect you to offer healthcare and medicine for your poor people though, basic rule of a decent society and all that.

as long as we don't have imperialism and bloated spending for failed wars I am all for access able health care....

Hell we can probably take a tax break if we cut military spending. Appease both sides of the isle.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Absolute classic post, but one unfortunately all too common.

I was going to say that they just don't seem to get it, but I've been pleasantly surprised to read some of the posts - it seems that some of 'them' actually do get it.

They'll be back in the family fold some time soon.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Lets make it happen then, we don't need Spain for fruits and vegetables, we can buy yours.
Cut back on wars is a good idea, we'd all be richer for sure, the new trading block of US/UK/Canada/Australia/NZ, no political union like the soviet style EU, just mates trading, and speaking the same language.
India would probably get on board as well, maybe even be an alternative for shipping folk to the ISS instead of Russia.
Yep, it's a plan

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Haha yes!
...you can take the states out of the Crown but you can't take the Crown out of the states lol
They'll be back with us soon, resistance is futile.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Baloney. Everyone has seen your Parliament arguing and talking over each other.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

I meant on ATS with the angry almost rabid left/right thing you have going on.
You've gotta admit, us Brits argue but still find room for banter and pisstaking, even in the Brexit threads, and that is a massively divisive issue in the UK right now.
US members need to chill out and have a cup of tea...well many of them do.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

I meant on ATS with the angry almost rabid left/right thing you have going on.
You've gotta admit, us Brits argue but still find room for banter and pisstaking, even in the Brexit threads, and that is a massively divisive issue in the UK right now.
US members need to chill out and have a cup of tea...well many of them do.

Ah, apologies.

Yes, I'm a tea drinker. Good strong builder's tea, as you folks call it.

As for the thread topic, I agree, particularly when it comes to the mud-pit. Pure savagery, which is why I neither read nor participate there.

Anonymity greases the wheels of barbarism.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper
No apology needed, and yes builders tea haha, Britain would never have built anything without it!
I'm in construction and the best jobs are at a little old lady's house and they keep the tea/cakes coming.
It's an unwritten law that if you don't keep builders supplied with tea then you get a mediocre job done lol

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I try to keep up with other countries, I could do a better job though.

Problem is here, mainstream media doesn't talk about it.

Granted I don't give much attention to them anyways and have more independent outlets notify me of stuff online, it still caters more to the circus of our politics.

I frequent BBC, Reuters, Haaretz, RT (with a black of salt).

But I still can't follow it as I don't have enough knowledge of their culture and the nuance of the topics to have an opinion on any of it.

Just kind of read it as an outsider looking in.

Edit: some of us Americans love nothing more than giving people sh*t though. Some do it to be dicks, but I like the comedy of it and do it unmaliciously most of the time. Just for fun.
edit on 30-9-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Nightwalk

Britain's no longer relevant, America's the most important country in the world. :-) U.S.-envy, gotta love it. :-)

Should i really be envious of a country that doesn't even have it's own language ?

You nicked of England. Along with our colonies, sports and basis of law. You even nicked the colours of our flag. That's just to name a few.

edit on 30-9-2018 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Pmsl, I actually did laugh out loud when I read that guys post, it was the classic angry "my cock is bigger than your cock" American response I was talking about in the OP.
Priceless!

Sorry that was my typical " I have no respect or partiality towards Britain ", response. I'm not some goy that's infatuated with those #ty Harry Potter movies because "everyone in it talks british!😍" type of people. Go sell your commodity of "charming personality" somewhere else. All you guys do is look down on people . A bunch of vain Muppets with bad hygiene and speech impediments that need their asses beat. Remember the Trans Atlantic slave trade? You guys were the first dirtbags to think you were more superior than everyone else. Not the Nazis. And now suddenly you're all so "worldy" and fashionable. You guys are joke.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Come out of the basement before your Mummy finds you.
Early to bed tonight, school tomorrow.

That's cheap. Lol. Go answer the door and get your Meals on wheels , Buford

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Good, let the anger flow lol.
Funny as #, responses like yours are exactly like I meant in the OP.
You seem agitated

EDIT
And you even managed to bring 'nazis' into the thread haha priceless!
edit on 1-10-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   
The u.s. is too powerful to take out with traditional weapons.
That is why smart enemies have divided and weakened the country in other ways.

They are attacking and making the country less patriotic in ways people are not even aware of.

Got to fight back

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: PharoahSpiderMan

Priceless!

Sorry that was my typical " I have no respect or partiality towards Britain ", response. I'm not some goy that's infatuated with those #ty Harry Potter movies because "everyone in it talks british!😍" type of people. Go sell your commodity of "charming personality" somewhere else. All you guys do is look down on people . A bunch of vain Muppets with bad hygiene and speech impediments that need their asses beat. Remember the Trans Atlantic slave trade? You guys were the first dirtbags to think you were more superior than everyone else. Not the Nazis. And now suddenly you're all so "worldy" and fashionable. You guys are joke.

"British" is a language, is it?

I'm afraid that us Brits do not take kindly to being lectured to by our former colony. You chaps have a lot to sort out as your country went down the toilet quite some time ago.

The slave trade? Buy a history book, read it and do try not to colour it in with crayons. Your country fought a war about that with half your lot wanting to keep it.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   

You guys are joke

We " jokers " are of the nation that bought your country into it's very existence.

Quite funny really.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

LOL after manufacturing excuses to invade - you really believe you're spreading freedom and not marching to the MIC's perpetual wars for profit?

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join