It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe them both

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
So you believe Kavanaugh sexually assaulted Ford and that he also didn't sexually assault Ford?

edit: to respond to the meat of your post, you can't believe Ford and not believe she's telling the truth.

OP is where a lot of us are.

Something happened to Ford, but whatever it was, Kavanaugh didn't have any part in it.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

You don't get it.

The mind is a funny thing.

My kid has an auditory disorder. His brain doesn't process the information his ears send him correctly. I can say something to him. He can hear it, and his brain tells him it's something other than what I said.

In other words, He can tell me I said something I didn't. And we're both right.

This is the same.

She could very well have been assaulted and she could have convinced herself that Kavanaugh did it. And he may have had nothing at all to do with it. Who knows why she thinks it was him? Maybe he looks a lot like who did do it, but for whatever reason, she believes it was him when it wasn't.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It’s always a possibility. Here is an example from my younger days. Almost 40 years ago I had sex with a classmate in the back of her car after school. It was a memory that remained fresh in my mind for years. I was like 17 and hadn’t had that many encounters so I remembered everything. I ran into her several years later (like maybe 15 years or so) and was talking about that day with her. She was in total denial that it ever happened. To the point she made a scene that ruined our friendship. So make of that what you will.

On another note. I have lead what I consider a very interesting life. I have encountered thousands of people during my lifetime. It’s not unusual to have someone approach me and say, I’ll never forget the night you did this or that. Or said this or that. I’m like what? Really? I did that? Or said that? Maybe they are pulling my leg, but I doubt it. Why would they lie? I have no earthly recollection of the event they are referring to most of the time, even after racking my brain.
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join