It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe them both

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I just spent the last few hours watching both Ford's and Kavanaugh's testimonies. I believe them both and my heart goes out to both of them for what they've been made to endure. My ire at the committee, and politics in general, has grown into disgust and I swear, unlike my past voting habit of only voting in the Presidential election, I will absolutely be voting in November. Also, unlike my past voting history, I will be voting a straight Republican ticket because it is absolutely clear to me that the Democrat leadership has no care for anything or anyone, except their own selves and POWER. This probably is the same way as most Republicans, but, at least it's not so blatantly obvious.

I blame Feinstein. She knew about this in July and did nothing except help Ford find a good lawyer. She assured Ford that it would be kept confidential, yet it was made public. Feinstein, in all her callousness, blamed the leak on Ford. Ford testified that she never gave her consent to go public and that she didn't give her letter to anyone but Feinstein and her lawyers - and I believe her. Her lawyers, then, hid the fact that she had been offered for the committee to travel to her from her. Poor thing, she looked taken aback with that revelation. God, these people sicken me.

I believe that something happened to Ford and even that she believes it was Kavanaugh. But I do not believe that it was Kavanaugh who did it. The mind can be a strange thing.

The Democrat's actions, inactions, and words on this Kavanaugh confirmation, have totally and forever turned me against them.

So be it.
edit on 28/9/2018 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
So you believe Kavanaugh sexually assaulted Ford and that he also didn't sexually assault Ford?

edit: to respond to the meat of your post, you can't believe Ford and not believe she's telling the truth.
edit on 39am18famFri, 28 Sep 2018 09:21:59 -0500America/ChicagoFri, 28 Sep 2018 09:21:59 -0500 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Take the 2 seconds to read my post again.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Maybe if you read the whole OP...

I believe that something happened to Ford and even that she believes it was Kavanaugh. But I do not believe that it was Kavanaugh who did it.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

Maybe if you read the whole OP...

I believe that something happened to Ford and even that she believes it was Kavanaugh. But I do not believe that it was Kavanaugh who did it.

Oh I read it.

You can't believe someone and also think they're not telling the truth. Jesus Christ I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. Are you guys so brainwashed that saying, 'Ford is telling the truth, its just that she's wrong' make sense to you?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Good god dude.
He believes she was sexually assaulted and in her mind it was by kavanaugh.

He also believes kavanaugh is not the man who did it.

Both are telling the truth, she is just mistaken about the identity of the assailant.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Honestly? Have you ever been wrong about something you absolutely thought was the truth?

False Truth
A false truth is something believed by many people to be true but is not. It is usually something that cannot be backed up with hard evidence.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Well, as stated by the OP, in which I share his view, I believe she was assaulted, I just don't believe Kavanaugh was the one who did it.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Good god dude.
He believes she was sexually assaulted and in her mind it was by kavanaugh.

He also believes kavanaugh is not the man who did it.

Both are telling the truth, she is just mistaken about the identity of the assailant.

Good god you silly goose, then he doesn't actually believe Ford.

What he should have said, ' I don't doubt the sincerity of Ford, but I don't believe she's telling the truth: she is mistaken'

Its just that you folks think you can have your cake and eat it to. You either side with Fords story, or with Kavanaughs. Why are you guys so afraid of telling the world you don't believe the sexual assault victim in this case (aside from the obviously bad optics)?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

Glad to hear.

I think most honest people see the tragedy of what happened yesterday.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamonlyhuman

Honestly? Have you ever been wrong about something you absolutely thought was the truth?

False Truth
A false truth is something believed by many people to be true but is not. It is usually something that cannot be backed up with hard evidence.

Sure, but nobody is any more certain of that than of Ford actually being right and telling the 100% factual truth (except that most of the folks here are giving the benefit of the doubt to the accused rather than the accuser). In essence, just about everyone is saying without anything other than our gut feelings we're going to assume the woman is lying.

Except there is extenuating evidence already. Just in the hearing last night Kavanaugh lied several times directly contradicting information that is freely/widely known. The same cannot be said about Ford yesterday, so based on that one element alone there is suspicion cast over what ever else Kavanaugh isn't telling the truth about. Suspicion can then be used to weigh the testimony of each party to add or lessen credence to their story.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

What he should have said, ' I don't doubt the sincerity of Ford, but I don't believe she's telling the truth: she is mistaken'

You can be telling the truth but yet be mistaken. Truth is not absolute, it is a construct of your own mind. Seriously? You don't understand this?

Sincerity is at the heart of truth. That is why it is not a lie if you truly believe it.

truth
tro͞oTH/
noun

a fact or belief that is accepted as true.

And for the record, I actually DO believe that Ford is telling the truth - just that her truth isn't fact.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Actually I think shes lying about the whole thing.
She was a lush in college and probably doesnt remember half of her partners.

The op believes shes telling the truth as she remembers it.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I believe Kavanaugh is guilty but he has forced the memory out of his mind. The mind can be a strange thing.
Especially when you have an agenda of seeking power over others, like being a supreme court judge.
edit on 28-9-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

You can be telling the truth but yet be mistaken. Truth is not absolute, it is a construct of your own mind. Seriously? You don't understand this?

Sincerity is at the heart of truth. That is why it is not a lie if you truly believe it.

truth
tro͞oTH/
noun

a fact or belief that is accepted as true.

And for the record, I actually DO believe that Ford is telling the truth - just that her truth isn't fact.

What you believe is that Ford thinks she's telling the truth but that she's wrong. You believe Ford is wrong, and Kavanaugh is right. You 'believe' Kavanaugh and you 'sympathize but ultimately disagree' with Ford's story.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I believe Kavanaugh is guilty but he has forced the memory out of his mind. The mind can be a strange thing.
Especially when you have an agenda of seeking power over others, like being a supreme court judge.

Perhaps. At least he has signed statements from Ford's witnesses and documentation on his side. A bit more than Ford has going for her, wouldn't you say?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

At least he has signed statements from Ford's witnesses and documentation on his side. A bit more than Ford has going for her, wouldn't you say?

So if someone is accused of a crime, and there are accomplices, do the accomplices claiming/affirming that in fact there wasn't a crime hold any weight in the matter (on account of said accomplices being complicit and at risk themselves for admitting such)?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Well there's also the possibility that he did do it and is telling the truth when he says he didn't because he truly doesn't remember it.

I'm of course very interested in hearing from Mike Judge at this point, and believe an inquiry should be done.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

At least he has signed statements from Ford's witnesses and documentation on his side. A bit more than Ford has going for her, wouldn't you say?

So if someone is accused of a crime, and there are accomplices, do the accomplices claiming/affirming that in fact there wasn't a crime hold any weight in the matter (on account of said accomplices being complicit and at risk themselves for admitting such)?

Did you even listen to the testimony, even a little bit??

Her witnesses included 6 people (4 boys & 2 girls) supposedly at the party. ALL of them deny the party even happened. Only 2 of them would be accomplices (Judge & Kavanaugh). The other 4 wouldn't be.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seiko
I'm of course very interested in hearing from Mike Judge at this point, and believe an inquiry should be done.

Well, Feinstein nixed that chance for you then - waiting til the last second to spring the accusation on the committee. Not gonna happen and it's all Feinstein's fault!

I guess his signed statement is all you're gonna get now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join