It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did Dr. Ford wait?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: JAGStorm

What the problem seems to be is that these festering wounds, as you called them, only are shown the light of day when it's politically or financially expedient.

i think you are underestimating how painful it is to open up an old wound like that.

you'd want a really good reason to do so... like your rapist getting nominated to a position of immeasurable power.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Except NONE of that is the case here.

And so, they come forward, to prevent a toxic individual from sullying a seat on the greatest court in the land...

He's been on the list Trump released for a while now. She didn't come forward until it was politically expedient to do so, and did law enforcement approach with it? No....a rather radical liberal Democrat did.

It's a desperate and despicable political attack, and given even the facts as she stated them, its ridiculous we are even entertaining this notion.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
a reply to: vinifalou

I turned on the BBC last night as the man himself was starting his testimony and watched for a while. It turns out these accusations started in 2012, that was when Ford first discussed it with her therapist.

A discussion in which Kav's name never came up.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

So, let me make sure I have a clear idea of what you are saying.

You believe that this woman heard his name on day one of his being considered, despite the fact that the information you are specifically referring to would only jump out of a news bulletin, at someone who is actually following politics, and despite the fact that the news cycles at the time, and ever since, have been a confusing maelstrom of insane statements, ridiculous, farcical performances, newsworthy expressions of executive ignorance, as well as a whole host of other news dominating headlines?

Well, thats an interesting notion, but its probably nothing like realistic.

And again, your total lack of compassion or empathy is responsible for your having an unrealistic view of how the abused come to decisions about whether or not to speak out. Because you are so busy riding your hate wagon, you have failed entirely to understand that an abused person will often leave the issue alone because it is painful for them to consider at all, meaning that it is entirely within the realms of reasonableness and comprehension, for an abused person to only speak out at the last minute, because they were hoping not to have to speak out at all. But never mind the human condition, never mind the human element, never mind putting yourself in someone elses shoes for a moment, nope. Lets ignore all that, put our humanity aside for a moment, and deal with this in the most inhuman and intolerable manner possible instead!

Your approach to this subject is disgracefully absent in compassion, empathy and humanity.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Well.....there is something to be said about makimg extreme allegations with zero proof. Shes well educated...im sure she knew the heat she would take by waiting 35 years to even mention it. You just dont make strong allegations without strong proof.

Assuming thats what happened anyway. Because honestly....compassion/empathy can take a 3rd row backseat to truth and the rights of the accused.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

All right, let me make this really simple, so there can be no confusion, and I will use facts only here.

1) It is more common for a victim of abuse to remain silent for years and years, than it is for them to report the crime immediately, or indeed at all.

2) Given point one, it is unreasonable and utterly unacceptable to be more angry with someone coming forward, than you are prepared to ensure proper investigation of the claims is completed, and deal with the fallout regardless of what it is.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Its also not unvommon to trot out victims when politically expedient only to see them vanish when expediency has passed.

Knowing this...someone deciding to come forward has to expect it to be ugly. The opprtunity to investigate pretty much ended whem she destroyed evidence by changing clothes.

The rights of the accused still must reign supreme. Its the law of our land

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

All right, let me make this really simple, so there can be no confusion, and I will use facts only here.

1) It is more common for a victim of abuse to remain silent for years and years, than it is for them to report the crime immediately, or indeed at all.

2) Given point one, it is unreasonable and utterly unacceptable to be more angry with someone coming forward, than you are prepared to ensure proper investigation of the claims is completed, and deal with the fallout regardless of what it is.

While she has the right to be heard, we need to stop giving people that come forward a big lead in the fight......way to many liars, way too many times a woman has lied to destroy a career and her motivation for coming forward is raising a BIG eyebrow.

We live in a country where there are avenues to report these things.....if people only hear one side of the story, we may as well not be America anymore.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Why did Dr. Ford wait?

You try to put a trauma behind you for all your life, then you see that the cause of that trauma (a man who tried to rape you) will gain a powerful position that will, at some point, negatively affect a very large number of people and women.

Seeing such a person elevated as such is a good reason to come forward.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
All politics aside, I'm hoping to high hell all the hooplah surrounding not being taken seriously after waiting years/decades spurs victims of either gender to hit up a police station immediately from now on out of fear of being written off as an opportunist down the road. Credibility is a fickle thing, once you ruin it, you ruin it.

Unfortunately, between those opportunistic claims, and pervasive self-shame that society upholds (by making it culturally ok for victims to never report) there is a LOT of self-made credibility damage that has been done. The Boy Who Cried Wolf (Many Years Later) has effectively come to life.

As harsh as it is to have anyone utter this, you reap what you sow. The current atmosphere was born of piss-poor choices made long ago, and not just by forceful attackers.
edit on 9/29/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Stand alone, the inherit problem isn't the amount of time Ford has taken to come forward with her allegations. The problem is Ford appears to have gone through the Democrats political machinery, and their was no effort made to have a interdependent mental health professional verify her state of mind caused by the alleged incident. The other major issue is the length of time the allegations were sat on before entering the public arena is politically suspect to say the least.

If Ford is telling the truth, she has either received the worse possible advice or none at all, so she has let the appearance of a unethical political hit job come to the forefront of many people's thinking.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I am avoiding my Twitter account for the next week or so. The debate around Ford's allegations against kavanaugh is bringing out repulsive arguments from a variety of people. Politically left wing crazies are demanding anybody accused of rape or sexual assault must prove their innocence. Others are willing to dismiss just about any kind of behavior as "boys will be boys" and so on.

Sanity and the middle ground (the center of politics) is vanishing in the U.S. , and the allegations against kavanaugh may well end up as a turning point for the worse.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

You are talking about 2 different issues here. Dr. Ford didn't wait entirely. She told a therapist, though that also was after many years. She says she came forward because it was important if he was to be on the highest court.
I think women have had enough, so to speak. Sexual abuse wasn't much recognized until the 80's. Since then, it has only partially been addressed.
When I was young, there was a lot of attention paid to something called "frigidity". It was nothing more than the consequence of wide spread sexual abuse. This started with Freud, who when confronted with the issue, refused to acknowledge it. Instead he came up with an elaborate theory involving "hysteria".

Dr Ford isn't entirely responsible for the delay. I believe Senator Feinstein's office recognized the lack of substance in the charges and sat on it, calculating that they could use it to cause a delay. Watch and see if they attempt some other delay.

In the case of Weinstein, these women were to varying degrees willing participants. One women actually video'd part of her encounter. It was obvious to me that she was doing nothing to counter the impression she was willing to have sex with him.

This whole issue won't really play out until the issue of Pederasty/Homosexual rape joins the me too movement. Rape is very much part of the homosexual community. (I estimate that a homosexual is 10x more likely to commit a rape or be raped)

I am expecting a "November Surprise". Once again, the Left/MSM will likely fail to recognize the political shift. I won't comment on what is different compared to 2016, but it's not what you think.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

The more I read into it the more I think this is true:

If Ford is telling the truth, she has either received the worse possible advice or none at all, so she has let the appearance of a unethical political hit job come to the forefront of many people's thinking.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...
"Under oath, Ford made it clear that her lawyers, plus Rep. Anna Eshoo, D-Calif., and Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., were the only people to whom she sent the letter."

To me this makes sense, she sent it to senators in her state and it seemed to explode from there, not by her choice. It seems she wanted to remain anonymous. Yes she may have gone through the Democrats political machinery, but was it as part of a great plan as many believe?

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

Statue of limitations is past,she knows it wouldnt do any good to file with the police.she probaly wouldve never said anything if he was not nominated for the supreme court .

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
What Goes Up Always Comes Down.....instead of Mr perfect family guy soccer dad, she knows him as the spoiled rich kid that wants to be a supreme judge....a woman's scorn Flip side of the coin.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

you'd want a really good reason to do so... like your rapist getting nominated to a position of immeasurable power.

I could believe that.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

So, let me make sure I have a clear idea of what you are saying.

No, I am saying nothing of the sort. I'm saying that DF is the one who dug her up, as a fellow DNC activist, and they conspired together to put forth this narrative, based on something that happened to her, that they then decided to pin on the candidate, at the 11th hour, to disrupt the process, because the Dems simply had nothing else left in their playbook.

Your approach to this subject is disgracefully absent in compassion, empathy and humanity.

No, the weaponization of bogus accusations is what is absent in compassion, empathy, and humanity.

The idea that she feels sick about an incident of being groped by a 17 yr old, when she was 15, and they were both at a party with alcohol (at that age)....and that she waited 36 years to come out with it (and when she did, it was to a Senator)....and that's even IF everything she said was true....is RIDICULOUS.

SERIOUSLY, how can you read this and think anything else? I mean, to not see this for the planned political hit job it is, I mean...one would have to take serious leave of all of their senses.

SHE WAS NOT RAPED. No matter how many times the Dems try to spin this, even her own accusations bear this out. So tired of hearing all this frickin' FEELINGS nonsense about a damn alleged GROPE that from all evidence so far, didn't even happen!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join