It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kavanaugh hearing ripped the mask off the Republican party

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

What do I think?

That this writer, and I use the term loosely, thinks that many, even most (he's probably right), of us didn't watch the hearings, both yesterday, and before...

Again, very much a case of telling people what they should think.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Namdru

What hearing were you watching, again??

Certainly wasn't the same one I was watching. That whole post was straight out of the sound bite book. Original.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Let's hope he just does his job.

Vengeance isn't what the supreme court is about. As you should know.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
What is the American people's recourse for the years and years of having our intellect raped by the illiberal left?

#MeThree

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The first rule of journalism is to report the TRUTH.

Cnn clearly doesn't do that.

Truth neo, you think the media job is to report truth, no wonder you are confused.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Namdru

It's a terrible left hook to the Bully State, of which the the current president is a prime example. Wealthy, narcissistic, arrogant, mostly white guys in the 50's and older who feel entitled to anything they can snatch or grab, and who cultivate a shared private sense of amorality, whilst making maudlin displays of piety and patriotism in public. These are proto-fascist personalities and they must be tripped up, discouraged and humiliated at every possible turn.

Even assuming I agreed with the majority of that (and I'm not sure I do) the pathological cynic in me tends to think there's nothing redeemable in this entire rotten establishment and even the people who claim it as their solemn duty to do the tripping are exactly the same types of people deep down and are just maneuvering to get the particular flavor of authoritarianism that they'd prefer instead.

Been on the internet way too long to not be cynical and look for ulterior motives everywhere. The fact of the matter is that when you get close to power and you start probing the motives of the people who actually want it, you tend to either not like what you see or not understand what you see in the deepest possible way (and in many cases, refuse to acknowledge it).

My point is this. Anyone who wants power is probably bad news. Anyone who wants to influence power tends to have that same narcissistic personality that everyone hates so much (because they really do believe that they know best and that's always ultimately bad in a doer or a facilitator).

Me? I won't deny that I am something of a social saboteur. I think the entire idea of civilization is stupid and unworkable and will ultimately only lead to a situation like what we have here. IOW, this is as good as it can ever get. If you HAVE TO have a government, you would hope and pray that the people running it are despised and mistrusted and watched very carefully. Otherwise, the average person on the street will never hear about all the ways they're getting screwed.

You DO NOT want a popular and loved president. Show me one who is popular and loved and I promise you that guy is just a master manipulator. I may not be able to prove it but that's the whole point. You don't want that guy in charge of your life.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: Guyfriday

To each is their own.

IMO, it is time to take off the kid gloves. Once we've cemented our positions, we can work on ensuring no domestic threat to our Constitution ever arises again. We have more than enough statehouses to call a convention, ratify changes and make the Bill of Rights entirely and absolutely immutable and absolute. For instance, their attacks on free speech, their attacks on free ownership of military weaponry, their attacks on privacy, their attacks on the notion of limited government, their attacks on the notion of government-exists-for-certain-reasons-only-not-to-enact-a-broad-will.... all of those threats to our liberties could be eliminated with a simple Constitutional amendment ensuring the Bill of Rights is seen properly as being immutable and set in stone. Further, we could pass the balanced budget amendment, essentially crushing the fingers of bureaucracy (the west's most diabolical and pure evil creation) by not permitting it to spend a dime more than it has on hand. No more borrowing ungodly amounts of money in the name of the American public.

Uh, in a word, NO. In two words, HELL NO!

If the government of today will not follow the letter and intent of the current US Constitution, who in their right mind would believe that the government of tomorrow would follow the letter and intent of a NEW US Constitution? We don't need a Constitutional Convention to change anything. We just need to put people in office that understand the Constitution and will ENFORCE what it says RIGHT NOW.

Any attempt to have a Constitutional Convention is just a smoke screen to legitimize the ignoring of the existing US Constitution that is already happening by removing the sections they are already ignoring.

When they call it a "Con Con", they are NOT kidding!

edit on 29-9-2018 by Rich Z because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Perhaps if you want to deal in truth you should watch this first.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

What do I think?

That this writer, and I use the term loosely, thinks that many, even most (he's probably right), of us didn't watch the hearings, both yesterday, and before...

Again, very much a case of telling people what they should think.

I have always said the media both right and left COUNT on a large part of the populace not paying attention , so they can lead them by the nose.

Its even worse today than it has ever been...........

People really really really need to educate themselves

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

I'll give it a watch tomorrow while having my lunch.

Can you give a quick summary of the bombshells?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
It's pretty in depth. Gist of it, she has background & connections that would be the sole motivation to slander any Trump pick. Think Deep state. It's a bombshell what is revealed!

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I think the title is misleading. It should say

The Kavanaugh hearing has shown how spiteful and vengeful the left have become!

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I think the title is misleading. It should say

The Kavanaugh hearing has shown how spiteful and vengeful the left have become!

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

This hearing is the same as Hillary's Deplorables misstep. It won more votes for the Republicans than the Democrats. Good job Democrats!

edit on 4-10-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
6 days later and Ford has disgraced herself along with the fine Democratic leadership.
Perjured herself, backed by no one's testimony, complete crap show with infantile behaviors during testimony.
It's not even a circus, it's a for-real FREAK SHOW.
Go crawl back in whatever hole in academia you crawled from venomous harpy.
Can we strip her citizenship for this?
Seems appropriate to me.
edit on 4-10-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I'm a lady, I've actually been assaulted, Dr Fraud WAS LYING HER BUTT OFF. You can't fool us, CNN, by playing the woman card.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

" What are your thoughts ATS? "

( Scratches Butt , then gets another Beer ) .........YAWN....

edit on 4-10-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join