It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch Police Have Arrested Seven Men Suspected of Plotting a Major Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I thought it had been a little quiet on this front;

Seven men were arrested Thursday in the Netherlands on suspicion of plotting a large-scale extremist attack that Dutch prosecutors said they think was foiled following a months-long investigation.

...The investigation was launched by intelligence suggesting the alleged ring leader, a 34-year-old man of Iraqi heritage, wanted to carry out an attack at the site of a large event and cause multiple casualties, according to the statement.

The suspects allegedly wanted to use bomb vests and assault rifles to do harm at the event, and planned to detonate a car bomb at another location, prosecutors said. An investigation of potential targets was continuing.

...Prosecutors said the suspects ranged in age from 21 to 34. Three of them, including the 34-year-old Iraqi, were previously convicted of attempting to travel overseas to join extremist networks.

The men were attempting to obtain AK47 assault rifles, handguns, bomb vests, grenades and raw materials for bombs and were looking for opportunities to train with such weapons, according to the statement.

Prosecutors said that the investigation sped up this month because of the suspects’ “advanced preparations.”

Source - With Video

It seems an odd situation when three of them were previously convicted of attempting to travel overseas to join extremist networks, so clearly a threat of some sort, yet they weren't in prison in order to protect the local population.

Why not just ship them home and hand them over to the proper authorities?

As the late-great Carl Sagan once said, 'we live in an increasingly mad and dangerous world'.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: eigor12

I'm unsure what to do with this information,

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

(post by eigor12 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

btw

Started this thread in the predictions forum on sept 20th about a bomb going off in a shopping centre or large centre of some sort... maybe it's been averted!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

I am glad they were able to do something preventive before innocent people died. I also have to wonder how many of the little darlings were named Mohamed and how long had they lived in country ?

top topics

join