It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alan Dershowitz: Postpone Kavanaugh confirmation until FBI can investigate accusations against him

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Flatcoat

no its not and that is not what Joe Biden was saying with their pick and choose of that conversation.
He was saying they dont convict. They dont make recommendation they present the evidence to a body of law that does except for two summers ago when they not only decided the outcome they bypassed the protocol to give the info to the DOJ and just exonerated and convicted her in the same breath on TV but we wont let that come into the equation. The FBI doesnt get involved. Except when they do. Like in the Clarence Thomas Anita Hill investigation.
enough with the BS.

Right, so why haven't they filed a report with the Maryland PD? The one's who should be investigating the allegations.

link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Evidence. Proof. Given the length of time since the allegations were to have taken place, you would need to rely on witnesses.

The ones who've been pointed present denied the woman's account.

FBI investigations exist to collect evidence and proof...

link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

That friend has not been questioned so how are you coming up with this? More info from True Pundit or Daily Caller?
Is her friend refusing to testify like Kavanaughs friend Mark Judge is refusing to testify?
edit on 9282018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
What are they going to investigate?

They can't even provide where or when it happened more than 30 years ago. The identified witnesses deny it happened. They could file a police report in the state any time but haven't. The FBI has investigated the accused life 6 times already, and found nothing in his past to report.

Democrats sat on these allegations until the last minute because they knew it was a case that would go nowhere, but could still be used to stall the confirmation process, maybe even force republicans to withdraw the nomination. They didn't consider they might destroy people's lives in the process and obviously didn't care.

There's NOTHING the FBI can investigate here, but the time it would take would help the democrats.

If they're so sure he is guilty, let them impeach him from the court. (They can't and won't)

Forget the politics here people. Don't be stupid pawns in their games.

link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Why bring in the FBI, when they have no reason to investigate? Has she filed charges?... or just made accusations? Why won't she file an official charge with the local LEO? They've offered to take her statement and investigate, but she just keeps up the "poor me" sh**show that the Dems are using to delay the vote till November, hoping to be back in power. It's a smear campaign. Period.

Lie.
Delay.
Obstruct.

"By Any Means"...right?

Because that is what Ford requested and that is who Congress would tell to investigate it. It's really not that hard to understand unless you are being deliberately obtuse.

link   

oh if you believe it or not the first vote will occur in less than an hour

you can be salty about it or you can accept defeat
the choice is yours

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Evidence. Proof. Given the length of time since the allegations were to have taken place, you would need to rely on witnesses.

Like?

link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yes, that friend was questioned.

The Judicial Committee has a staff of professional investigators. They investigated. They questioned the named witnesses under penalty of felony and got their statements.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Is there anything to go on other than the accusers oral statement? Any facts or evidence at all?

No, there isn't, because it never happened.

They can't fabricate evidences in a case like this other than paying witnesses to tell a scripted story, just like they did with Ms. Ford and the other accusers.

Anyone who disagrees with it is very welcome to prove me otherwise, with ANY corroborations, indications, or proof of veracity in her story. Ya, I know, there's none.

link   

Should we also wait for an FBI investigation for the second accuser? How about the third accuser? The fourth?

link   

I'm frankly SHOCKED that I'm posting a Fox News opinion article from Alan Dershowitz, but here we are.

Don't be, I've seen him on both FOX and CNN and he's always consistent with his explanations on law, the Constitution and how each should be applied. His opinions piss off one side or the other depending on which pom-poms the person in question happens to have.

edit on 28-9-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Like?

Like subpoenaed testimony from Mark Judge.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

So she leaked her identity and the letter lol you far left nuts crack me up

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes

Should we also wait for an FBI investigation for the second accuser? How about the third accuser? The fourth?

Sure. We need to get to the bottom of Kavanaugh's character. It's not my fault that Trump nominated a privileged sleeze ball with a ton of skeletons in his closet.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Already happened.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

I'd say the same to you guys, but your clear lack of compassion for someone's victimhood just makes me sad.

link   
a reply to: avgguy

No it didn't. A written statement saying "I didn't do it!" isn't a subpoenaed testimony and if you think it is you have laughable standards of evidence.
edit on 28-9-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   

Like?

Like subpoenaed testimony from Mark Judge.

"Brett Kavanaugh and I were friends in high school, but we have not spoken directly in several years. I do not recall the events described by Dr. Ford in her testimony before the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee today," his letter states. "I never saw Brett act in the manner Dr. Ford describes."

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: shooterbrody

That friend has not been questioned so how are you coming up with this? More info from True Pundit or Daily Caller?

lol
guess you missed out on the must see tv
Leland Keyser submitted a sworn statement
www.washingtonpost.com... m_term=.17640d6baf5a

Ms. Keyser does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr. Ford.

when your own friend wont stand up for you its game over

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

That isn't what I'm talking about and you know it. Mark Judge can be grilled and interviewed under oath just like Brett and Ford. A written statement is bunk bullcrap for someone looking to confirm their biases. You guys are desperate not to get a full accounting of this situation. It is beyond obvious with how you guys are reaching here.
edit on 28-9-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join