It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hayabusa 2 Rovers Send New Images from Asteroid Ryugu Surface...AMAZING!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I'm presuming the light source is the sun?
How far out is the asteroid if it took 3yrs to get there?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKWO1Phot
I'm presuming the light source is the sun?
How far out is the asteroid if it took 3yrs to get there?

It's actually a near-Earth asteroid, and it orbits somewhere between within the Earth's orbit and near Mars' orbit. The reason it took 3 years for Hayabusa 2 is that it used gravitational assists in order to conserve fuel and gradually catch up to the asteroid. en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 28-9-2018 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Thank you. Amazing!

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I already see what looks to be a space helmet and breathing apparatus!!
Just kidiing, awesome thread!

GD

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It is- the landers were small and are sending back amazing pics. This looks to be a "rubble pile" asteroid. I remember growing up during the Pioneer/Voyager days and being amazed by the pictures. Since then, there has been Galileo, Cassini and New Horizons. The pictures we are getting back now will hopefully inspire a new generation of enthusiasts.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Amazing times we live in. On the brink of making universal discoveries; while also on the brink of total self-annihilation.

Thank you for sharing the better side of it all!
edit on 28-9-2018 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Awesome find! Thanks for the post!! These pictures are the true definition of such an overused word, "awesome"

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Sure is! Asteroids tumble and wobble pretty fast. That kangaroo jumping probe is interesting too. Seems like it should jump and never come down again.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   
So cool! Hopefully they’ll eventually send a live stream video!

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masisoar
This is really awesome! I just hope those looking for things that aren't there do not start speculating that oddly shaped landscape features look like tires, pillars, and garden hoes.

I assume you mean whether the alien whose shadow we see at the end of the OP is carrying a briefcase or something else? Yeah, I wouldn't want to speculate on what she's carrying!

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Masisoar

Too late... I have already observed a Gingerbread cottage with wicked witch, riding a ride-on lawnmower across her beautifully manicured front lawn....For reals folks.. I'll update the image and mark the outlines of them out laters..

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

That is just awesome to see thanks Sky. We need to focus on other things like this now. The Skull asteroid is coming soon too.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
BullS***

This is fake. The images they take of near Earth objects is like pixel grainy stuff barely legible.

This is a computerized image of something somewhere, but not in space and not thousands of miles away.

Not me, but several have argued for the grainy images being the truth. But we think NASA had better camera's than that like this would indicate the Japanese used.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Osirisvset
Very cool, some of those rocks almost look like they're water worn, river rocks. Maybe worn down over millennia by space dust?

As for picture quality, the Japanese are the masters of technology, if anyone can take hi-def crystal clear pics in space it's definitely them.

Looking forward to hearing/seeing more, hard to believe it's an actual comet hurtling through the void.

I'm pretty sure I see the garden gnome too!

If there was an Exploded planet as Velikovsky wrote of an event like that, then this fits that theory. A Theory that appears plausible to me.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
Very cool images. It must be mentioned that they looks like that because of fish-eye lens.

Here's one of the images adjusted for lens correction and angle: twitter.com...

Looks like the bottom of a goldfish tank

That's the unfortunate thing with all this fake CGI. The actual real scientific images can never compete even when millions are spent.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Yay. More rocks. Interesting. I just don't get the whole point of this. Every new discovery, is just a ball of rocks. Go to Mars...rocks, go to the moon...what do they collect? More rocks. We have those here. Even if they find any small organisms or anything, it never amounts to anything more than discussion of possible life...but when all the smoke has cleared...we still have just more rocks.
edit on 29-9-2018 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Look at mans history, we have always liked rocks

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
BullS***

This is fake. The images they take of near Earth objects is like pixel grainy stuff barely legible.

This is a computerized image of something somewhere, but not in space and not thousands of miles away.

Dude you're sooo right, the Earth's flat anyways and asteroids don't even exist. Waste of money if you ask me.

Everyone knows the only way off earth is via Mandela's magical tentacles. Then you're only going to a different earth anyways... Maybe one where humans are called ducks and everyone's friggin quackers.

But on a serious note, seems you're talking about images taken via telescopes. That happen to be looking through the atmosphere? If not it'll be space based telescopes of which I'm sure non are designed to take images of "tiny" space rocks... Did I mention telescopes magnify or "enlarge" images otherwise difficult to detect?

Yeah... This spacecraft is within spitting distance of this rock, it also landed 2 rovers on said rock. That's like point blank photography compared to the super long shot stuff you're trying to compare to.

Just... Haha. You're funny.

Op, thanks for posting. This is fascinating and there's only more to come, some fascinating stuff in the pipeline and this?

It's just the start, another proof of concept kind of thing
life ain't all doom and gloom.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
That's just awsome, i mean dammmmm. That's so cool im kinda at a loss jere

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I love this. The things I’ve dreamed of seeing since Halley’s Comet came around when I was a kid. Just fascinating.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join