It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Temporal Reality, The Greatest Teacher

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Hello

I'd like to try something. A small experiment...

Get as relaxed and comfortable as you can were you're located. Deep breath, now try to remember a time in your youth as a child where you were day dreaming. The memory and experience is unique only to you. A time where your mind seemed to drift. When you were only vaguely aware of your surroundings and events...

How well did you recall the event?

Try again.

In the present, while recalling the moment. How does it make you feel? Does it seem more than just a memory? Did you feel a slight calming effect? Did you feel a bit more relaxed?

TIME...

Lately I've been feeling an up-welling of thoughts and ideas. So, I've decided to spew these thoughts here with you. Today I'd like to discuss some thoughts I've had over the years about time and how its illusion has entrapped us. Science now tells us that our brain may function on a quantum level. I've recently posted a couple of threads expounding on various extensions of this possible new reality.

Supposedly our consciousness can influence reality, The observer influences the observed. Energy cannot be destroyed or created only transferred or changed from one form to another. Where do your thoughts come from and thusly, where do they go once you're done with them? I've wondered if when in the above experiment. You, in the present, stopped for a moment and observed your past self...

Did you cause the "Day dream" moment by simply focusing on it? If our brains function on the Quantum level then time as we know it, theoretically does not effect it. Not really. Not on the quantum level anyway. Is it possible that when we recalled that moment we accessed the same "Quantum material" being used at that exact same moment in the past and brought forth the memory? In doing so, caused our past selves to go into a state of "Day dreaming" in essence we temporally [Hijacked] ourselves.

I know a bit weird, but lets continue.

If this is possible then this should also run forward in time as well. Again, Can you recall a moment when you felt Deja vu? I've never met a single person that has never experienced it. I've read quite a bit on how some Scientist and Medical professionals attempt to rationalize it. Is it possible that that type of experience of "being or seeing the experience before" is simply that, your past self had previously accessed the future event through Quantum means so that when the event occurred the individual felt the familiarity? But this time because of it happening forward rather than reverse in time, it is a bit unsettling?

Then, The experience in an instance becomes the past again.

How about this one...

Whenever, in the past, you've felt Butterflies for no reason, then out of the blue, you hear from someone or receive something you really wanted as a gift etc etc etc? It becomes a fond cherished memory that you can later recall. How about if, during your recalling of the event you're unkowingly giving yourself a bit of a "Temporal" heads up through some sort of quantum entanglement?

Or..

Whenever in the past, you were up to no good, or did something you really shouldn't have, there was that bit of trepidation before hand that you ignored and then rationalized yourself into doing it and later regretting. What if, that which we call our "conscious" isn't simply our future/present self trying stop ourselves from ever saying or doing that and in a way tried to influence the event that we later/presently regret in a vain attempt to avoid the negative outcome?

Higher Power

Oh, to be young again, If I only knew then what I know now. I would have done things differently. The wise can only teach those who are willing to listen. Are you your own wise teacher? Are you listening to your wiser more experienced self trying to guide you to avoid certain pitfalls in life?

Is intuition simply the ability to listen to our wiser older future self?

*We Will Intuitively Know How to Handle Situations That Used to Baffle Us.

edit on 27-9-2018 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
You are posting on ATS ...

There is much weirder stuff on the boards.

Retrospective wisdom is not embraced on one end.

The other gains relief in hindsight ...

Life eh !??

ED: nice to see you back ... 😊
edit on 27-9-2018 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I had an odd moment today when an old song came on and for the first time in years, it brought on a feeling, a certain emotion I haven't felt in years.

It felt familiar, warm and welcoming . But , in a dark ,brooding kind of way. It was nostalgic . Some memories came flooding back that had long been forgotten.

Weird you post this.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Music has a powerful influence .

Mainly on our subconscious...

Think theme music or Rocky ... Top Gun etc.

😎

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Timely

I'm writing a nice thread on time. It's way out there. ATS is a great place to toss ideas around. It's good to be back. I've been reading a lot more than posting lately. I'll start jumping into others threads on various topics soon.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

Music has a powerful influence .

Mainly on our subconscious...

Think theme music or Rocky ... Top Gun etc.

😎

It was more.... I don't know.

Here is the song.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Oh, to be young again, If I only knew then what I know now. I would have done things differently. The wise can only teach those who are willing to listen. Are you your own wise teacher? Are you listening to your wiser more experienced self trying to guide you to avoid certain pitfalls in life? Is intuition simply the ability to listen to our wiser older future self?

I use to think that. But to be honest, I wouldn't change a thing. It has lead me to a path of my one true love. No regrets.
Guess I am lucky that way.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
I use to think that. But to be honest, I wouldn't change a thing. It has lead me to a path of my one true love. No regrets.
Guess I am lucky that way.

Ahhh..

But that works too.

Did your future self lead you to your present situation?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I'll start jumping into others threads on various topics soon.

Avoid the political ones at all costs! They make you lose inhibition as a writer

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Hello

I'd like to try something. A small experiment...

Get as relaxed and comfortable as you can were you're located. Deep breath, now try to remember a time in your youth as a child where you were day dreaming. The memory and experience is unique only to you. A time where your mind seemed to drift. When you were only vaguely aware of your surroundings and events...

How well did you recall the event?

Try again.

In the present, while recalling the moment. How does it make you feel? Does it seem more than just a memory? Did you feel a slight calming effect? Did you feel a bit more relaxed?

TIME...

Lately I've been feeling an up-welling of thoughts and ideas. So, I've decided to spew these thoughts here with you. Today I'd like to discuss some thoughts I've had over the years about time and how its illusion has entrapped us. Science now tells us that our brain may function on a quantum level. I've recently posted a couple of threads expounding on various extensions of this possible new reality.

Supposedly our consciousness can influence reality, The observer influences the observed. Energy cannot be destroyed or created only transferred or changed from one form to another. Where do your thoughts come from and thusly, where do they go once you're done with them? I've wondered if when in the above experiment. You, in the present, stopped for a moment and observed your past self...

Did you cause the "Day dream" moment by simply focusing on it? If our brains function on the Quantum level then time as we know it, theoretically does not effect it. Not really. Not on the quantum level anyway. Is it possible that when we recalled that moment we accessed the same "Quantum material" being used at that exact same moment in the past and brought forth the memory? In doing so, caused our past selves to go into a state of "Day dreaming" in essence we temporally [Hijacked] ourselves.

I know a bit weird, but lets continue.

If this is possible then this should also run forward in time as well. Again, Can you recall a moment when you felt Deja vu? I've never met a single person that has never experienced it. I've read quite a bit on how some Scientist and Medical professionals attempt to rationalize it. Is it possible that that type of experience of "being or seeing the experience before" is simply that, your past self had previously accessed the future event through Quantum means so that when the event occurred the individual felt the familiarity? But this time because of it happening forward rather than reverse in time, it is a bit unsettling?

Then, The experience in an instance becomes the past again.

How about this one...

Whenever, in the past, you've felt Butterflies for no reason, then out of the blue, you hear from someone or receive something you really wanted as a gift etc etc etc? It becomes a fond cherished memory that you can later recall. How about if, during your recalling of the event you're unkowingly giving yourself a bit of a "Temporal" heads up through some sort of quantum entanglement?

Or..

Whenever in the past, you were up to no good, or did something you really shouldn't have, there was that bit of trepidation before hand that you ignored and then rationalized yourself into doing it and later regretting. What if, that which we call our "conscious" isn't simply our future/present self trying stop ourselves from ever saying or doing that and in a way tried to influence the event that we later/presently regret in a vain attempt to avoid the negative outcome?

Higher Power

Oh, to be young again, If I only knew then what I know now. I would have done things differently. The wise can only teach those who are willing to listen. Are you your own wise teacher? Are you listening to your wiser more experienced self trying to guide you to avoid certain pitfalls in life?

Is intuition simply the ability to listen to our wiser older future self?

*We Will Intuitively Know How to Handle Situations That Used to Baffle Us.
I believe that to some extent we can change the past. Sort of like...the me I am now wouldn't have been thinking, feeling, acting like that back then...so maybe I didn't. The Bible says "All things work together for good..." and "all things" would include the past, present and future working together...and on a quantum level that makes sense.
And as far as the mind... I'm not sure if it actually exists in the brain but rather in an energy field of some sort outside our bodies( actually our bodies reside within this field) and our brain is the physical receiver/transmitter that enables us to access our mind. And I don't think our minds exist separately in this field but are entangled to some degree.
edit on 9/27/2018 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

β€œThere was a young lady named Bright, Whose speed was far faster than light; She set out one day. In a relative way, And returned on the previous night.”
-- H. Reginald Buller,

(Yes. It appears that Stevie Hawking used a modified version of that quote, in his book: "A brief history of my naughty collegiate escapades.)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Good on ya mate !

You have been sorely missed ! .... 😎

link   

link   
Triple post !!

Winning!

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

I'll start jumping into others threads on various topics soon.

Avoid the political ones at all costs! They make you lose inhibition as a writer

Nice read, good to see the profile/you surviving SLAYER69

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   

An interesting thread.

I have often thought; what if I could project into the future and pick Lotto numbers.

But using the Many Worlds Theory, I've probably already won a large prize and another me has branched off another world.

The more difficult task I think is sending messages back to your younger self - not to make the errors that wisdom has shown you.

Lately I've been feeling an up-welling of thoughts and ideas

Possibly a future you is motivating you now, thats why it feels so strong....LOL

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

The Bible says "All things work together for good..." and "all things" would include the past, present and future working together

Even the bible writers were new age thinkers, wishy washy....no justice.

What I mean by that is there have been long periods throughout history of gross injustice and death/sickness.

To me the bible was written as a control mechanism by the ones influenced by the "Logos" of this Planet.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

The Bible says "All things work together for good..." and "all things" would include the past, present and future working together

Even the bible writers were new age thinkers, wishy washy....no justice.

What I mean by that is there have been long periods throughout history of gross injustice and death/sickness.

To me the bible was written as a control mechanism by the ones influenced by the "Logos" of this Planet.
It's actually a book of "cheats" on how to use Creation to our best advantage. For example one of the more powerful tools available to us is making the conscious decision to "give thanks continually" and mean it... especially when you don't want to... which will have an immediate and powerful positive effect on your psyche in spite of yourself. It actually energizes you.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

now try to remember a time in your youth as a child where you were day dreaming. The memory and experience is unique only to you. A time where your mind seemed to drift. When you were only vaguely aware of your surroundings and events...

It is the beginning of the school year , first grade , I think.
All the kids have been issued their Dick and Jane
book. Brand new books with crisp clean pages. So the teacher has all of the kids
arrange their chairs in a circle. Plan was to have each kid read a portion
of the book out loud. So I'm chillin' waiting on my turn to read,
and I figure what the hey, this is a perfect time to clean the dirt from
underneath my fingernails. I proceed with my personal hygiene ,utilizing
a crisp clean page corner on my book to scrape away at the dirt.
The teacher did scold me when she eventually saw what I was doing,
but wow, I remember being so relaxed, just cleaning my fingernails,
and chillin, to the ambient voices of my fellow classmates
taking their turns reading.

It makes me laugh every time i remember this.
I think that I must have bought the "chill out package"
This time around.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I agree with the whole post - giving gratitude - common to many empowering books and philosophies

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join