It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Busted Taking IEDs for a Drive

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I'm so glad that I'm not alone with those kind of thoughts. Not that I think this particular case is an example of such a thing but it sure does have the foundation to where it could be a psy op or even a case of the feds just doin their thing. I can't recall a case where the feds actually stopped a "terrorist attack" that they didn't actually manufacture.

Similar to the case with the compound in the desert, where they released the 5 adults but only after the feds leveled the compound and then turned around and charged them. To me, that was a case of the local police stumbling upon something the feds were neck deep involved with. This guy got busted because the cop happened to pull him over for an expired tag.

Another thing that didn't really add up to me is that he's facing 4 felonies and is only facing a max of 10 years but he's got a half million dollar bond? That seems kind of excessive for only looking at 10 years.

Personal experience...I got caught up in a HUGE misunderstanding and ended up having numerous charges thrown at me, including a level 2 felony. I was looking at 30 years just on that charge. My bail was set at $40k. Again, it was a major misunderstanding and once the prosecutor realized I was telling the truth, the charges were dropped. Gotta say that it was definitely a scary time knowing that I hadn't done anything wrong but was looking at doing 30+ years depending on what I was going to have to face at trial. And even though there was no evidence of me having done anything wrong and the "victim" had told the prosecutor numerous times that they had not been wronged and that they would not be a witness for them, the prosecutor let me sweat it out until a couple of days before jury selection was to begin.
Anyways, I was looking at 30+ years and had a $40k bond. This guy is looking at a max of 10 years and has a $500k? Either they are wanting him to stay in jail to find "terrorist" ties or someone wants him to stay there so they can get a story straight before coming to get him out

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I absolutely agree! I understand that criminals tend to not be the smartest BUT you'd think of you are transporting something that is gonna get you in trouble, you'd make sure every light works, blinkers work, registration and insurance are up to date, etc. Why give them a reason to pull you over? They will give one if they really want to pull you over but why give them one? Just doesn't make sense.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Ia reply to: Tanga36
A high bond can be explained by the defendants means to flee the jurisdiction when considering his connections, net worth, and resources to do so. Or as is more often the case, a super angry judge.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Tanga36

Homemade bombs do not necessarily equate to terrorism.

I've made bombs, I've even made Tannerite when I was a younger, much more foolish person, and a friend and I once dug a ten foot by ten foot, 3 feet deep crater in a field with black powder and a home made fuse.

Now, I'm probably on a watch list somewhere...if I'm not already.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I was figuring that he probably doesn't have the kind of money that they'd set it high just because he can afford it(he was driving a Toyota Corolla), so they probably argued that he was a fight risk, I'd assume.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull
Who isn't at this point?? The AI on the black knight satellite tracks us All in real time anyways if we are carrying a signal transmiteer/receiver. You ping automatically if your pho e has the fingerprint reader anytime it touches.

Plus, we are on ats

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   

No, I agree that homemade bombs don't equal terrorism. I've made plenty of things that go boom in my day. But I never drove around with a device that would have been able to be considered a bomb or IED. Even my tannerite is always separated while traveling even though there's no chance it'd blow without someone randomly sniping at me while I'm driving. Also, I'm a white male, not a Middle Eastern, Muslim male like he is. You'd think that just on that criteria, he'd want to make sure that he didn't have anything that even resembled a bomb.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Who isn't at this point?? The AI on the black knight satellite tracks us All in real time anyways if we are carrying a signal transmiteer/receiver. You ping automatically if your pho e has the fingerprint reader anytime it touches.

Plus, we are on ats
Just being on ATS gets you put on a watch list. That's why I observed from the shadows for a decade before I finally signed up

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Double post

They're screwing with my WiFi as we speak!
edit on 9282018 by Tanga36 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   

True enough, nor did I, unless bicycling a few blocks counts?

I'll grant you all of that. If nothing else, it wasn't the brightest of moves.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tanga36
a reply to: Plotus

Ahhhh! Beaver dams! I forgot about those! I no longer live where I have water running through my property so I don't have to worry about those nuisance wood chiseling monsters any more, thank God! How I loathe them and the damage they cause!

But it is California and with the laws they have regarding the water rights, who knows what kind of issues you may run into for having explosive devices to clear a dammed up creek?

ETA also, it is Brea, California. Its in Orange county and looks to be pretty heavily populated. It's only 33 miles from LA so that's basically a neighborhood, right?

If it is California, those beavers would have land and water rights as well, backed up with full legal representation from PETA.

IED's could have been made from Tannerite. There are a few Youtube videos available; "Man blows up refrigerator" etc...

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Yeah, I'm not saying the guy had any terroristic ideas in his head but it sure doesn't look good for a Muslim male to be driving around with a couple of explosive devices when you are in a densely populated suburb of LA. I think that's the part that gets me is that if it were a rural area or one were close by, is probably not even think twice about it.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

I guess it really is possible that they'd claim a binary explosive as an IED. I honestly hadn't thought about that until a few of you have said it. In Cali, they'd probably call a "real" M-80 an IED or possibly even dynamite. Now I'm even more curious about what kind of "devices" he had!

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   
In the ktla story it says

The DA’s office described the bombs as “improvised explosive devices,” and said they were “containers covered in shrapnel.”

So, to me, they sound like they were probably some kind of pipe bombs.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Missed that...

That puts a whole 'nother color to this, doesn't it??

Damn.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   
On the link that highvein posted it says

"NBC noted that Ali “has two prior convictions in June 2003 in Passaic County, New Jersey, for aggravated assault with serious bodily injury and terrorist threats, according to court records.”

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I mean, pretty much anything could be considered an "improvised explosive device"... Even a can of gas. But yeah, the shrapnel part takes away from the stump removal or dam demo possibilities. Lol

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I have attempted to locate more information on his 2003 arrest but am having zero luck.
Plenty of arrests and detentions with the same name but not the same place, age, charges, etc.

Fun Fact: I did find a guy with the same name (part of it anyways) that was suing the crap out of everyone in the Federal government during the reign of GW and even up to Obama's administration. It looks like he may have been the first person held indefinitely as an "enemy combatant" after the Patriot Act was passed and was handing out lawsuits like they were candy on Halloween. Again, not the guy in this story, but still some interesting reading while attempting to find out more about this guy.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Common? No...but not totally unusual....hey...he could be a miner digging for that gold in Cal.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Now, I'm probably on a watch list somewhere...if I'm not already.

I know I'm on a watch list. It was part of the paperwork that I had to fill out when I got some training in the Navy. It was also the reason why the college I attended arraigned a work around to keep me from taking Chemistry once they saw my DD-214. I was trained on how to totally destroy downed aircraft and equipment that couldn't be recovered using improvised devices.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join