It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Cosby's Already Been Assaulted In Prison

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
It's a start at least. Should be beat down on the daily.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Its punishment. Not revenge. why should he get a break just because he's old?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Agreed.
Prison is supposed to be a deterrent...............if people hear that you can drug and rape people and then when convicted you just get to stay in your own home and eat rich gorgeous food then what's to prevent anyone from committing crime?

(post by BrianFlanders removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

So I guess we're basically admitting that we're just using prison for revenge at this point?

My understanding is that under the DOJ, they aim to rehabilitate juveniles, but punish adults.

It's a tricky line and I understand what you're saying.

For example, should a victim-less crime where someone has deemed no threat to society IE marijuana possession be met with prison where said "criminal" needs to be locked up with gang members, murders, rapists? Could this have a negative impact on the offender and make them worse in the long run.

On the other hand, do we feel that we could "fix" someone who has crossed the mental threshold to commit egregious acts such as rape, murder, or worse in my opinion, anything harming a child?

You could use Norway as a model to argue the latter, but remember that is a different culture and far smaller population.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

It's a tricky line and I understand what you're saying.

Well, thank you.

For example, should a victim-less crime where someone has deemed no threat to society IE marijuana possession be met with prison where said "criminal" needs to be locked up with gang members, murders, rapists? Could this have a negative impact on the offender and make them worse in the long run.

Obviously, yes. But I was looking at an even bigger picture and asking myself what effects this mindset has on people who aren't even in prison. Prison as a solution is not a solution at any level unless you never plan on letting them out.

On the other hand, do we feel that we could "fix" someone who has crossed the mental threshold to commit egregious acts such as rape, murder, or worse in my opinion, anything harming a child?

Well, our system treats rape and murder differently. Generally, murderers will get a life sentence (which they might as well just give them the death penalty at that point). Rapists (generally) don't get life sentences. Cosby essentially got a life sentence because he's an old ass man and will probably die of natural causes before he serves his time. Regardless of how we feel about it, a lot of these people are going to be released someday. If you have kids, someone who is sitting in prison right now might be their neighbor someday. Or, that person might be the creepy homeless guy who hangs out in various places because he can't get a job. Whatever the case may be, they'll be back on the streets and they'll probably do another crime sooner or later.

Does this have to be the outcome? I don't think it does. You know? I have a hard time with the concept that (as bad as it is) someone should get a life sentence for rape. But let's say that is the only solution that's going to work 100% with the current methodology. If we're not even trying to rehabilitate them and we let them go, what's going to happen? It would be dumb luck if they never re-offend.

I have a sister who has three kids. I would be willing to bet there's at least one sex offender within a 5 mile range of where they live simply because if you look at a sex offender registry, there are more of them out there than people might realize. And they generally don't have a lot left to lose.

edit on 28-9-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-9-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I've thought long and hard about those points, even before you've said them... So I completely understand where you're coming form and know the complications of our system too.

Privatizing the prisons was a bad step, there will be no incentive to do what we can to help the people who are in the system. There is essentially a slavery system set up at many facilitates where labor is required, they get paid pennies, and they have to spend dollars to make a phone call or dollars to buy a 30 cent ramen noodles package. I'm not saying we need to pay these men 40,000 a year, but maybe we could at least create a system where they get a decent amount of money if they put that to online schooling.

As far as Cosby goes, I do see your point, but unfortunately I'm going to have to take the other side.

He's rich, he got convicted of an egregious crime, I'm actually glad that for once there wasn't two systems, one for the rich, and one for the poor. He knows what he did, and he will pay for the actions. I don't think Mansion arrest would be much of a punishment. Maybe he should have solitary with extra care since he is disabled, but that is about as far as I can see it be compromised for him.

I think we need to seriously reform what we are doing with people who are non violent and commit victim-less crimes. Past that, I think there is more that can be done, but let's be honest, do we see our country doing it?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

You cannot seriously rehabilitate rapists and beasts through hence the reason they should simply throw away the key where their type is concerned.

As to Cosby's age, well there are plenty of other prisoners in the penal system doing time of a similar age, and 3-10 years hardly constitutes a life sentence.

That being said what about the other sexual deviants who have received life sentences for there crimes, are we simply to decide to let them go because they are old? That would kind of defeat the purpose of the imposed sentence in the first place would it not?

If you are going to drug and rape people then there needs to be an appropriate punishment no matter the age of the perpetrators concerned.
edit on 28-9-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Justice is societies form or revenge BrianFlanders.

The alternative being real justice which would equate to an eye for an eye.

And if it was most peoples daughter that the old bastard had drugged and tampered with real justice would probably equate to his life ending slowly by way of torcher.

So if you think about it he kind of got off easy whilst anarchy is also kept in check, kind of why we have laws in the first place really.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
We no longer live in an age, where money can make a problem go away...

Yes we do. Cosby got very close to the minimum sentence. 3 years, and he'll be out in 2 most likely.

2 years for everything he did is essentially getting away with it.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Why are prisoners not protected?
There should be cctv everywhere in prison so no one can get away with harming people in prison. Prison would be ok for anyone no matter how old or infirm if there was no threat of being beaten up by inmates.

Because Americans literally get off on the idea of prison beatings and rape, to many, that's the whole allure of prison as a punishment. Not as a time out, but as a place to be violated for years on end.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Justice is societies form or revenge BrianFlanders.

The alternative being real justice which would equate to an eye for an eye.

And if it was most peoples daughter that the old bastard had drugged and tampered with real justice would probably equate to his life ending slowly by way of torcher.

So if you think about it he kind of got off easy whilst anarchy is also kept in check, kind of why we have laws in the first place really.

Saudi arabia would disagree on that. They have eye for a eye and are not under anarchy. We need to take their lead,and punish robbers by cutting off a hand,and castrating rapist.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

What about bankers and politicians?

I mean if we degenerate to the level where we punish heinous criminals by cutting off body parts then there heads surely have to be departed from there shoulders considering their acts of depravity.

My point being, it's a slippery slope and not a direction any sensible first world culture should ever really entertain.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I am finding it very difficult to feel sorry for the fellow.

Given that he has received a sentence which could be over far too quickly, given the harm he caused over his lifetime, I am not inclined in the least bit to be concerned for his welfare. That is something he should have considered before drugging and interfering with women over a very long period of time. Perhaps if he had not spent his spare time in the pursuit of illegal sexual exploitation of other people, I would be less inclined to say "Who gives a rats arse, really?".

As it is, the hell with him. He bought his ticket, and he can feel free to ride till it breaks him.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Assault with a stale hot dog bun is one of the ultimate smitings in the cult of Discordianism.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
They know he has money, that was probably the first step in the direction of the shakedown for protection payments. Same thing happened to John Gotti and when he refused to continue doing so he was promptly assaulted, he resumed payments shortly there after.

Someone gets it, my brother was a CO and this kind of stuff happens all the time, star for you.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

What about bankers and politicians?

I mean if we degenerate to the level where we punish heinous criminals by cutting off body parts then there heads surely have to be departed from there shoulders considering their acts of depravity.

My point being, it's a slippery slope and not a direction any sensible first world culture should ever really entertain.

Removal of tongue for lying if i remember.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Need them to answer rather a few questions before removing their tongues all the same.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I find it very difficult to feel sorry for any rapist really.

Especially one of privilege that goes around drugging their victims which only adds to the creepiness of the whole affair.

3-10 years seems rather lenient if you ask me.

As to Cosby's age, well old people can drug their victims as easily as someone of younger years. So the danger he presents is obviously still a factor to consider, personally, i hope he does the full 10 years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join