It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sign me up Independent

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Sucks doesn't it? I'm an independent and can identify with some liberal and conservative views. However, neither of these corrupt and self-serving parties refuse to work together for the benefit of all Americans. They do more finger pointing and complaining than doing the job they're elected to do. Their party defines them instead of the citizens they represent.

Our political system is a joke and it's broken.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

its one of those deals where you cant really afford to use your vote for one of the minor candidates if the person next to you does not do the same.

That is the mindset that sets this country back.

You are NOT wasting your vote. If the person you vote for doesn't have a chance as a 3rd party, but can gather 5% of the popular vote, they will qualify their party for public federal election funding the next time around.

Money doesn't always buy an election, but it sure helps.

You still have a lot of researching to do my friend.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
You may add me to that list of former Democrats.

After these allegations came out earlier in the week, and late last week, I was concerned that there would be a lynch mob mentality from the Dems. Sad to say, I wasn't disappointed in my concerns.

So, yesterday, long about noon, I sent an e-mail to the national Democratic headquarters, telling them to remove my name from their rolls. After 35 years...enough was more than enough.

Apparently, however, news travels fast...somehow or other the local head of the Democratic Party knew about it.

I'm, apparently, in his words, "a traitor". If protesting a blind rush to wrong judgement based on less than adequate information is treachery, so be it. A cross I'll bear.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Sucks doesn't it? I'm an independent and can identify with some liberal and conservative views. However, neither of these corrupt and self-serving parties refuse to work together for the benefit of all Americans. They do more finger pointing and complaining than doing the job they're elected to do. Their party defines them instead of the citizens they represent.

Our political system is a joke and it's broken.

I think the fundamental problem is money. They both get too much from the wrong, and the same people. Obviously that has an impact on their decision making to ensure the bank roll.

The Democrats flaunt social welfare and support large scale "defense spending". While the Republicans "champion" fiscal responsibility while giving out corporate welfare in the form of subsidies and supporting the military industrial complex.

If we stopped playing the work police we could appease both sides while reducing taxes.

God forbid the pocket liners have to play the free market without their pawns.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Welcome to the party bud.

Seems like we are the REAL "resist" movement.

Resist the loons running the show for so long.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
My whole life I have only voted 3 times.

My 1st vote was bill Clinton , was my 1st chance to vote for POTUS I was 20,

Didnt vote in 96, didnt vote in 2000 didnt vote in 2004, 2008 I voted Obama, needless to say I didnt vote in 2012.

Then 2016 I voted Trump and I have never supported a POTUS as much as I support him.

They way they treated Kavanaugh this past week has pissed off alot of people even alot of democrats .

This is the way they have treated Donald Trump for 3 years and that is why I support him.

And that is the only reason I support Kavanaugh

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Its a damn shame because we need a robust left leaning party.

But the democrats have gone too far today.

You view today as some sort of watershed moment? I mean, it was a bit of a circus but what isn't? What hasn't been?

The Republicans never managed to "go too far" for you? McConnell refusing to have a hearing for Garland for 293 days? Ryan, McCarthy, Cantor, etc meeting up on the night of Obama's inauguration and adopting blanket obstructionism as a strategy?

I hope they are wiped out in the next few elections, and a party that cares about workers and personal liberty can thrive

I do wish the Democrats would return to a stronger focus on labor and cut out the creeping anti-liberalism but in the mean time, I actually tend to prefer the government not being controlled by one party, much less the Republicans who I see as the worse of the two.

As it is, by refusing to fill the Scalia vacancy, the Republicans have all but insured that for the next 20-25 years, SCOTUS will continue to be stacked to the right, as it has been for my entire life. And not just leaning right but for the near term anyway, further to the right than it's been in my lifetime.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yeah and Ginsburg does not look good, chances are Trump is gonna get another pick.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   

SCOTUS will continue to be stacked to the right, as it has been for my entire life. And not just leaning right but for the near term anyway, further to the right than it's been in my lifetime.

The SCOTUS' job is to interpret the constitution. It is not their job to inject personal feelings about a document written over 200 years ago, it is their job to interpret it.

They aren't supposed to say that it says one thing but they feel another way. That's not how it works.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I checked out of the two-party system back in the mid 00's when I realized that W. was a lying, traitorous, two-faced, unamerican sack of feces.

I voted for Ron Paul when he ran. Wrote him in when he didn't next time around.

Refused to vote for Twitt Romney, largely based on his comment that poor people (like me) don't understand how hard it is to have all that money. He's a d**k.

Voted for Trump because, frankly, I'd have voted for Satan himself against Killary.

But, yeah, they're all lying, traitorous, two-faced, unamerican sacks of feces.

I loved it when the moron was asking Kavanaugh today if he wanted the FBI to investigate the allegations. FBI? Hell, I wouldn't trust the FBI to investigate the theft of a kindergartner's milk money by the school bully.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I find many of my conservative friends to be typically a bit dimmer than others and often somewhat racist. But they keep our guns safe with their votes so I don't care if they burn the world down as long as I can fight through it with my armory.
I just really vote to keep the guns safe. You just cannot trust ANY Democrat in office to share that sentiment. The DNC is like a cult now.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   
What’s an independent to do?

Run.

You don’t like what the two parties are offering?

Run.

Why do you think you have to choose from offerings you don’t like? BE the choice.

Run.

Good government is not supposed to be a “spectator sport”, although that is what it has become; and sadly, as much a sport as a spectator spectacle.

Run.

If you truly believe that there are people, who, like you, are fed up with the way things are, be the proof.

RUN!

Be the change you seek.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Don't worry about voting for someone with a chance to win, you vote for someone you believe in and if that happens to be a third party you are voting for them to reach the 5% number needed in a presidential election to allow that third party to receive federal funds for campaigns.

ETA: I was never a democrat, and I certainly am not a republican there are options out there and some are not even the well known third parties look around and find one that kind of fits you and dive in and help start a movement.

edit on 28-9-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   

It is one thing to be the party of no, its a bit worse to refuse to even hold hearings on Garland, but we have hit a new low with trying to smear a person by starting with sexual assault and now drifting into saying he drugged and raped women.

What is next I cant think of much that would be worse to destroy a persons reputation besides maybe calling them a pedophile!
The Democrats moved things to a whole new low without even a little piece of evidence and quite possibly destroyed a women's reputation without even something resembling evidence before engaging in this horrible dog and pony show.

At least in my opinion the DNC is once more trying to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

edit on 28-9-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

It seems almost ghoulish to discuss matters like this... Maybe it is.

But I suspect he'll get one, possibly even two more nominations for the Supreme Court. Ginsberg seems a mortal certainty, and both Thomas and Breyer aren't getting any younger, though both appear to be in good health, unlike Ginsberg.

Three seems almost a certainty, especially if he's reelected. Possibly as many as five, which would be the most since Eisenhower, I believe.

Yep, this is kinda ghoulish...

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   

I just wanted to say I had a good time chatting with you earlier on the hearing thread.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I have been independent for a long time because there are things about both parties that I don’t like. I felt the left starting to get somewhat radical during the obama admin with the whole “you’re racist if you don’t agree with me sentiment.”

Since trump announced he was running the left really went full on nuts. Now we have baseless allegations that are supposed to ruin a guys life and career?

After watching the hearings yesterday I couldn’t believe how the Dems treated Kav. This whole deal was set up from the beginning to delay, I really can’t believe that after yesterday’s testimony that Feinstein still has a job in our govt. anyway until Dems regain their sanity I’ll be straight ticket repub.
edit on 28-9-2018 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   
i think we should vote just like that. lets say an old politician died who worked many years in politics and no you didnt vote them while he was working then next election you can vote them because he had worked some years good or bad, just to say hey i appreciate you did things. or lets say a person that you dont know a lot looks good to you nobody likes him and you can vote that too although you dont like what party he is from and what people say. or it is boring to vote i guess.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Just register as a Non Party Affiliate. Can’t vote in the primaries but it sends a message to the establishment.

Fortunately, some states an indie can choose on Primary vote days. Choose wisely as you can is better than not at all.

edit on 28-9-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

We have had disagreements but I always found you reasonable.

I thought you were exactly right with your comments today.

Its a damn shame because we need a robust left leaning party.

But the democrats have gone too far today.

I hope they are wiped out in the next few elections, and a party that cares about workers and personal liberty can thrive

We don't need a robust left or right. We need common sense. Now look at them brainwashing lies into people. It is not working for us but for some nefarious something else I call the Cabal. Let's use some of the facts and apply common sense again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join