It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mid Term elections... my new perspective.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
A month or so I posted a thread asking ATS members their thoughts on the midterms with my perspective.

ATS Link Here

Let me preface this by saying that I have voted on both sides of the aisle throughout my voting life. I come from a family that has always voted Democrat no matter what, until Obama scared some family members after his first term to reconsider what they were voting for. I am the weird one in that I vote based on the candidate, be it local or federal.

I didn't vote for Bush in his first term but did for the second. I voted for Obama the first term but not the second. The last Presidential election I didn't vote at all... both candidates to me were too flawed. I would have gone with a Cruz or a Paul. I am... evolving.

Just putting that out there... I consider myself an Independent.

THAT being said, I was listening to the Kavanaugh hearings today and a thought struck me.

I just got a preview of what is to come if Democrats regain power anytime soon.

If they gain power again, it is going to be another two years of smear, obstruct, deny, accuse.

It will be the new Schumer Rule of guilty unless you can prove yourself innocent.

It will be DNC and Soros paid liars, slanderers, cheaters.

It will be watching innocent people having their lives, their families, their jobs absolutely ruined because of their political affiliation.

It will also be watching the media continue to prostitute themselves for the left, printing falsehoods, outright lies and innuendo.

It will be watching people with no shame, no morals, no decency and absolutely no respect for the Constitution fight the will of the People to keep the power they have.

So the first thread was fun, but thank you Democrats.

This latest Clarence Thomas/Borking show you put on?

If he loses, I will be pissed. If he wins, I am still going to be pissed.

You have just made another Independent go full-on Republican.

Keep it up please. Because you deserve to lose now and you will have nobody to actually blame but yourselves.

edit on 27-9-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Welcome to the club.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Today was more than a "preview" of Democrat totalitarianism.

They really exposed themselves inside a couple of hours.

Total fail of "Dr Ford".

Total fail with Kavanaugh.

Dianne Feinstein exposed as a confirmed liar.

If they get power, they will do all they can to get even.

Bitterness and jealousy always takes innocent prisoners.

😎

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
A month or so I posted a thread asking ATS members their thoughts on the midterms with my perspective.

ATS Link Here

Let me preface this by saying that I have voted on both sides of the aisle throughout my voting life. I come from a family that has always voted Democrat no matter what, until Obama scared some family members after his first term to reconsider what they were voting for. I am the weird one in that I vote based on the candidate, be it local or federal.

I didn't vote for Bush in his first term but did for the second. I voted for Obama the first term but not the second. The last Presidential election I didn't vote at all... both candidates to me were too flawed. I would have gone with a Cruz or a Paul. I am... evolving.

Just putting that out there... I consider myself an Independent.

THAT being said, I was listening to the Kavanaugh hearings today and a thought struck me.

I just got a preview of what is to come if Democrats regain power anytime soon.

If they gain power again, it is going to be another two years of smear, obstruct, deny, accuse.

It will be the new Schumer Rule of guilty unless you can prove yourself innocent.

It will be DNC and Soros paid liars, slanderers, cheaters.

It will be watching innocent people having their lives, their families, their jobs absolutely ruined because of their political affiliation.

It will also be watching the media continue to prostitute themselves for the left, printing falsehoods, outright lies and innuendo.

It will be watching people with no shame, no morals, no decency and absolutely no respect for the Constitution fight the will of the People to keep the power they have.

So the first thread was fun, but thank you Democrats.

This latest Clarence Thomas/Borking show you put on?

If he loses, I will be pissed. If he wins, I am still going to be pissed.

Keep it up please. Because you deserve to lose now and you will have nobody to actually blame

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

You might not have registered a party affiliation but anyone who would have voted for Ted Cruz is far from being some sort of moderate independent. So what ever "evolution" you underwent, it doesn't sound like it happened today.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I just hope someone jiggles the handle after activating The Blue Wave.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I didn’t get to see it. All I heard was from people who had already made up their mind before the hearing. I hope you’re right

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I understand completely. Former Dem myself. The thing is, I didn't move, they did. The Left have moved so far I am considered Right now.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

🤣 ante is triggered again.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

You might not have registered a party affiliation but anyone who would have voted for Ted Cruz is far from being some sort of moderate independent. So what ever "evolution" you underwent, it doesn't sound like it happened today.

Simply because I think that a civilized society should play by the rules. The law.

In our case, the Constitution.

A foreign concept for a Progressive, I know.

Because all they want to do is bend, circumvent or break the law with impunity.

By the way, don't feel bad if I don't reply to you anymore.

Life is too short to verbally spar with someone such as yourself. A statist.

You are the problem with America, not the solution.

Something else that clicked with me today.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Ah yes... I have people who know anonymous people close the the source of advisors in the DNC that have a picture of the Blue Wave...

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

I understand completely. Former Dem myself. The thing is, I didn't move, they did. The Left have moved so far I am considered Right now.

And that is the point, I guess.

What used to be "my" party is now full-blown radicals that appear to have mental issues and can't do math.

I was appalled at the Kavanagh hearings today... it was shameful.

Watching this is watching America unwinding, becoming less "civil"ized as we go.

I don't want that for my children.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Ah es... I have people who know anonymous people close the the source of advisors in the DNC that have a picture of the Blue Wave...

so the blue wave IS real!

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The Kavanaugh hearing might've just been the dumbest political happening of my lifetime. And that is really saying something because 2 years ago I witnessed an orange, slumlord reality TV star become president. Something tells me they're not done one-upping one another yet either. Buckle up buckaroos.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I am not really a republican, because some of them are progressives as well. Most of my views are conservative with a sprinkle of libertarian in there as well, so I was never really in the Democrat tent. That said, I have been following politics pretty closely for the past 25 years or so, and I have not seen the level of insanity on the left this bad in that time.

if they keep lurching left, all that will be left are the #resist clowns, and that is not a winning formula to win middle America.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I've watched the Democrats descend to this throughout my life.

This is why I'm independent. What the Ds are doing the Rs are easily capable of, and I don't much like most Rs either.

So I'm independent.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
#Walk_Away_Wave
edit on 27-9-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
I am not really a republican, because some of them are progressives as well. Most of my views are conservative with a sprinkle of libertarian in there as well, so I was never really in the Democrat tent. That said, I have been following politics pretty closely for the past 25 years or so, and I have not seen the level of insanity on the left this bad in that time.

if they keep lurching left, all that will be left are the #resist clowns, and that is not a winning formula to win middle America.

I do agree that Progressives have infested the Republican party as well. However, they seem to be slanting back to actual conservatism again. Not enough yet, but it is starting to show some promise.

The Democrats though... they need a reboot and a lot of people being primaried out.

I am like you... fiscal conservative, social liberal. They try to put us in a box and call us "Independents" but we are the biggest block of voters out there.

The left has just become repugnant to me now though.

Hopefully they can change, but for right now if there is an "R" on it I'm voting for it.

"D" has pissed me off, as it were.

edit on 27-9-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Double
edit on 27 9 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I was an Obama supporting, Bush hating liberal right here on ATS.

Democrats are good at alienating people.

I got better.
edit on 27 9 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join