It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Russian Nuke Theft 'Has Occurred'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Well we all knew that likelihood of this , things are going to get a bit rough the next few years.

I would love to be a fly on the wall at that meeting.

U.S. intelligence officials say definitively that theft of Russian nuclear materials "has occurred," even as Russia's nuclear-powered plants remain ripe for terrorist attacks, Agence-France Presse reports.

The new intel report adds additional worry that terrorists will be able to detonate a nuclear device on American soil, or that a rogue nation will obtain one or more nuclear weapons.

Quoting a just-completed assessment by the CIA's National Intelligence Council, an agency that tracks and disseminates data to each of the nation's spy agencies, AFP says NIC's report was finished in time for President Bush's scheduled talks with Vladimir Putin, the Russian leader, during the President's European tour this week.
The administration has not made clear whether Bush planned to broach the subject with Putin.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
bye bye israel.

This is going to get messy.

I just hope its a Russian ploy for more Funds, but, in the wake of all their back stabbing on the world stage, well, i guess the days getting closer to when we turn on our tV's to find tel aviv wiped from the map.

we live in interesting times.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Well remember the suitcase bombs a few months ago? This has been known for a while just not acknowledged officially, this is truly a turning point.....nasty it will get.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Bah, I thought we were done with this....Either this is a subconscious warning, or they are finally coming clean with previous assertions from former Soviet Generals and Scientists. I still tend to believe that they have been inside the US for some time now. I am sure they have people to be able to bring them up to par, the Nukes that is. Warnings to come? I would almost say its a sure bet.

I pretty much stopped with trying to get info from people, and monitoring Jihad sites, If its going to happen, it will happen, and Im sure we will not know about it till it does.

*Edit for spelling

[edit on 23-2-2005 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK

I pretty much stopped with trying to get info from people, and monitoring Jihad sites, If its going to happen, it will happen, and Im sure we will not know about it till it does.

I sure hope your wrong but I also believe that it is only a matter of time.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Russian nuke's have been missing for over ten years already. This is nothing new to me personally.

Even US nuclear weapons have been stolen.

Read Richard Marcinko's "Rogue Warrior". It is his autobiography. He was the creator of Seal Team Six. He was able to break into US Military base's and steal nuclear weapons. Wether or not you beleive him is another story, but I personally do.

According to Mr Marcinko they are mostly Russian weapons that are missing(100+), and I beleive even some US one's(10+).

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The rotating door is the problem. Its quiet for a little while, then boom, something like this comes out, then back to quiet. It been a cycle, from what I noticed. Whether it be a coincidence or not, the last terror message from the CIA came on the heels of Bush talking about keeping the Patriot Act alive. Throughout the last three years I have seen nothing, in hindsight, that was legit. I know I have posted allot on this subject, and have even strained relationships because of it, but it may just be propaganda. From many sides.

You have had a clique form on the heels of the attacks on 9-11. You have people saying they are with Al-Qaeda, support them, yadda yadda, but really, how do we know its not some kid, or whatever, screwing around. Much like I have paid attention to Jihad sites and the like, it all seems to be a farce. I hope I am right about this. Most of the world did not know about Al-Qaeda till the 9-11 attacks, some seem to think the US government made up the whole thing. Honestly though, who the hell really knows? I am sure that their are people that wish harm to the US, for what ever reason that may be. To me though, I've seen more Wannabes, and groupies more than anything else.

Just for instance, Adam the terrorist, the guy who made a beheading video in CA, and recently the action figure saga. It's sad, really.

I'm not saying the situation itself is not real, such as 9-11, the countless people who died in Iraq, Afghanistan and throughout the world, and the threat against the US and others. But there needs to come a time for people to see things for what they are, not for what someone wants them to see.

It's in the governments hands, in one way or another, and we can only go along with them, or question them. There has been too much Propaganda, and its harder to apply what is real and what is not. [/end rant]

I hope I made some sense here....

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Ok Isreal is getting nuked its like 70 percent official in my mind lol
because honestly the U.S has said for the past month If her security is breeched then we will invade Iran, so know they got this fake ass russian bomb threat so when Isreal gets nuked we just point fingers lol and we still get oil from iran!!! yay

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I doubt Israel would be the target.......The US or Europe will be, to many Muslims in Israel and what good would a radioactive Holy land be to them?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Quick everyone! Be afraid... coz when your afraid we can control you easier! the Boogie man is coming... its obvious with the end of the cold war a new threat was needed... 10 years later we have terrorism... but conventional terrorism was starting to get passe and boring... so why not spice it up a bit and arm the terrorists with nukes and all of a sudden everyone will panic... its obviously working... its a simple philosphy... keep the populace in fear and hey wont question your authority coz its more inportant to be safe than truly free...

I seriously doubt there will be any nuclear terror attacks... theyre not organised enough to obtain, make, or use nukes...

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I hope it doesn't go off in Ottawa, Canada. Or do I?:barf

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
To those who actually underestimate the threat of terror and why is has bloomed in the last decade you need to understand more of the old bipolar war, but I guess that will come with age..........When the USSR fell, the door was then opened.....

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Russian nuke going missing? come on, they have been going "missing" for years.

Its the Governments way of saying that a small group of people are going to use them against us, so we will have to defend our selves by "hitting" the countries who have "supposedly" got them.

Sounds like another excerpt from the comic book al-jazzera.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
Russian nuke going missing? come on, they have been going "missing" for years.

Its the Governments way of saying that a small group of people are going to use them against us, so we will have to defend our selves by "hitting" the countries who have "supposedly" got them.

Sounds like another excerpt from the comic book al-jazzera.

Well in the big scheme of things, now that it is PUBLIC officially that is, plausible denyability is out the window wouldn't you say?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
But its still a damn good excuse to go to war though. (Thinking like a polotician)

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Edsinger, I will have to agree with you that we all knew this was coming. We have all heard the stories, as well as seen the arrest for substances such as Red Mercury in the underground market. What is interesting is the declaration of admittance over it by the U.S. government. It wasn't something we didn't know, but almost something that they want to remind everyone of. The big question is, where will this be used by the U.S. in the future? More aid for Russia to contain these problems? Can't blame the source of these weapons now, must have been terrorist X from country Y that used them. Fill in X and Y with the middle eastern country of your choice.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I wonder what SiberianTiger thinks about his "powerful" country not even being able to keep track and control of the weapons they produce?

Shows what a sad and weak third world country Russia is. If it weren't such a serious issue it'd be humerous that Russia actually expects US to pay the money to secure these weapons, some of which are only protected by a chain link fence and a drunken Russian who would made twice as much guarding the deep fryer at McDonalds.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadGrimbo
we live in interesting times.

I never asked to be born.
I don't want to kill myself or die.
But I would not like to be living in this era.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
It's mighty funny how you talk all this tough crap but U.S. DON'T PUT ACTION WITH THIER WORDS HAHAHA, look Russia officialy is giving the nuclear rods to Iran in front of U.S.A.'s face if your so much tougher than us how come U.S. ain't ordering Rus not to go ahead with the deal, WOW and it happend right after the fictitious Bush making Putin affraid lie,HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH
All these are nothing but lies by U.S. U.S. will nuke thier own cities in future and then bring NWO in descise as fighting terror, you can tell it's lies it's always U.S. that knows how, where and when Rus nukes supposedly went missing but Rus doesn't hahahaahah

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiberianTiger
It's mighty funny how you talk all this tough crap but U.S. DON'T PUT ACTION WITH THIER WORDS HAHAHA, look Russia officialy is giving the nuclear rods to Iran in front of U.S.A.'s face if your so much tougher than us how come U.S. ain't ordering Rus not to go ahead with the deal, WOW and it happend right after the fictitious Bush making Putin affraid lie,HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH
All these are nothing but lies by U.S. U.S. will nuke thier own cities in future and then bring NWO in descise as fighting terror, you can tell it's lies it's always U.S. that knows how, where and when Rus nukes supposedly went missing but Rus doesn't hahahaahah

I am not even sure what to say to this, English is much better than my Russian for sure...

So I guess you believe that G Bush had Dan Rather fired just as Putin does?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join