It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family and split parents

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme
Lol, both me and her can be twats, just never in front of our now not so little one lol.
We'd both be devastated if our boy had been sad for seeing mam and dad arguing.
Mean parents do that #.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Haha same with every ex, just not maybe active depending on circumstances.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

What I find odd is that my ex's had kids with their other husbands, and I love those kids as if they were mine.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You shouldn’t have got married pal 😁

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I find this heart warming. I have seen some divorced folks and how the poor child or children are stuck in the middle of drama and conflicts. Kudos to you and your Ex!

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
All credit for an end of one relationship, and the start of another. A lesson for us all.

My brother broke up, and broke down. Depression, self destruction and spite. That's been the heart beat of his life since his marriage collapsed, with the kids in the middle. Miserable git. I now get on better with his ex-wife than I do with him!!!
edit on 27/9/2018 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
All the marriage counsellors I've ever talked to over the years (probably 8 or 10) say it's very rare that both parties want to separate at the same time. In most cases, one party wants to end it and the other doesn't. The one who doesn't usually views him or her self as the victim and the one who does want to end it as the villian--the one who is not true to their marriage vows, etc. That usually sets up a tremendous amount of hurt and anger. You are lucky that you both arrived at the same decision at the same time.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

my sons mom and i cant stand each other but we still got in the bone zone quite often for about 2 years after the split

#whatup

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I don't really know the answer to that. My parents never hated each other after the divorce but they weren't on the greatest of terms either.

I thought this was something of an amusing story, at my first college graduation my mom and dad were there, they hugged each other. I was around 26 at the time, don't remember my exact age. Anyways, this was the first time in my life that I had ever seen the two of them touch each other much less be in the same room together. Until that happened, it never even really registered to me that for most people, their parents are both there and supportive.

I don't know if that has been for the better or worse, but it has definitely influenced how I view families and relationships.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
The court system here in the US heavily favors women, especially if there is a child involved.

Read about a case today. This was apparently totally legal. The dad was financially responsible for the child, and would have to pick up all the medical bills. In order to get back at him, the mom would take their kid 2 to 3 times a week (practically every day she had him) to the ER, with no insurance, just to stick him with $1000+ per week in medical bills he would have to pay.

The ER couldn't turn them away even when the kid had nothing wrong with him, and they charged the standard rate. The guy had insurance for the child, but the mom simply refused to use it so the guy would have to pay more.

That is how utterly screwed up American society is.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan
Gosh I totally understand your post but from the opposite angle. My ex and I hug all the time when greeting or leaving each other, we always have, just natural affection with a soft kiss on the cheek.
Our son has grown up seeing love and affection between us, just not as a couple. We spent every Christmas and his birthdays together as a family, and presents have always been from mum and dad, shared so there was never any 'mams present is better than dads...' kind of thing.
It helps that we've always lived walking distance away from each other as well.

That case you mentioned about the ER and screwing the father for medical bills sounds horrible. I can't understand why people use their kids a weapons, it's really tragic. That's one thing I don't have to worry about in the UK due to the NHS, but even if I did we would have gone 'halves' with such expenses same as we split all costs as parents, school uniform, school trips etc.
My ex is still joint account holder named on my bank account so she could just clean me out legally if she wanted to lol. I never took her off it because when I die it's easy for her (and our son) to get my money without all the official bull# and waiting weeks. That's how much I trust her.

We are not unique though, a few friends who divorced are still good friends with each other. Maybe it's because we are in a tight knit community so you really have to get over it when you're bumping into each other in town, at pubs, or the same parties. You really have to leave town if you don't want to see your ex's here lol.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   
awww this too cute. i liked looking at this.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join