It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Screaming and screeching....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Dear folks.

My rant of the year...

I wish certain posters would stop using CAPS in practically all of their posts to explain their point of view!

It is bloody irritating and makes the poster in my opinion look like someone who is not capable of civil and intelligent discussion or debate.

The « Reeeeeeeeeeeerre » is very strong with this type of poster IMO again.

Rant over and back to my meal.

Have a great evening/morning or afternoon to all international members.

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

You know, the interesting thing? My reaction to "all caps" is to immediately dismiss the comment and go right past it.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

You know, the interesting thing? My reaction to "all caps" is to immediately dismiss the comment and go right past it.

I normally do too Tone but there are one or two posters that I have noticed here that really stand out as humongous Drama Queens...

One of them has practically spammed out a whole thread here with the same post posted numerous times in blumming caps.

Bloody irritating like a mozzy that keeps buzzing you if you see what I mean!?

Irritating little insects who make irritating noise when not giving anything of benefit...

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

And with me agreeing with you and completely understanding how all caps is a form of SHOUTING...how would YOU emphasize words? Quotation marks?
(See how I did that!)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

It is bloody irritating and makes the poster in my opinion look like someone who is not capable of civil and intelligent discussion or debate.

This reminds me. I've been meaning to ask. Why is everything so bloody wherever you are (presumably Britain)?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

This reminds me. I've been meaning to ask. Why is everything so bloody wherever you are (presumably Britain)?

Yep your bloody right I am a brit but in France.

I prefer the word bloody to the F word which is taboo here.

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Myself, can’t stand new trendy expressions or word. For example ‘Reeeeeeerrreee’ or the one that makes me go psycho ‘me thinks’ can’t stand hip new lingo!

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Just like with any social construct, if the rules we all agree on aren't passed on successfully, they go away. When the internet became a public thing, we sort of decided that all caps = shouting. The 2nd generation of internet users have either decided to ignore this rule or were never taught it, so internet etiquette never continued past the 1st generation of users.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Kindest respects

Lags

It's odd though because it doesn't mean anything. I guess that's why it isn't censored. It's just a pointless swear word that doesn't mean anything. When you use "the F word" people people really get your point. I laugh when I hear someone say something is bloody. I'm like "No it isn't. I don't see even a drop of blood on that".

Anyway, that's my ATS rant of the day. British people who think the whole internet is British. LOL
edit on 27-9-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Myself, can’t stand new trendy expressions or word. For example ‘Reeeeeeerrreee’ or the one that makes me go psycho ‘me thinks’ can’t stand hip new lingo!

Ok, I will go back to the word "Screeeeeeeeeeeeech....."

"Reeeeeeeeeeeee" was for our USA members who are used to this expression.

Warmest respects

Lags

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Kindest respects

Lags

It's odd though because it doesn't mean anything. I guess that's why it isn't censored. It's just a pointless swear word that doesn't mean anything. When you use "the F word" people people really get your point. I laugh when I hear someone say something is bloody. I'm like "No it isn't. I don't see even a drop of blood on that".

Anyway, that's my ATS rant of the day. British people who think the whole internet is British. LOL

Check this link ot Brian, it may help you understand better : www.urbandictionary.com...

Version of the USA expression Goddamn and commonly used in Great Britain

"That Bloody frickin' artic blast pissed me the F**K Off!!!"

#damn#goddamn#gawd#gawddamn#aggravation

And by the way, British people do not think that the whole of the internet is British, that is just the way some of us in the UK express ourselves just like you express yourselves in your country...

Don't forget that this site is International and that language differences and cultures may change from country or continent to another.

Get over it old chap.

Kindest regards

Lags
edit on 27-9-2018 by Lagomorphe because: Internet is not British neither American but International... Open your blinkers...

edit on 27-9-2018 by Lagomorphe because: Crap spelling... sorry

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Kindest respects

Lags

Check this link ot Brian, it may help you understand better : www.urbandictionary.com...

Version of the USA expression Goddamn and commonly used in Great Britain

"That Bloody frickin' artic blast pissed me the F**K Off!!!"

#damn#goddamn#gawd#gawddamn#aggravation

OK. So....when someone uses CAPS, they're generally doing THIS. Emphasis. Unless they type the whole post in all caps, in which case, I agree with you. Hey. You're not paying people to write professionally. It takes time to use italics and bolds and so forth.
edit on 27-9-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I request more CAPS

and more REEEEEE

25/8

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
I request more CAPS

and more REEEEEE

25/8

Nooooooo...

REEEEEEEEE...

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
the only cure for this is to have an ALL CAPS SUNDAY thread or something. It does seem to heal people. But it is very silly.

I admit I do ALLCAP at times. But not that much.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

When I do an OP and want to emphasize something, I prefer to either use underline or I use bold text.

One thing I've noticed is that the OP's that make the most sense are heavily paragraphed to break from one "thought" or stream to another.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

The lady doth protest too much, methinks

The top of the morning to you

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I don't know how to bold or italicize text on this site, so I use all caps instead. I understand it's off-putting when a person posts purely in all caps- that person seems crazy. But when I see just occasional all caps on selected words, I assume they are like me and don't know how to bold words from their phone.

But, GO AHEAD AND DISREGARD MY POSTS.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

How is that interesting? If you think that is interesting, you have too high a view of yourself.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I wish certain posters would stop using CAPS in practically all of their posts to explain their point of view!

ANYONE THAT CAN'T HANDLE SEEING CAPS IS JUST SILLY......

top topics

<<   2 >>

join