It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NHS worker who caught monkeypox fears she has passed on infection to husband

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
uk.news.yahoo.com...

Is it only a matter of time before something more lethal finds it's way into the UK? Ebola had it's chance to spread but thankfully it was culled, however this monkeypox seems to be infectious as the husband has come down with symptoms... will her children be next? Most likely as they live in the same house, if they live in the same house or visited recently.

Good job this isn't smallpox or some other deadly disease, although this one can kill on the odd ocassion. But seriously with so many people coming and going to places where disease is rife, is it any wonder?

Screening should be in place for anyone coming from countries where disease hails IMO and maybe kept in isolation for a week.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Poor woman.

Doesn't look nice.

I seem to remember years ago there was a outbreak of this in the states, can't recall the exact details but it infected and killed quite a few people looks pretty nasty.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I seem to remember years ago there was a outbreak of this in the states, can't recall the exact details but it infected and killed quite a few people looks pretty nasty.

No, there was not an outbreak of monkey pox that "killed quite a few people" in the United States years ago.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

No, there was not an outbreak of monkey pox that "killed quite a few people" in the United States years ago.

Well actually....

2003 Midwest monkeypox outbreak

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Well actually....

2003 Midwest monkeypox outbreak

Touché. No deaths resulted, though.

new topics

top topics

join