It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tattoo's: The Good, The Bad, The Regerts..sorry I was eating a Snickers.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

???

i didnt watch all. will watch later

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Exactly, it was a lack of good judgment on her part.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
i forgot to say. when i insisted i want it small, he said he cant make it small..two reason. he cant give enough details in a small figure and other, if it is too small, he suspected i will return again for another one.
i dont even remember i have a tattoo in my daily life.it is fine.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Pinocchio

My job is in the employment field and I can tell you from experience that many companies will not hire people with visible tattoos.

Mostly for jobs where they will be required to interact with clients.

Exactly!

Sometimes I'm tasked in the casting department for TV, Movies, commercials, print ads, etc. Visible tattoos or body modification will keep you from getting a part/role on any union shoot and most non union gigs, stage or screen. If the role, requires tattoos for a tough guy, the art dept. has books filled with fakes to apply.

If you have ambitions in working in-front of the camera; laser treatment of your ink is advised.

However most crew, whether gaffers, grips, PA, focus pullers, etc. sport a IATSE symbol tattoo with pride.

Besides my TV, Movie gigs, I also own and operate a retail operation. No visible tattoos to work for me.

But it's your body; decorate it how ever you want.
edit on 27-9-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I have a flower tattoed on my back, it's a replacement for (a terrible) one myself and a mate did on my arm when we were teenagers, although I've had that one lasered off,

I still have to go back for a few more hours, but we're getting there, and I'm loving it so far.

I have my personal reasons for choosing this 'particular' flower, other than the fact that it's a beautiful plant, but I can't post them here as it would breach T's&C's.

After reading some of the earlier responses I thought long and hard about sharing this, but sod-it mode kind of kicked in.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

it looks good. it has a 3d feel.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Damla

It was done by a friend of mine who has some crazy skills, here's one of my favorite pieces he's done,

It's insane,

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity
a reply to: Damla

It was done by a friend of mine who has some crazy skills, here's one of my favorite pieces he's done,

It's insane,

good pic of Johnny, but the real hunter would have been better.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

really good
)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

I'm a woman, and zero tattoos on me, but I do have some scars that have their own interesting stories!

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
mine isnt 3d. i dont see it much but it is pretty much like a paper dragon
i mean in 2d sense. i cant post it because i cant take a picture of it.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Parishna

That's a good call,

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
My ex girlfriend and I got our each other's names on the side of our ring fingers. We were drunk and in love apparently. I got mine lasered of 3 yrs later. She turned hers into a Batman symbol. I got soooo much shnit from everyone I know. That laser hurt more than the tat but well worth it. I am now tattoo free. I'll leave the sleeve tats to the hipsters.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat

I see women covered with tattoos and I cringe. To me, their bare skin would have been much more attractive and I feel as if something great has been lost. But, it's her body...

I often wonder what the tats will look like when time takes its toll and the tats

begin to wrinkle
eew

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

hahahahah!

it now seems like the problem of that unfortunate person who ll face my back when i am naked.
edit on 27-9-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
For me tats are a way to overtly express parts of your personality. I can’t stand when people are so uptight and judgemental about it, it’s like don’t like it then don’t look at it. My most recent tat gets compliments all the time. Afew weeks ago I stopped for dinner in Chicago at Lou Malnatis (say that fast muwahahaha) and the waitress asked me if she could take a pic to show her boyfriend. That was a first and also a bit flattering. I’ll just say that it has a very distinct pop culture figure who is instantly recognizable and people get a kick out of it.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

You're The Gem That Keeps Me Going...
Let My Efforts Be Never Again In Doubt Within Me.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

I've ten tatts. The first when I was 17. I smoked some devil lettuce and passed out, pretty funny and have long quit smoking it.

My favorite one is a tribal lighting bolt with flames that engulf it that resides on the outside of my elbow between my bicep and forearm.

Most regretted one sits on my upper thigh. I did it myself after a party.

I love them and love seeing then on other folks however I do not like them on myself anywhere they can not be covered. Gotta remain employed!

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Tattooies, Smokers, Drinkers, Costumies, Painted Hairies, And The Likes.... JUST MEANS: "You Have No Patriot Here For You!"

Too Many Freedoms! I Shall Never Fight Another Fight And Bleed Another Drop For Godlessness And Heathens.
Besides... They Only Cost $100 On The Internet.
Whooooosh....
edit on 27-9-2018 by Pinocchio because: NOWAY-NOHOW

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
A tattoo should have a tremendous amount of meaning behind it for it to be appropriate. They should be symbolic of what the inside cannot express, a permanent reminder or badge of honor. People are so quick to judge others and have everyone fit into a neat little category but not everyone does.

Ive got both arms inked above the elbows just so i can cover up if I feel like it, usually don't though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join