It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tattoo's: The Good, The Bad, The Regerts..sorry I was eating a Snickers.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Hello ATS....I would like to preface this thread by stating that I DO NOT HAVE ANY TATTOO'S... My kids & step kids all have them, some are in good taste some not so much. I've never understood tat's with violent words or phrase's. I don't understand why people tattoo the face & neck or even their hands. But to each his own. None of my kids tat's are on the face, neck or hands. Also none of them contain violent words or images. I would like for the members with tattoo's to post some pics of ink and show them off....all of them, like the title say's. Would like to hear the stories behind the tat's....there's always a good story. If your inked and want the world to see them...post them up and let's see who has the best, most beautiful artwork in ink on ATS. I'll come back later tonight and see the ink & read the stories.....Thanks in advance from a man with a serious aversion to needles. Meaning they sedate me in order to sedate me. Yea, it's that bad. Don't do needles.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

** Everyone: *Tries to upload high quality pictures from their smartphones. ATS uploader can't handle it. Gives up.*
edit on 27-9-2018 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
At one time tattoos were for the rebels.
Today the rebels are ink free.

Tramp stamps have become a cliche.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Tribal tattoo have not stood the test of time, and have gone the way of "Keep on Truckin'" guy

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I am not about to give pictures,sorry.

I have 4.
I got my first when I was 15,my second when I was 16 and my third when I was 17 or 18.(wild times)
The last one I got a few years back at a friends house while drunk...0 regrets.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
i dont know why people have tattooes. I have one and i dont know why i have it. It is a dragon tattoo and i guess..
let me check yeah it is in on my left shoulder.

no. i dont do drugs or drink.

i walked in a bookstore bought 4 books. one of them about numbers the other about dragons..cant remember others it has been some 8 years maybe then i walked out and decided hey why not have a tattoo. i phoned a friend who has a tattoo and asked where her tattoo maker is and how can i find him..she gave me his name and address.. it was on the same street. so i went into that historic building. knocked the door on third floor i guess and they opened the door. it was a very well furnished place. a tattoo saloon..a very big one. they said no.such a person never worked with them. it was impossible because he was supposed to be the owner of the place. i said ok and said bye. then i stopped and turned back and knocked the door again. they said i should wait since the person who is supposed to do it is in gym now. but designer asked what i want. i said i have no idea. he said i must find one.i looked at the book pack and said make it a dragon.no i am not particularly interested in dragons.make it a small one i said. he said he cant make it small and he ĺl draw one for me so he did. it looked pretty nice and the person who ll do it came from the gym. i remember a talk about which back of shoulder to put it. i think he decided i cant remember.it took about half an hour maybe or maybe a little more. i remember seeing something as a reflection on the shiney floor that isnt supposed to be there while he was working. it didnt hurt much.he said i ll never need to repair it and i left.
edit on 27-9-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I have many, but haven't gotten anything new in about 10yrs due to changes in military policy.

I like them. Some don't.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
At one time tattoos were for the rebels.
Today the rebels are ink free.

Tramp stamps have become a cliche.

Funny and true. I can't stand tattoos. The reasoning that goes into "I think I'll get my temporary girlfriend's name permanently tattooed on my forehead" is just hard to fathom.

Especially in these times when a wife is really just a girlfriend you might keep if things work out.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I can't imagine tattoo's helping at all in any type of body building or beauty competitions. I don't know the rules but I'd think tattoo's would disqualify contestants from the get go.

The best looking tattoo's I've seen on a guy were runes (ancient letters) and outline only tattoo's like a 5 pointed star for instance where minimal skin is discolored.

On a woman I've never seen a tattoo that improves in the least little bit the natural beauty that she came with.

Every man don't feel the same way I do and more power to them. There's plenty enough people in this world that everyone can find someone with the same kinds of interests.

I've told people to get them drawn on first and wear that a while and see if they really really want one but they didn't listen.

Once you get one its with you a very long time so make sure its what you want!
edit on 27-9-2018 by Trucker1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

When I was growing up it was really rare, edgy and cool to have a tattoo.
It was usually military men, bikers and other bad boy types that had them.

Now everyone from Grandma Sally to the mailman has them. To not have them now is really the rare thing. (raises hand)

Same with Motorcycles, they used to be cool, dangerous, racy. That image is dead.
Now whenever my family and I see a motorcycle gang we say hey, there goes the mild ones. (spongebob reference) It is usually a group of rich old guys. I even saw a guy get off his bike with a little floral scarf on. I'm not joking.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Trucker1

I know a chick who wants a tattoo of some japenese style garden job all down her leg. But then, she also has her ears stretched and her nipples pierced, and it looks atrocious.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I live my days wondering and wondering and wondering why peeps get tattoos.
I personally commend those who do not have them.
I often wonder why peeps need to validate themselves with ridiculous non sensible idiodocies.
I hate to see women defile themselves. And the men too. But my tattoo is in correlation with the sacrament of marriage, first born, lineage, and family. Its on my left hand. On the outside of the palm. It simply reads my last name. It's suppose represent my grand father, my father, my uncles, my brother, and me. I only have the one tattoo.

ETA:

edit on 27-9-2018 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I have three women.
My son's mother, cover in ink below the waist. And a tramp stamp.
My wife... Has tramp stamp.
My girlfriend, my keepsake, has wrist tats, thigh that's, and an arm tats that makes you believe she was dumb as dirt as a teen.

I hate all three of them. But they're great housewives. I miss them all of a sudden.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinocchio

My job is in the employment field and I can tell you from experience that many companies will not hire people with visible tattoos.

Mostly for jobs where they will be required to interact with clients.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Parishna
a reply to: Trucker1

I know a chick who wants a tattoo of some japenese style garden job all down her leg. But then, she also has her ears stretched and her nipples pierced, and it looks atrocious.

Yep. I see that and I'm not the slightest bit attracted. I think people who do it just don't respect themselves. This is especially repulsive on a woman, IMO.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Damla

Sorry. Wall of text with no capitalisation = not able to read.

I don't have a tattoo. Never felt the need and now they are trendy I would never.

My father in law was a Royal marine and had tattoos indication where he had been and what he had done. That's a sort of naval tradition going back quite a while.

Tattoos used to be time and place. Now they are the "must have", so all a bit boring.

Seen some bad tattoos in my time, including on a lass in an intimate place. I thought "why"?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

We were hiring a admin assistant one year.
We had three candidates. One was significantly more experienced than the others. The problem was she came to the interview with a low cut shirt with a tattoo visible on her chest.
We had a meeting and we were all really torn, but she did not get the job for two reasons. Having a tattoo, not having the sense to cover it up during the interview. All the big bosses were ladies so they were not swayed by the low cut shirt like maybe the candidate had envisioned! We talked about that candidate for years after, the tattoo boob lady! Oddly enough, She eventually got beat out by a guy that came to an interview eating a donut and kept pointing his finger. He was the finger donut guy! haha

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I have lots.
My newest ones are on my hands.

left hand:

right hand - got it done last Thursday, so its still healing.

I have more on my forearms, left shoulder,
my right arm from my elbow up to mid neck...

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I don't have tats. My dad got some in the Navy, including a nude female on his arm, and regretted them when he married my mom. He opted for tat-removal surgery, which in the 70's was pretty archaic and left nasty scars that you could still see blurry blue tats through.

My GF has 2 tiny tats, sun & moon. She loves tats on guys, and probably wishes I had some (many).

I can think of 11 billion things where my money and time would be better spent than in a tattoo parlor.

I see women covered with tattoos and I cringe. To me, their bare skin would have been much more attractive and I feel as if something great has been lost. But, it's her body...

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I have no ink myself but, my daughter got herself a tattoo last week on her birthday.
She had roman numerals signifying the birth year and death year of one of her lifelong very best friends.
It's on her forearm and we did discuss the pros and cons and it was, in the end, her decision.
I won't post up a pic but, if she wants to later that would be her choice.

edit on 27-9-2018 by TNMockingbird because: spelling!!!!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join