It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ford - Kavanaugh Hearings 9-27-18

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
Not a credible witness in the legal standard, but she's likeable enough and she seems personable and the left will lap it up.

They administered the polygraph on the day of her grandmother's funeral? Administered a stress test on an emotionally stressful day? Way to baseline. Someone else paid for the test. Deliberately chosen date?

And could have taken drugs to calm her nerves, therefore passing the lie test.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

For me that is the BIGGEST issue.

In case anyone missed it:

Statement from the Montgomery County Police Department Regarding Victim Accusations of Supreme Court Nominee Brett Kavanaugh

September 24, 2018

Statement from the Montgomery County Police Department Regarding Victim Accusations of Supreme Court Nominee Brett Kavanaugh:

At this time, the Montgomery County Police Department has not received a request by any alleged victim nor a victim’s attorney to initiate a police report or a criminal investigation regarding Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

The Department recognizes that victims of sexual assault may not want to involve law enforcement and/or initiate a criminal investigation, and we respect that position. The Department, however, stands prepared to assist anyone who reports being the victim of a sexual assault.

Typically, in a sexual assault case, the cooperation of the victim or witnesses is necessary. As with any criminal investigation, a determination must be made as to the jurisdiction where the alleged offense occurred and the specific details of the event to establish a potential criminal charge.

Our Department is ready to investigate any claim of sexual assault that is alleged to have occurred within our County.

edit on 27-9-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

She may even believe it herself.

The human mind can convince itself of ANYTHING.

This is abhorrently true in American politics, and issues we talk about every day.

Gun violence,climate change,rich people are evil,corporations are evil,bankers are evil, Trumps a Russia puppet, Trump colluded with Russia, Trump raped half a dozen women, and Kavanugh shouldn't be confirmed because some chic with obvious mental problems says so.
edit on 27-9-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Woodcarver

The sole purpose appears to be to stall Kavanaugh's nomination until after the midterm elections, at which time the Democrats hope to have a majority to deny him the position. Why? Because he, a constitutionalist, will be replacing Kennedy, a slightly liberal moderate.

TheRedneck
I agree, but how did she even get this platform? Who ordered a commission to take this testimony that has no other witnesses or evidence?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrBuddy

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: amazing

I'm not seeing it. The questions seem too random and trivial. You may be right, but I don't see any gotcha at the end of this line of questioning. Just a dull...okay next. Unless the whole line of questioning is just to make it seem like her memory is faulty.

She is scary...She comes off so nice and easy going questioning with nice thank you(s) and smiles while cooking her like one would do with a lobster by slow turning up the heat to not feel it.

Yeah....that attorney is definitely cooking this for something. Not sure if it will come out in the hearing, but there is something very specific she seems to be getting at.

Seems a bit late for any Perry Mason "moments" as Dr. Ford is no longer under questioning...

Yes...she is....they are just on lunch break.

link   
I am guessing that I can’t just claim that Senator Feinstein put her finger up my butt, and then get a bunch of senators to sit around and listen to me?

link   
Trump needs to man up on this nonsense. Pull Kav and replace him with an even worse nightmare for the Democrats and then ram through the nomination before some other "operative" decides to #MeeToo him/her

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: RickinVa
Two things that stand out:

1. She claims to be afraid of flying, but has a history of many flights.

2. She took a polygraph, but doesn't know who paid for it.

Not very convincing.

I got the impression that the way Rachel was questioning her, I think the committee already knows who took her home. Just a feeling, but if they do, not sure why they would be setting on it....or they know that person is the key to the truth.

The prosecutor did take an awful lot of time demonstrating where she lived and how far of a drive/walk it would be to get home. we shall see I suppose

Well...we are left to believe she either walked the 6 miles home or hitched a ride with a stranger....both of which I would say would be remembered.

I am of the impression she made this story up based on multiple different instances in her life. She may even believe it herself.

There is no believable reason why she would not remember how she got home.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Ahhh...my bad. I have to keep stepping away because of work. Thank you for clarifying!

link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

That would be Senator Diane Feinstein... after keeping her allegations secret during the regular confirmation hearings.

TheRedneck

link   
a reply to: loam

More to the point, Avenatti last night on CNN admitted he was more concerned about stopping Kavanaugh's appointment than seeking criminal charges.

link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: InTheLight

Good observation! I'll start watching for that pattern.

TheRedneck

Why can't anyone else here watch this with impartiality?

Because we're sick of partisan hacks delaying this purposely. How can you NOT see it?

There is no evidence.

I know, there hasn't been evidence since the beginning. Just her allegations.

Don't turn this around, I was referring to lack of evidence of her motives.

Ok. What evidence does she have? Name me just one speck.

Even IF any of this is true, does that disqualify Kav from being on the court?

A drunken grope or making moves on some girl when both were teenagers? REALLY?

I dont think so.

link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: RickinVa
Two things that stand out:

1. She claims to be afraid of flying, but has a history of many flights.

2. She took a polygraph, but doesn't know who paid for it.

Not very convincing.

I got the impression that the way Rachel was questioning her, I think the committee already knows who took her home. Just a feeling, but if they do, not sure why they would be setting on it....or they know that person is the key to the truth.

The prosecutor did take an awful lot of time demonstrating where she lived and how far of a drive/walk it would be to get home. we shall see I suppose

Walk home from where .. do we even know where this supposedly happened?

I only caught a glimpse of the map, but seemed to me they have an idea where it would have had to have been based off of her knowing she went there after swimming practice I believe....please correct me if I am mistaken
edit on pm99201818America/Chicago27p12pm by annoyedpharmacist because: r

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
dbl pst

edit on pm99201818America/Chicago27p12pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Has any of Blasey Ford's relative's come out in support of her?
Mom, dad or siblings?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBuddy

That's the last thing he should do. Pulling him is a defeat that will encourage this specious accusation approach, which may happen anyway if Kavanaugh loses the vote, forever.
edit on 27-9-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

link   
Double post

edit on 27-9-2018 by Identified because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

Yeah, I think they figured out where it occurred.

TheRedneck

link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Grambler

But she doesnt remember after she was almost raped who helped get her out of there? That seems ridiculous.

My mom doesn't remember that she was put into an ambulance and taken to the hospital after her rape.

She doesn't even remember talking with the doctors.

I have a fiend that was raped in a car and then thrown out of that car by her rapist.

She showed up at my house in the middle of the night but has no idea how she got there.

We assume she walked.

This lady was not raped....not even close. Why do you continue to compare it to rape?

Hey take it easy. The woman had her mouth covered for a second. That's GOTTA be traumatizing to have your mouth covered for a second.

link   
a reply to: Grambler

Investigate ? Properly
Gather witness statements ?
Have witnesses testify ?

Maybe not just thrust one private citizen into the middle of a political 3 ring circus and expect to " get to the bottom of things "

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join