It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ford - Kavanaugh Hearings 9-27-18

page: 157
<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

originally posted by: Deetermined

Flake, Manchin, Collins and Murkowski all had a private pow-wow together last night.

I would highly encourage you to rephrase that... some people might get the wrong idea. You know, like boof, fffffffourth of July and devil's triangle.......

A2D

Devils Triangle: I was in a fraternity, and there was no quarters game called Devil's Triangle. I literally laughed out loud when he tried to explain it away with that weak quarters game excuse. Every guy in a frat knows what a devil's triangle really is.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Deetermined

Why dont you guys just let it play out instead of playing Madam Cleo predicts...
You get all worked up over something that you think is going to happen but has not happened yet.
Just wait and see.

Actually that's what we have been saying. Rather than a media circus this should have been handled privately and then the results released. Except you'd hate that. Hypocrite.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

How can you miss that this is obviously a politically timed stalling tactic?

The Republican "stalled"/refused a hearing for Merrick Garland because "it was an election year". Now, the Repulibans want to rush Brett Kavanaugh through confirmation because the elections are coming. Irony or hypocrisy?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

And?

Just because there wasn't where you were at doesn't mean there never was one.

You do know that sometimes there are local and regional variants of things? Right? Even local and regional names for things?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: PubertJohnston
Anyone who doesn't believe me obviously hates babies.

Psst... look at who's the supporting party of abortion. You're stating the obvious already. Just sayin'
So is it equally fair to speak in terms of 'the party of letting women choose' and 'the party of not not letting women choose'?

As in "letting women choose to kill a third party free of consequence" choice? Absolutely, I am opposed to that 'freedom of choice.'

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

And we care about an innuendo he made 35 years ago as a joke, assuming it's related to sex, why?

ETA: I played games in HS and college that we made up and you would never find on Google or anyone that has any knowledge of it.
edit on 28-9-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Gazrok

How can you miss that this is obviously a politically timed stalling tactic?

The Republican "stalled"/refused a hearing for Merrick Garland because "it was an election year". Now, the Repulibans want to rush Brett Kavanaugh through confirmation because the elections are coming. Irony or hypocrisy?

I did not realize there was a Presidential election this year. Who is running?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Devils Triangle: I was in a fraternity, and there was no quarters game called Devil's Triangle.

It's exactly what Kavanaugh and Judge tried do with Dr Ford, but were too drunk to pull it off.

link   

I grew up in the country. Devil's triangle was the area of a particular road where we would often hang out after school, or if we had one...a school fight would almost always happen there.

Different strokes for different folks.

A2D

link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Not sure why people keep repeating that. That will not apply until the 2020 cycle. There is no Presidential election this year. At least in the United States. Which is why even Democrat leaders are not using that right now.

You see if Democrats push that then the next Democrat President will be held to the same standard, which would be the first time in history that has been the case. You have clearly misunderstood that this is not a Presidential election year.

link   
Double post. And no that's not a sexual innuendo...

A2D
edit on 28-9-2018 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

You're not fooling anyone. If the Democrats had the majority in Congress right now, they'd be stalling all nominations just like they're trying to do now. In fact, someone mentioned that the Democrats are already holding up 150 current nominations for other positions they are refusing to fill. Turnabout is fair play.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And?

Just because there wasn't where you were at doesn't mean there never was one.

You do know that sometimes there are local and regional variants of things? Right? Even local and regional names for things?

Sure, its purely anecdotal, but its still suspicious akin to me using a descriptor like 'Gangbang' to label a frat game where we all sit around in a drum circle....
edit on 39pm18fpmFri, 28 Sep 2018 14:33:28 -0500America/ChicagoFri, 28 Sep 2018 14:33:28 -0500 by Wayfarer because: spelling

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I don't think Booker is as exposed as you think he is when you read specifically about that confession.

Either way and more to the point, they are not going to be final nominees. They are just outfront to draw fire.

Just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I often played something called Mao in college.

Not run across many others who know what it is.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Trump seems to think it's all about him. There certainly is a lot riding on a "red" or "blue" wave. According to Trump, a blue wave will equal impeachment. A red wave will mean he gets everything he wants. So yeah, this election seems to be very important to the President, Republicans and Democrats, like never before.

edit on 28-9-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

And we care about an innuendo he made 35 years ago as a joke, assuming it's related to sex, why?

ETA: I played games in HS and college that we made up and you would never find on Google or anyone that has any knowledge of it.

Its not the innuendo or the implication of having sex (via whatever codewords he and his friends used at the time) that's the problem, but rather him lying about it for whatever reason.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Well, he didn't lie, so what's your problem?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Not sure why people keep repeating that. That will not apply until the 2020 cycle. There is no Presidential election this year.

Because the standard Mitch McConnell espoused whilst delaying Garlands nomination for almost a year until it expired, was during an "election" year. Not a "Presidential" election year. A SCOTUS nomination requires the approval and consent of the senate in addition to the executive branch. Both offices are directly relevant to "election year" and there is very much a Senate Election in a little over a months time.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Trump seems to think it's all about him. There certainly is a lot riding on a "red" or "blue" wave. According to Trump, a blue wave will equal impeachment. A red wave will mean he gets everything he wants. So yeah, this election seems to be very important to the President, Republicans and Democrats, like never before.

The Democrats don't have a chance in hell at impeachment. It would require a vote of 2/3 of the Senate and the Democrats will never win enough seats to make that happen.

top topics

<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join