It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ford - Kavanaugh Hearings 9-27-18

page: 127
<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Ford looks like the type of gal that says she don't want any fries but then she eats all your fries.....

A2D

link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

originally posted by: Quadrivium

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: burdman30ott6

What happened today was and is a travesty. Both sides were playing politics, not just one. If you think this is below anything Republicans would do, we simply do not agree.

Yes the Democrats deserve to be scorned for the way they handled this, but I'm not going to give the Republicans a pass just because the Dem's were the ones crawling on their bellies today. Republicans have their share of slime on their bellies also. One need only watch the attack ads they run to see how morally bankrupt both parties have become.

When have you seen them do something like this? We see this from the Dems again and again. This is coming from a libertarian that thinks the Dems and Repubs are two heads of the same snake. Yet, I have never seen the repubs do anything on a scale like this and I do not think they would.
The repubs are bad, but the dems are so much worse, inho.

I have to agree with you. I am very liberal but consider myself Independent but definitely liberal in my positions. The Democrats are the most vile and disgusting vipers and nothing is too low for them.

Just when you think they can not get any lower, they lower the bar again.

I for one would like to hear from some of these people making accusations against prominent democrats. They should do the right thing if they're so morally superior.

link   
I just find it hard to believe the incompetence of the Dems. It's like they all read from the same spreadsheet of questions to ask.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Did Ford actually say during testimony that she was afraid to fly ?
I had wondered if her attorneys made that up at the time.

None of that made any sense considering that she admitted to traveling to three different places over a period of two weeks around the time of her grandmother's death. I'm doubting she drove from Palo Alto to New Hampshire and the other east coast states she claimed to be in around that time.

link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

So I guess the boys didn't drink the punch. Seriously?

I call bullsh*t on that alone.

(Not referring to you, poster.)

link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: toolgal462

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

Comes down to Flake.

That's not good. Not good at all. If Kavanaugh doens't get confirmed I might lose all faith in the human race.

This was such a disgusting display today it made me sick.

Flake? Christ.

GG

They had a meeting after. I think at this meeting they determined they had the votes to move forward, and so they did. If they were not sure, they would have waited and took time to convince the detractors........we shall see tho

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
a reply to: Deetermined

Here is part of what Julie Swetnick had to say:

The most disturbing part of Swetnick’s allegations regards the “gang rape” she alleges occurred at parties where Kavanaugh and Judge were present. She alleges that Judge, Kavanaugh, and others would “‘spike’ the ‘punch’” at parties “so as to cause girls to lose their inhibitions and their ability to say ‘No.’” They would target particular girls, and if the girls became very drunk or disoriented, they would be gang raped by a ‘train’ of numerous boys.”

www.vox.com...

She continues: “I have a firm recollection of seeing boys lined up outside rooms at many of those parties waiting for their ‘turn’ with a girl inside the room. These boys included Mark Judge and Brett Kavanaugh.”

Swetnick says that in 1982, she was a victim of such a “train” rape where Judge and Kavanaugh were “present,” but she does not say that they participated.

As far as "bias" goes, I would say that I am partisan. I would oppose a Trump appointee on principle. It strikes me as being impossible for someone to be nominated in an nonpartisan way. There is always a political agenda. In Kavanaugh's case, I believe Trump thinks that Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court might assist in shielding him from impeachment, because of Kavanaugh's opinion that a serving president should not be indicted. Indictment is a possible prelude to an impeachment trial.

Isn't this the same accuser that went to 10 more of these parties after this supposed "gang rape"?

Put her ass on the stand and let's hear her story again.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

The most disturbing part of Swetnick’s allegations regards the “gang rape” she alleges occurred at parties where Kavanaugh and Judge were present. She alleges that Judge, Kavanaugh, and others would “‘spike’ the ‘punch’” at parties “so as to cause girls to lose their inhibitions and their ability to say ‘No.’” They would target particular girls, and if the girls became very drunk or disoriented, they would be gang raped by a ‘train’ of numerous boys.”

www.vox.com...

She continues: “I have a firm recollection of seeing boys lined up outside rooms at many of those parties waiting for their ‘turn’ with a girl inside the room. These boys included Mark Judge and Brett Kavanaugh.”

Swetnick says that in 1982, she was a victim of such a “train” rape where Judge and Kavanaugh were “present,” but she does not say that they participated.

As far as "bias" goes, I would say that I am partisan. I would oppose a Trump appointee on principle. It strikes me as being impossible for someone to be nominated in an nonpartisan way. There is always a political agenda. In Kavanaugh's case, I believe Trump thinks that Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court might assist in shielding him from impeachment, because of Kavanaugh's opinion that a serving president should not be indicted. Indictment is a possible prelude to an impeachment trial.

Isn't this the same accuser that went to 10 more of these parties after this supposed "gang rape"?

yes. because a person that was gang raped at one of these parties would have been totally ok with rolling back in there multiple times. totally normal behavior and raises no red flags.....

Let alone not feeling morally obligated to stop these things from happening to other girls..

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Lindsey Graham just went off of on the Dems.

I have a new respect for him they way he has been conducting himself lately.

link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

www.vox.com...

Was she sworn in today?

link   
After watching this.......
There needs to be bigger penalties for slander, it causes too much mayhem in society.

And if you look like this.........well you make the judgement...the smirking smile and gleam in her eye that speaks for itself.
Sometimes you can't hide reality from a single picture.

link   

www.vox.com...

Should we? Her body/her choice...

Am I doing it right?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Thanks for the thread.

I also learned to tell my 14 year old sister not to righty anything inside jokes in her year book or it could be used to prove she is a rapist in the future.

link   

originally posted by: pavil
Lindsey Graham just went off of on the Dems.

I have a new respect for him they way he has been conducting himself lately.

Well, McCain is dead so...

link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Nice to see you I guess you are recovering nicely.

link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
why wont he say he welcomes an investigation but says he welcomes whatever the committee wants to do?

i dont understand the difference....

help with this please

He knows too that they want to delay to the mid term and he doesn't want to give an way out for them to get it. If he says we would welcome an investigation then they would say "Mr. President he wants one!!!"

He also knows the FBI would not provide anymore information than what the investigation right now has provided.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
After watching this.......
There needs to be bigger penalties for slander, it causes too much mayhem in society.

And if you look like this.........well you make the judgement...the smirking smile and gleam in her eye that speaks for itself.
Sometimes you can't hide reality from a single picture.

What a snake.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

www.vox.com...

Was she sworn in today?

The latest accuser? Ol' Sweatneck?

Don't think so. Was she there?

edit on 9 27 2018 by burgerbuddy because: just had to

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

The main question is, "Did the events happen as described or not?" So far there is no police investigation.

patch.com...

Montgomery County Police have said the department has no knowledge of Swetnick's accusation. Furthermore, officials last week said in a statement that unless a complaint is filed with the department, they will not conduct an investigation into the accusations.

"The Department recognizes that victims of sexual assault may not want to involve law enforcement and/or initiate a criminal investigation, and we respect that position," the statement read. "The Department, however, stands prepared to assist anyone who reports being the victim of a sexual assault."

edit on 27-9-2018 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Well , I was impressed by Lindsey, and I hope this has been a wakeup call for him, and other republicans and maybe we can turn the tide, and get their act together REALLY for the American people instead of partyline politics.........

Because if you look at whats happening with the left, thats exactly where it gets you........

I just hope watching this , that the American people wake the H up and see the dems for what the really are and keep them out of office.

<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join