It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ford - Kavanaugh Hearings 9-27-18

page: 126
<< 123  124  125    127  128  129 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords
I'm pretty sure Stinkenstein said her and her aides had the letter and she(Ford) told a few friends so maybe they said something, then Graham went nuts on her blaming her for blaming Ford. I can go back and look but I'm pretty sure that's how it happened. This is paraphrased btw.

Edit oops sorry responded to wrong post lol!

edit on 9/27/2018 by Lilroanie because: (no reason given)

link   
Double post.

Also... I like beer.

A2D
edit on 27-9-2018 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I’m not following... What are you saying?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: burdman30ott6

What happened today was and is a travesty. Both sides were playing politics, not just one. If you think this is below anything Republicans would do, we simply do not agree.

Yes the Democrats deserve to be scorned for the way they handled this, but I'm not going to give the Republicans a pass just because the Dem's were the ones crawling on their bellies today. Republicans have their share of slime on their bellies also. One need only watch the attack ads they run to see how morally bankrupt both parties have become.

Sure, but compared to attack ads during an election year this was beyond the pale.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Here is part of what Julie Swetnick had to say:

The most disturbing part of Swetnick’s allegations regards the “gang rape” she alleges occurred at parties where Kavanaugh and Judge were present. She alleges that Judge, Kavanaugh, and others would “‘spike’ the ‘punch’” at parties “so as to cause girls to lose their inhibitions and their ability to say ‘No.’” They would target particular girls, and if the girls became very drunk or disoriented, they would be gang raped by a ‘train’ of numerous boys.”

www.vox.com...

She continues: “I have a firm recollection of seeing boys lined up outside rooms at many of those parties waiting for their ‘turn’ with a girl inside the room. These boys included Mark Judge and Brett Kavanaugh.”

Swetnick says that in 1982, she was a victim of such a “train” rape where Judge and Kavanaugh were “present,” but she does not say that they participated.

As far as "bias" goes, I would say that I am partisan. I would oppose a Trump appointee on principle. It strikes me as being impossible for someone to be nominated in an nonpartisan way. There is always a political agenda. In Kavanaugh's case, I believe Trump thinks that Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court might assist in shielding him from impeachment, because of Kavanaugh's opinion that a serving president should not be indicted. Indictment is a possible prelude to an impeachment trial.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
News just broke that some of the Republican members of the judicial committee have been doxxed. Home address and family phone numbers have been posted online.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

What the H has happened to my country?! I've never seen so much hate and anger from one side and it's getting worse. I don't remember seeing this much hatred from the right towards obama and his Supreme Court nominees, sure there was grumbling, but but not this level of pure hatred. We have just allegations against Judge Kavanaugh, no proof but the media and left are running with it as if it's fact and it's destroying an man and his family, he was right when he said that thanks to some on the panel that he can never teach or coach ever again. It's just sickening at the way thing are going.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

What happened today was and is a travesty. Both sides were playing politics, not just one. If you think this is below anything Republicans would do, we simply do not agree.

Yes the Democrats deserve to be scorned for the way they handled this, but I'm not going to give the Republicans a pass just because the Dem's were the ones crawling on their bellies today. Republicans have their share of slime on their bellies also. One need only watch the attack ads they run to see how morally bankrupt both parties have become.

When have you seen them do something like this? We see this from the Dems again and again. This is coming from a libertarian that thinks the Dems and Repubs are two heads of the same snake. Yet, I have never seen the repubs do anything on a scale like this and I do not think they would.
The repubs are bad, but the dems are so much worse, inho.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

Comes down to Flake.

That's not good. Not good at all. If Kavanaugh doens't get confirmed I might lose all faith in the human race.

This was such a disgusting display today it made me sick.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit

The most disturbing part of Swetnick’s allegations regards the “gang rape” she alleges occurred at parties where Kavanaugh and Judge were present. She alleges that Judge, Kavanaugh, and others would “‘spike’ the ‘punch’” at parties “so as to cause girls to lose their inhibitions and their ability to say ‘No.’” They would target particular girls, and if the girls became very drunk or disoriented, they would be gang raped by a ‘train’ of numerous boys.”

www.vox.com...

She continues: “I have a firm recollection of seeing boys lined up outside rooms at many of those parties waiting for their ‘turn’ with a girl inside the room. These boys included Mark Judge and Brett Kavanaugh.”

Swetnick says that in 1982, she was a victim of such a “train” rape where Judge and Kavanaugh were “present,” but she does not say that they participated.

As far as "bias" goes, I would say that I am partisan. I would oppose a Trump appointee on principle. It strikes me as being impossible for someone to be nominated in an nonpartisan way. There is always a political agenda. In Kavanaugh's case, I believe Trump thinks that Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court might assist in shielding him from impeachment, because of Kavanaugh's opinion that a serving president should not be indicted. Indictment is a possible prelude to an impeachment trial.

Isn't this the same accuser that went to 10 more of these parties after this supposed "gang rape"?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Happened at Yale. New Haven, CT is not in Maryland.

I don't know what you're getting at. Julie Swetnick never accused Kavanaugh of rape. She went as far as to say that he tried to coordinate rapes between girls and other boys, but she stopped short of stating that she knows anything that Kavanaugh did personally.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: japhrimu
a reply to: snarfbot

Just to clear it up, maybe:

I think tomorrow’s vote is whether to get this out of Judiciary Committee...

The confirmation vote, if called for tomorrow, would be on next Tuesday...

Anybody able to corroborate?

From what I understand, Grassley announced to vote in the 3 days it requires, back on mon or tues.

So i believe the actual vote will be tmw.

I'm 12 hrs ahead here and days can get tricky.

link   

originally posted by: Chance321

News just broke that some of the Republican members of the judicial committee have been doxxed. Home address and family phone numbers have been posted online.

What the H has happened to my country?! I've never seen so much hate and anger from one side and it's getting worse. I don't remember seeing this much hatred from the right towards obama and his Supreme Court nominees, sure there was grumbling, but but not this level of pure hatred. We have just allegations against Judge Kavanaugh, no proof but the media and left are running with it as if it's fact and it's destroying an man and his family, he was right when he said that thanks to some on the panel that he can never teach or coach ever again. It's just sickening at the way thing are going.

You think what they are doing to Kavanaugh is bad, wait until they are in power again.

They are crazed with vengeance.

link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

Comes down to Flake.

That's not good. Not good at all. If Kavanaugh doens't get confirmed I might lose all faith in the human race.

This was such a disgusting display today it made me sick.

Flake? Christ.

GG

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium

When have you seen them do something like this? We see this from the Dems again and again. This is coming from a libertarian that thinks the Dems and Repubs are two heads of the same snake. Yet, I have never seen the repubs do anything on a scale like this and I do not think they would.
The repubs are bad, but the dems are so much worse, inho.

I have to agree with you. I am very liberal but consider myself Independent but definitely liberal in my positions. The Democrats are the most vile and disgusting vipers and nothing is too low for them.

Just when you think they can not get any lower, they lower the bar again.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: Chance321

You think what they are doing to Kavanaugh is bad, wait until they are in power again.

They are crazed with vengeance.

Yup.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw the ol' fema camps pop up for real.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Well, it looks like the committee vote will happen tomorrow. About time.

As to what I learned today:
  • The Democrats in Congress have zero morals.
  • Brett Kavanaugh likes beer.
  • Grassley has a backbone and Graham has family jewels... if they can keep 'em.
  • Mark Judge has problems with addiction and leukemia.
  • Senator Whitehouse is obsessed with farts.
  • Diane Feinstein will turn on anyone at any time to cover her own wrinkled behind.
  • Dr. Christine Blasey Ford is a very troubled woman.
Did I mention Brett Kavanaugh likes beer?

As I had suspected, this hearing did nothing to change my opinion that Kavanaugh should replace Kennedy as the next Justice of the Supreme Court. I kept an open mind, and was impressed by the emotion Ford showed at first, but in the end it was her self-contradictory statements under questioning and her lawyers' attempts to speak for her which tripped her up. In any case, I wish her well and hope she finds peace.

I also learned that there is still ATS in ATS. I stated right up front that this was not intended to be a Mud Pit thread, and thanks to the membership it was lively, spirited, but never devolved into the circus atmosphere we have seen far too often in recent months. I want to thank all of the membership for that. You guys still have 'it,' and today you showed 'it.' Well done.

TheRedneck

link   
a reply to: infolurker

You think what they are doing to Kavanaugh is bad, wait until they are in power again. They are crazed with vengeance.

Yeah, that's the scary thought.

link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: ipsedixit

www.vox.com...

Isn't this the same accuser that went to 10 more of these parties after this supposed "gang rape"?

yes. because a person that was gang raped at one of these parties would have been totally ok with rolling back in there multiple times. totally normal behavior and raises no red flags.....

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I agree and agree that perhaps the republicans would one day sink this low.

I can tell you this, if it works against kavanaugh, i guarantee they will.

But thius far, despite many crappy things done by republicans, nothing approaches this level.

I mean yes, the lying and warmongering from all sides is horrible.

But to trivialize sexual abuses, lead to the smearing of both fords and kavanaughs families, and act as disgraceful as they did today is unforgivable.

When the republicans do this, I will feel the exact same way. But until then, my hatred is reserved for these democrats

(note that does not mean I would take it out on local dem politicians at the state level, or friedns and such. Just these establishment clowns)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Well , I was impressed by Lindsey, and I hope this has been a wakeup call for him, and other republicans and maybe we can turn the tide, and get their act together REALLY for the American people instead of partyline politics.........

Because if you look at whats happening with the left, thats exactly where it gets you........

top topics

<< 123  124  125    127  128  129 >>

join