It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ford - Kavanaugh Hearings 9-27-18

page: 125
<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

Plausible deniability... Since I’ve paid attention to politics, in the last five years, there is no balance between the sides, of who uses this the most...

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
I believe that Fienstien didn't leak it. I'll put money on Ford's lawyer leaking it.

This is what I think too. Feinstein recommended the lawyer because she knew she could get them to leak it.... the little envelope from sheisty sheila....maybe the benefits of doing Diane's dirty deed.....

A2D

What would be the ramifications if the attorney did leak them? I'm guessing they would be disbarred. I think there NEEDS to be an investigation into this, it is one of the biggest leaks of confidential information from within the Senate that I can remember and it has had a major effect on the nomination of a SC justice. I would think that could possibly be treasonous. THIS is what the FBI should be investigating and IDK why this hasn't been brought up by the committee members as it has been obvious since Ford's testimony. The fact an investigation in to the leak wasn't suggested really is suspect as to the motives behind this piece of theater as it was the first thing that came to my mind after hearing only Fienstein had the "report". Why was this overlooked?

link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

Everyone is playing hardball on this confirmation so I hope that the allegations of Julie Swetnick result in rape charges against him in Maryland.

Swetnick never accused Kavanaugh of rape. Your bias is showing.

link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

That means Kavanaugh will be the next SCOTUS justice barring whatever disgrace the left is planning to delay proceedings with next. If they try the extended filibuster, I suggest filling the Senate chambers with sleeping gas and holding the vote with the GOP and whatever sanity exists on the left's side in gas masks for effect.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
lots of people just glossing over the fact that Dr Ford blatantly lied about the fear of flying just to buy time........that is shady af, and damages her credibility imo

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Happened at Yale. New Haven, CT is not in Maryland.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
amazing the difference in the way they treated judge vs the accuser.

a lynch mob vs day care teachers.

disgusting.

besides that he seemed very credible, and her not so much. it was obviously a political hit job, and i think that point was elucidated well.

looking forward to seeing supreme court justice kavenaugh sworn in tommorow.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Did Ford actually say during testimony that she was afraid to fly ?
I had wondered if her attorneys made that up at the time.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
looks like a vote for tomorrow. they think they have the votes to confirm......

link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
lots of people just glossing over the fact that Dr Ford blatantly lied about the fear of flying just to buy time........that is shady af, and damages her credibility imo

She was caught in several lies and let's not forget the fake crying and baby voice.

link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Yes...she said it was a fear.

I'd like to see some therapist notes showing this being a long time fear she had.

link   
a reply to: snarfbot

Just to clear it up, maybe:

I think tomorrow’s vote is whether to get this out of Judiciary Committee...

The confirmation vote, if called for tomorrow, would be on next Tuesday...

Anybody able to corroborate?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Comes down to Flake.

link   
a reply to: japhrimu

If One Man Constantly Tells Lies to me , and Another Always Honest Truth's , Who am I to Really Believe ? .........Hmm...

link   
Nvm
edit on 27-9-2018 by ausername because: Cheers

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Fake crying and baby voice... I second.

I cannot prove it, but apparently, that’s not needed.

link   
I think just about all that was accomplished here was to add more members to #WalkAway.

I hope (not holding my breath) that Republicans can find a spine and confirm K.

link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

I didnt hear it during the testimony, but her lawyers and media were definitely pushing that as a reason she couldnt get there in a timely fashion, so I assume she was in the loop with that claim (which is patently false since she had no problem flying on numerous occasions).....so someone was full of it. she did seem to be taken back by that assertion in questioning, but didnt really deny it that I recall either.
edit on pm99201818America/Chicago27p06pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

What happened today was and is a travesty. Both sides were playing politics, not just one. If you think this is below anything Republicans would do, we simply do not agree.

Yes the Democrats deserve to be scorned for the way they handled this, but I'm not going to give the Republicans a pass just because the Dem's were the ones crawling on their bellies today. Republicans have their share of slime on their bellies also. One need only watch the attack ads they run to see how morally bankrupt both parties have become.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

That's what the circus is for...to detract from the leak. Was it Cruz that grilled Feinstein on it? I don't remember.

Either way, I would absolutely LOVE a bargain...

Reopen a background check on Kav....
IF AND ONLY IF
The FBI also gets to investigate the leak of those confidential statements and letters......

Would the Dems agree?

A2D

top topics

<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join