It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good News: NASA Searching for Technosignatures on Mars

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
NASA now decides to search for intelligent alien technology:
"“From studying water on Mars, probing promising ‘oceans worlds’ such as Europa or Saturn’s moon Enceladus, to looking for biosignatures in the atmospheres of exoplanets, NASA’s science missions are working together with a goal to find unmistakable signs of life beyond Earth.

"And perhaps that life could indeed be more technologically advanced than our own.”"
Quoted from www.express.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: FossilLin
"“From studying water on Mars, probing promising ‘oceans worlds’ such as Europa or Saturn’s moon Enceladus, to looking for biosignatures in the atmospheres of exoplanets, NASA’s science missions are working together with a goal to find unmistakable signs of life beyond Earth.

"And perhaps that life could indeed be more technologically advanced than our own.”"

Makes me wonder what they know.. ? What do they know that gives them the idea that they need to search for intelligent life? Have they found life's signature?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: FossilLin

A while back, a good while I guess Michio Kaku, one of my favorite scientists said on one of the Art Bell shows that if they discovered alien life the reaction from the people would be drastic if it was told straight out and the if he was to decide how to do it it would be a slow dribble of information so maybe this is that.

Lets search for tech.
We think we found something.
Its old though.
Okay it isn't that old but is unlikely to still be used.
Oh wow it is still working.
Hey look now we think we've found them.
Yep Aliens, they're out there.
Oh wait now we've realised that they've been here.

Alien disclosure...

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing. Also great comments so far.

It really seems like they're prepping the sheeple to receive some stunning information about our Universe.

Maybe they knew it all along, maybe they've discovered now, or maybe they have indications that, eventually, will lead to finding extraterrestrial signatures.

S+F!

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

NASA is there to cover ET evidence. ET don't care what NASA does.

edit on 27-9-2018 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
In our world today there would be people willing to fight to the death that ET is all faked by the Deep State if they showed up on the White House lawn for a presser.
Sometimes I think we were more ready in the 80’s for disclosure. They better hurry before we reach full Idiocracy. (Although it’s a good argument we’re already there)
I’m ready and want to know everything!

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
A marketing ploy just to keep the money coming in...
Well timed and planned

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Similar news also reported in www.dailystar.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Well timed and planned

Indeed, that budget must be spent every year in order to get a new one. Technosignatures my ass....pffft.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Misleading title is misleading.

This has nothing to do with Mars as such.

"In April 2018, new interest arose in Congress for NASA to begin supporting the scientific search for technosignatures as part of the agency's search for life
As part of that effort, the agency is hosting the NASA Technosignatures Workshop in Houston later this month with the purpose of assessing the current state of the field

In case you were not aware NASA has been looking for (organic) signs of life for decades.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Misleading title is misleading.

NASA isn't searching for technosignatures on Mars. They're searching for technosignatures on exoplanets.

The USA-based space agency will scan distant solar systems and planets for signs of giant structures on their surface or atmospheric pollutants poisoning their skies.

edit on 27-9-2018 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

originally posted by: Gothmog
Well timed and planned

Indeed, that budget must be spent every year in order to get a new one. Technosignatures my ass....pffft.

Plus , business has just completed year end. New budget to be set soon

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Makes me wonder what they know.. ? What do they know that gives them the idea that they need to search for intelligent life? Have they found life's signature?

What they know is that other life in the Universe may be technologically more advanced than us. This isn't anything new; NASA and other scientists have been saying this exact same thing for decades.

They have been searching for signs of technology for a while now (in the limited ways that they can search), such as SETI, looking for optical communications (Optical SETI), excess heat from advanced societies, etc.

By the way, the title of the thread makes it sound as if they are looking on Mars for signs of technology. However, if you read the article, it explains that they are looking elsewhere (explaonats, etc.) for these signs.

edit on 27/9/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

People shouild try to work with Trump...not against him. He could be of such value to the US citizens. He is an unusual man and a more even unusual politician. He can not help this...being the person that he is. But I am sure that he can be a great president fr the USA if people just try to understand him and follow his train of thought. I think he is reasonable and open for suggestion when a decision is to be made. It is like guiding a child with incoherent thoughts towards what it wants and help it get there to the best option.

The way he is being burned by the MSM and a lot of vocal people will only frustrate him and will be a breeding ground for misunderstanding and bad decision making.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
As far as I'm concerned, all of these probes only have one mission -- to look for ET life.

Why else would we send them? There are maybe a half dozen people on Earth who only care what the weather or geology on Mars is like. The rest of us, the people footing the bill, want to see aliens!

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
What NASA really said and did:

The explosion of knowledge of planets orbiting other stars, called exoplanets, and the results of decades of research on signatures of life - what scientists call biosignatures - have encouraged NASA to address, in a scientifically rigorous way, whether humanity is alone. Beyond searching for evidence of just microbial life, NASA now is exploring ways to search for life advanced enough to create technology.

Technosignatures are signs or signals, which if observed, would allow us to infer the existence of technological life elsewhere in the universe. The best known technosignature are radio signals, but there are many others that have not been explored fully.

In April 2018, new interest arose in Congress for NASA to begin supporting the scientific search for technosignatures as part of the agency’s search for life. As part of that effort, the agency is hosting the NASA Technosignatures Workshop in Houston on Sept. 26-28, 2018, with the purpose of assessing the current state of the field, the most promising avenues of research in technosignatures and where investments could be made to advance the science. A major goal is to identify how NASA could best support this endeavor through partnerships with private and philanthropic organizations.

And no, the title is not misleading, the title is a lie.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Why else would we send them? There are maybe a half dozen people on Earth who only care what the weather or geology on Mars is like. The rest of us, the people footing the bill, want to see aliens!

Maybe, maybe not. You should never let your own bias to assumptions about what other people think, as that's the best way of being wrong.

I would like to see aliens but I mostly want to learn about the universe around me, and as nothing points to the existence of aliens in the solar system I'm not really expecting to see them any time soon, while I am very interested in the geology and meteorology of other planets and how they evolved.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
originally posted by: Blue Shift
I would like to see aliens but I mostly want to learn about the universe around me, and as nothing points to the existence of aliens in the solar system I'm not really expecting to see them any time soon, while I am very interested in the geology and meteorology of other planets and how they evolved.

So who are the other five of you?
edit on 27-9-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: lostbook

What they know is that other life in the Universe may be technologically more advanced than us. This isn't anything new; NASA and other scientists have been saying this exact same thing for decades.
They have been searching for signs of technology for a while now (in the limited ways that they can search), such as SETI, looking for optical communications (Optical SETI), excess heat from advanced societies, etc.
By the way, the title of the thread makes it sound as if they are looking on Mars for signs of technology. However, if you read the article, it explains that they are looking elsewhere (explaonats, etc.) for these signs.

Thanks. I didn't have time to read the article.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Typical.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join