It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahead of Senate hearing witnesses surface to say Christine Ford may have mistaken them for Kavanaugh

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: xtradimensions
a reply to: troubleshooter
I missed the section of the committee notes that did indeed say a second man claimed he also thinks he is the guy. Thanks for the clarification.

What are the odds...two guys claim to be the guy. Wow...just wow.

Remember her claim (well one of them because it’s chenged) was that there were two men involved in the assault, Kavanaugh and his friend judge

So perhaps these two men are saying they were there together

This would honestly be the best result for KBF. Instead of being known as a bald faced liar, she will just be known as someone who was mistaken about an upsetting event in her past.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

originally posted by: Quadrivium

Are you sure it’s two different men? From what I have read and heard it is one man, who was interviewed twice by the committee.

"Witnesses" as in, more than one witness. There are two men.

Ford claimed there were two men in the room when the incident supposedly happened. These could be the two is she was drunk and confused.

I mean, read the articles in question before commenting. We are discussing articles regarding TWO MEN who are each claiming to have been in room with CBF instead of BK and PJ.

And in regard to my post your point is what, exactly?
Your post, I commented on, did not specify YOUR thoughts after all.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I said to someone yesterday that I believe the incident happened to Christine Ford but I think it wasn't Brett Kavanaugh. I watched his testimony and interviews and his body language didn't indicate lying or guilt.

I came to the conclusion that either she was mistaken or was blaming it on Kavanaugh to destroy him.
Either option may still be the case.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   
So...... two guys are claiming it was them?????

Someone is paying them some good money to take one for the team and it's not the right.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I missed the section of the committee notes that did indeed say a second man claimed he also thinks he is the guy. Thanks for the clarification.

Remember her claim (well one of them because it’s chenged) was that there were two men involved in the assault, Kavanaugh and his friend judge

This would honestly be the best result for KBF. Instead of being known as a bald faced liar, she will just be known as someone who was mistaken about an upsetting event in her past.

And due to how long ago it happened, the men would not face criminal charges. That's probably why they are so forthcoming at this point..36 years later.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

And due to how long ago it happened, the men would not face criminal charges. That's probably why they are so forthcoming at this point..36 years later.

They might also have a totally different interpretation of what went down. Like "We thought we were just horsing around" instead of "We were trying to assault this woman."

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   

And people were suggesting Ford was getting money to come out with accusations.

Talk about a sacrifice; how much money does it take for someone to go -- 'No, no, I'm the rapist!'

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

They could also say that it went down exactly as she said, they're sorry, they were young and stupid, made a huge inexcusable mistake, but have since grown and become better people and as a result don't want to see others harmed for their actions, and if allowed would like to seek some way to pay restitution to the victim.

Doesn't excuse what they did by any means. It does, however, potentially provide closure, and perhaps be an example of integrity and how people can change, and why the statute of limitations exist.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   

They might also have a totally different interpretation of what went down. Like "We thought we were just horsing around" instead of "We were trying to assault this woman."

What's making this Extra Fun at this late hour, is seeing all the liberal MSM outlets start to publish their pre-hearing Anti-Kavanaugh articles. With the exception of FoxNews, TownHall, and a couple of other conservative outlets, all the MSM is propping up Christine Ford..and ignoring the potential that she may have identified Kavanaugh my mistake.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

They're probably intelligent, conservative, and are tired of living with a guilty conscience for so long.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   

OOPS...My mistake!

Unlike many states, Maryland does not have a statue of limitations for felony sexual offenses.
Latest on the 2 potential Ford attackers: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   
More changes...

JUST IN: Man Apologizes For Claiming Kavanaugh Sexually Assaulted His Friend, Says He 'Made A Mistake'

The Daily Caller

edit on 27/9/18 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Picked up by Daily Wire

Judiciary Talks With 2 Men Who Think They Assaulted Ford, Not Kavanaugh, Report Says

Daily Wire

...and National Review

National Review

edit on 27/9/18 by troubleshooter because: Additional link

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   
if they where under 18 could they still be charged ?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

Someone is paying them some good money to take one for the team and it's not the right.

If that’s the case expect another “Spartacus moment” from Booker... because surely he was in the room with T-Bone and David Hogg barely made it out alive while Hillary was taking sniper fire and Brian Williams was there to authenticate all... check Snopes they said it’s all true...

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
if they where under 18 could they still be charged ?

No with her testimony it was assault. Meaning the statute of limitations was 5 year. Same if someone had grabbed her butt. In her statement he never got her clothes off and in maryland it would be a 4th degree sexual assault. Typical for sexual assault in the 4th degree is a misdemeanor punished by not more than one-year imprisonment and a fine not more than $1,000.

And dont forget the guy would just say i was drunk and i was wrestling i guess i got to rough. And no DA will ever try to prosecute a 35 year sexual assault. There would be zero evidence her best hope would be a civil case for damages. She could take him to court and sue him but i suspect that would be difficult to win after she accused someone else at first. A lawyer would tear her apart arguing her memory is flawed.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   
It's not mistaken identity, it's intentional political smearing and character assassination of potential supreme court justice with an impeccable career and solid character.

This is what democrats do when they can't or don't get their way, lie and destroy innocent lives for political gain. They are truly the most despicable people in politics.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   

What's making this Extra Fun at this late hour, is seeing all the liberal MSM outlets start to publish their pre-hearing Anti-Kavanaugh articles. With the exception of FoxNews, TownHall, and a couple of other conservative outlets, all the MSM is propping up Christine Ford..and ignoring the potential that she may have identified Kavanaugh my mistake.

Do you actually think she identified Kavanaugh by mistake?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I opened a thread unknowing this thread was started. Here is my post.

I actually just watched a recorded show from Fox on the Shannon Bream segment. Her guest, Ed Henry, says that in a letter from Grassley, on page 4 or 5 there is a part that states that two men have claimed responsibility for the assault on Christine Blasey Ford. No names but the FBI has done some interviews.

Fox News @ Night with Shannon Bream S2018 - Ep196 [09/26/2018] About a half an hour into the show, Ed Henry and Shannon Bream discuss receiving several pages of new information which they received from the committee regarding the timeline of this supposed incident between Ford and Kavanaugh. I haven't transcribed the whole conversation but most of it is here. It is word for word and I have checked it thoroughly for errors or discrepancies so if appears there are any in the below information, it is because that is what was said.

Ed Henry:

There's such a volume of information pouring in from all sides it's hard to sort out what's accurate and what's not. So we wanna be really careful how we report this but I just got a tip as soon as I came off the air with you a moment ago that Senator Chuck Grassley about 45 minutes ago, maybe an hour ago put out what looks like an innocuous timeline of what the judiciary committee has done with all the information they've been getting, the interviews they've been doing and there's a nugget buried on page four or five.

On Monday of this week, Senator Grassley is saying his staff had an interview with a man quote "who believes he, not Judge Kavanaugh , had the encounter with Dr. Ford in 1982 that is the basis of his complaint. He submitted a written statement early that day. Even more important, Tuesday September 25th, according to Chairman Grassley, quote "committee staff had a second interview with a man who believes he, not Judge Kavanaugh had the encounter with Dr. Ford in the summer of 82 that is the basis of her allegation. Here's the key line: He described his recollection of their interaction in some detail as if this person has more details, more of a recollection than Judge Kavanaugh who has denied it. Now again we want to be careful. This person can turn out to be fake, this person can turn out to not have the goods to deliver On the other hand, the fact that the committee tonight is putting this out right before the hearing suggests maybe they're going to talk about it tomorrow and maybe they're giving it some weight Shannon because they've not interviewed this man once, they've interviewed him twice. We don't have his name but I wonder from a legal standpoint as well, if this man is telling the truth, that he thinks he may have assaulted Dr. Ford, is he putting himself in legal jeopardy by coming forward.

I did a web search and found the an article in the Washington Times.

By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Thursday, September 27, 2018

Two men have come forward to tell Senate investigators they, not Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, could have been responsible for the encounter Christine Blasey Ford describes when she says she was sexually assaulted at a high school party 36 years ago.

The Judiciary Committee Republican staff did not release any details about the men, but said each had been interviewed, and one had provided a written statement.

Each of the men described “in some detail” their recollection of their encounter with Ms. Blasey Ford, the GOP staff said in a memo late Wednesday, less than 12 hours before Ms. Blasey Ford is slated to testify about her memories of the assault.
www.washingtontimes.com...

That is the extent of the claim, the rest of the article is more about the same from Ms. Ford's claims. But it appears that the Washington Times thinks there are two men claiming assault on Dr. Ford. Since I saw and listened to the discourse between Shannon Bream and Ed Henry, I personally taking their account as the more accurate. But I am now seeing on Fox that there are two different men. I still feel this is in error and time will tell.

So, interesting still. Curious as to how this plays out.

edit on 27-9-2018 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

You are using Democrat morality in that assumption.

Perhaps these guys are just not willing to let another man take the fall for them. That shows true character.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join