It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS groping a someone a big deal?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It’s called battery and it’s a crime.

criminal.findlaw.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
It’s called battery and it’s a crime.

criminal.findlaw.com...

Well, obviously.

I think it would be better to ask if groping someone is worse than punching someone in the face and knocking their teeth out. Because we seem to have a lot of people who want to say that the sexual one is way worse than the other one. I have never seen the confirmation of a judge held up because he beat somebody up in college. Even though that has almost certainly happened.

Let's say that this situation was a little bit different and Kerfuffle (or whatever his name is) punched someone in the face and broke his nose. Now we tend to not think of this as a really serious injury, right? I mean, it's not good but whatever. The nose will heal. But let's further say that the injury heals in such a way that the guy who had the broken nose gets frequent headaches for the rest of his life.

Believe it or not, this is the kind of thing that can actually happen. Probably does happen every day. I mean, I'm not implying that it happens all the time with supreme court nominees. But if it did, do you really think you'd ever hear about it? Do you think it would actually stall a confirmation? But shouldn't it, though? If it did happen, that wouldn't exactly be a nice thing for him to have done to someone, would it? Which is worse?

Well, I'll tell you what. When I was in grade school, I was punched in the face by this one bully and broke my nose pretty bad. I never had bad headaches before that but I have had them often ever since. Can't be sure that's what caused it but if it wasn't happening before and has happened ever since that one day, sounds like more than a coincidence, doesn't it?

I cannot tell you the suffering I've been through because of that one little bully all those years ago. But I'd be willing to bet that you'll never see the entire country grind to a halt over something like that.

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join