It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ellison Is Requesting A House Ethics Committee Investigation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It took a while and personally, I was skeptical that it would happen this close to the midterms but some of Ellison's Democratic colleagues have gone on record supporting a House Ethics Committee investigation into allegations made against Ellison by his former girlfriend. Among those noted in the BuzzFeed article are Sen. Mazie Hirono, Rep. Tim Walz, Sen. Tim Kaine, Rep. Betty McCollum, Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, Sen. Tina Smith and Rep. Jackie Speier.

And now Ellison is himself is submitting a request to the House Ethics Committee.

Rep. Keith Ellison Is Asking The House To Investigate An Ex-Girlfriend’s Claims That He Abused Her

“Today I am announcing that I will submit a request for a House Ethics Committee investigation into allegations against me raised by a former partner. I am taking this step now because I am innocent and eager to see this entire matter resolved,” Ellison said. “In addition to any House Ethics investigation, an independent investigation has been conducted by an independent attorney. I have complied fully with that investigation, the results of which should be made public soon.”

“These allegations have lingered in the public sphere, and remain unsubstantiated. I welcome an investigation by the House to allow us to move on,” he added.

This is something that should have been done earlier. It's unclear what the practical consequences could be considering that Ellison is running for Minnesota AG and not seeking re-election to the House so he's out of that seat in January regardless of the HEC findings.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
While i believe that everyone should be heard, there are mechanisms in place to accomodate that. Whether it is civil or criminal, there is a process. I am skeptical of the claim, but she deserves to be heard.

Perhaps the investigation should have taken place sooner. Doubtful it can be completed before he leaves office, even though it should be. They have a big break coming up, lots of holiday breaks, so I am skeptical that they will work hard on it. The lady claims to have a video of an incident but said she would not release it, then she said she didn't have it anymore, so place it in the he said she said category which is the unfounded pile

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Good for him for requesting this. If you have nothing to hide, the world should know. We need to stop false accusations from becoming the norm. (If they are false)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
It's a ruse.

He has good advisors.

Phony Bullony.

He wants votes secured and wants to stay as DNC 2nd Chair.

Can't be trusted.

💥💯💥

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Good, the Democrats shouldn't be hypocrites and not demand the same treatment they demand of the other side.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The GOP has been using it against the Democrats in the Kavanaugh confirmation battle. This is purely intended to remove that as a GOP talking point.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

American politics have hit a low indicative of a slow and painful death.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Allegations are not facts.

Regardless which side is claiming it.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I've seen pictures of Ellisons gf on facebork after being beaten.
Try using Goo-gul image search to find any of her injuries.
Sickening how they cover up for their pet politicians.
Same guy wants another 110,000 Somali refugees.
Did you hear about the 100 or so that rampaged through an amusement park a few days ago?
Same thing, buried by the MSM.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Dems now initiating abuse investigations against...themselves??

😄

I guess he feels left out.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

So she really has pictures?
That is good then, and he will have just shot himself in the political head, I would hope.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Like the Ethics Committee always does in these situations, they will pay the alleged victim a chunk of money to make her go away.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
I've seen pictures of Ellisons gf on facebork after being beaten.
Try using Goo-gul image search to find any of her injuries.
Sickening how they cover up for their pet politicians.
Same guy wants another 110,000 Somali refugees.
Did you hear about the 100 or so that rampaged through an amusement park a few days ago?
Same thing, buried by the MSM.

Karen Monaha herself has said that the photo of the bruised face is not hers. She asked many people of Twitter to remove it. Her fear was the press happily using the fake photo as justification for completely ignoring her.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Soon we'll need to sign disclaimers before a date. It's incredible what people does for money today.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

I believe she has contemporaneous medical records that name him.

She should be heard and evidence allowed to be submitted.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Too bad he wont just "step down"
I guess only kavanaugh is expected to do that.

Shouldn't the fbi investigate?
If he is innocent ?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Liar , Liar , Those Tight Pants On Fire !

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Why not an fbi invetsigation?

This is hypocrisy!

If democrats say that congressional bodies (the senate) cant investigate the accusations against kavanaugh, why should any investigative body short of the fbi be good enough for ellison?

Why arent the dems demanding he step down and stop running for office and the dnc until the invetsigation is over?

why did no dems call for this investigation themselves for months?

Why are the dems not hammering ellison for saying his accuser is lying?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I agree. He should withdraw his name, shouldn't he? I personally don't think he should, but that's what Democrats should want, right?

top topics

join